Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about this generalization about blacks and Mexicans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMFAO.
    I'm convinced there is something wrong with you Mizzou, but I guess if you pull together the work ethic numbers from both ethnic backgrounds you are probably likely to see that a much larger percentage of Mexicans hold down even the ****iest of jobs,hell they will build a cart and senf their kids to the streets to sell corn on the cob, oranges, other peoples flowers, and the number of blacks on welfare speaks for itself. Why that point had to be made I'll never know, but numbers are numbers. (I'm just a messanger)

Comment

Are stereotypes true to a certain extent? I always believe stereotypes were made not based on one event but the same event occuring over and over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
        Are stereotypes true to a certain extent? I always believe stereotypes were made not based on one event but the same event occuring over and over and over.
        You have a point. I think most if not all stereo types stem from actual behavior exhibited.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
          If you complain about not having work and you don't want to do certain types of work like you mentioned, then you are lazy.

You do what you can to survive. There is honor in any type of work and the Mexicans who come to this country and do those types are jobs are stronger for it.

Its more like "we can pay them less, and they wont hassle us about breaks, benefits or anything else, because they are undocumented, dont know the law and are less likely to complain about the work"

Mexicans with fewer oppurtunities are more likely to accept adverse conditions like that than the average american period. There is a reason why companies in the agruiculture industry target immigrants as their employees, at the same time, its what keeps produce so cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
            the number of blacks on welfare speaks for itself. Why that point had to be made I'll never know, but numbers are numbers. (I'm just a messanger)
            Could be lack of opportunity though? The opportunities to improve theirselves will not open while people hold stereotypes in their head. Boxers are not lazy nor are most athletes, these are fields which black people excell so must prove that if a goal is in sight they weill work hard and strive towards it and succeed. Boxing is probably the most multi racial sport I can think of and its colour blindness is something to be proud of. Some of the posters in here should acknowledge and embrace that fact or follow sports which are more dominated by the colour they favour, there are many.

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
              You have a point. I think most if not all stereo types stem from actual behavior exhibited.
              A self fulfilling prophesy perhaps?

Comment

I voted and my choice I strongly agree...

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                  Its more like "we can pay them less, and they wont hassle us about breaks, benefits or anything else, because they are undocumented, dont know the law and are less likely to complain about the work"

Mexicans with fewer oppurtunities are more likely to accept adverse conditions like that than the average american period. There is a reason why companies in the agruiculture industry target immigrants as their employees, at the same time, its what keeps produce so cheap.
                  George Lopez said "cheaper, better, faster"

Comment

ok kiddies, let's knock off the politically correct crap.

Mizzou's talking about generalizations. anyone who thinks a generalization represents a group as a whole is an idiot. anyone who gets offended at a generalization PERIOD is an idiot.

first off, all stereotypes are true. you may not like to read that but, fortunately, i don't care. think about it.....if a stereotype WASN'T true then it would have never gotten off the ground in the 1st place! for example, if i stood up and said Asians are really good at surfing then everybody would give me weird looks, tell me to sit down, shut the fuck up and the potential stereotype would have died right there on the spot. now if i say they're good at math then the stereotype takes off because most people have witnessed, 1st-hand, Asian students being better at math.

and here's another thing my neurolgically-challenged snowflakes- a stereotype doesn't mean that even MOST people in the particular group have the stereotype in question. it means that a higher percentage in that group contain it than in the other groups. that's it!

so if only 5% of Mexicans paint cows on their trucks and love The Raiders....it's still a higher percentage than any other race. therefore, you're getting the stereotype. and there's nothing wrong with stereotypes. there's only a problem when people use stereotypes as a means to make another person/race look inferior. that's the difference between stereotypes and racism.

Comment

Sterotype= Most terrorists come from the Middle East, would that be politically incorrect or a true statement to a certain extent?

Comment

Working...
                      X