• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
    Hitler killed millions in the name of atheism
    it was like 9/11.........x10000

[thats 9,110,000]

Comment

This is proof you cannot be moral without religion.
      This is true. What is going to stop a husband or a wife sleeping with other people without morality or fear of God?

I pity a couple who are both atheists. (and their children)

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        So now the definition of "christian" has to be narrowed to a specific one that you consider to be "correct"? Atrocities have been committed in the name of christianity. Pretending that the perpetrators were somehow not "real" christians doesn't change that.

Untrue. I acknowledge the nice "why can't we all just get along" parts but I recognise that those parts are not the overriding theme of the bible. Or even of the new testament.

Matthew

10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Mark

6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city

Luke

3:17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

John

3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts

3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

5:2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

5:6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
        5:7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

5:8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

5:9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

5:10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

5:11 And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

12:23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

Romans

1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1 Corinthians

10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

2 Thessalonians

2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Hebrews

10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

2 Peter

3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Oh and the entirety of Revelation.

And you say that I'm the one generalizing about Christians.

That's because it was a bad example. Hitler in part justified the killing of the jews because they were Christ killers. Both the bible and the Koran are vague enough to be able to use them to justify widespread murder. Burning the Koran would be very anti-muslim, killing jews is in the grand old tradition of christian jew-killing.

I think that you are making this up.

You're also making this up in an attempt to construct a fantasy world in which christians are still persecuted.

He views himself as an agent of god delivered by divine providence to restore Germany and the Aryan race as the rulers of the world. Not really the attitude of an atheist.
        It's funny the quotes you put that are apparently "violent" are not so violent. It's like you see anything with death and assume it's violent.

I didn't read all of them, but reading those wouldn't inspire someone to be violent, let's be truthful here.

If I saw something like "if your bother does this, kill him, or beat him" then i would say ok, you got a case.

Telling people whats going to happen isn't preaching violence.

wait a minute..I went back and read a few of them....WTF squeal?? those aren't violent....what the hell are you smoking..

I've given up on you, I don't expect to change your beliefs but your reasoning doesn't even make sense. Other than you just choose not to think there is a God, which is fine. Typical atheist. I've never walked away thinking I must be wrong on this topic, because an atheist turns it to a grammar war, brings up metaphores, exaggerates them. Things like "thunder" and "lightning" now are the most violent thing in the world etc..

Anyways, the reason for my belief is I don't like the idea of just dieing. Living a life with no purpose. We are just here randomly. Nobody questions how we got here. They say they know how it starts but they never get anywhere close to the main culprit. How it begins.

so what do they make up? the big bang of course. Which is an absolute joke and requires more faith then belief in a God.

In the beginning there was nothing..and that exploded..
        Last edited by them_apples; 05-22-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

This is proof you cannot be moral without religion.
          True Hitler hated religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
            You still haven't answered my questions..
            You didn't even ASK A REAL QUESTION.

Originally posted by Demise View Post
            You still haven't answered my question about religion creating a lot of wars. What about pedophilia? I hear that about 4000 Roman Catholic priests in America have been accused of child molestation. Hang on, servants of God with no morals?
            A. How does religion create a lot of wars? that's such a ridiculous statement to make. How do atheists kill millions of babies?

B. There are priests that molest children, however that goes against the church so obviously they're breaking a moral code.

I'm done with you. All of the losers who give me red k yet don't even know what they're talking about, you're not doing much. Hitler was an atheist, so was Stalin who killed millions of his own people. YOU CANT CHANGE THAT FACT

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              This is true. What is going to stop a husband or a wife sleeping with other people without morality or fear of God?

I pity a couple who are both atheists. (and their children)
              LAMO, so christian don't have affairs now?

I love you religious lot, so, so naive.

Comment

LOL what? What does it matter if he met them? You ever meet any of the writers of books you read? Does that make their information irrelevant?
                Tunney is suggesting with his comments that he has more insight into this topic because he has relatives he never met who directly experienced the situation at hand. I am suggesting that he doesn't have any special insight because his ancestors were involved than I do from reading about the time period. I didn't say that may sources were better, but that essentially we're talking about the same sources. It's a peculiarly north american phenomenon:

"Well I'm Irish so I know all about the potato famine..."
                "Where in Ireland are you from?"
                "My great great grandfather is from Ulster!"

Common decency, mutual trust and the fact that when a husband and wife make a commitment to one another they pledge to honour that commitment. If your only reason for being faithful is that you are afraid of the invisible sky vigilante then how do you have any right to question the morality of others?

I am faithful to my wife because I value her as a person and so I honour the commitment I made to her when we got married in a civil but legally binding non-religious ceremony.

It's funny the quotes you put that are apparently "violent" are not so violent. It's like you see anything with death and assume it's violent.
                It's amazing that you would not consider holy war, horrific eternal torture, putting people to death and tearing apart families to be violent. Furthermore in several parts of the new testament the old testament is held up as something to aspire to. The new testament often condones the violence in the old testament. It never condemns it.

Hitler was an atheist
                No he wasn't. You said you could prove he was, so far I've seen nothing but the usual dog**** from you. **** or get off the pot, son.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney
                  Didn't you know that flaming on someone's family members is against the rules? You are calling my grandparents liars. You are deceitful creep if ever there was one.

Grandfather father's side: born 1914 died 1991
                  Grandfather mother's side: born 1921, now age 88
                  Grandmother father's side: born 1926 died 2006
                  Grandmother mother's side: born 1928, now age 81

All four of my grandparents were born in Russia and came here in the early 1950s. Two are still alive. They say the Bolsheviks tried to eradicate Christianity in the USSR - they were young when those events happened, but it is not something people are likely to forget. Churches were destroyed and people were killed by the communists because they were Christians.

http://www.cnewacanada.ca/ecc-bodypg...&IndexView=toc

The persecution took different forms in different periods: virtually all the theologians and leaders of the church were either exiled in the 1920s or executed in the 1930s. In 1937 alone some 136,000 clerics were arrested and 85,000 killed. In the period from 1917 to 1939, between 80% and 85% of the pre-revolutionary Russian Orthodox clergy disappeared. Conditions improved somewhat during World War II and in Stalin’s later years, until Khrushchev began to intensify the persecutions in 1959."

Here's another well-researched article:

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&gl=ca
                  I remember hearing a story about the Soviet Union. They would put plants in the classroom, and then ask the students how does this plant grow? Of course some children would say god. Then they were rebuked and told "no, the state allows it to grow." Ever hear anything like that Tunney? Plus Its widely believed that The Soviets were behind the assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Valentine View Post
                    I remember hearing a story about the Soviet Union. They would put plants in the classroom, and then ask the students how does this plant grow? Of course some children would say god. Then they were rebuked and told "no, the state allows it to grow." Ever hear anything like that Tunney? Plus Its widely believed that The Soviets were behind the assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II.
                    Oh no doubt much worse stuff happened like this.

And Hitler took many of Stalin's ideas in Nazism. The way fascism works is that the state becomes THE religion.

Hitler was simply not a man interested in religion at all. If he was Christian, why would he exterminate other Christians? He wasn't REALLY anti-Semite either, it was just all part of the Nazi takeover. It's similar to how the Democrats painted the picture of the fat cat country club Republicans in 2008 election.

Comment

Adolf Hitler speech, 1922.

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison."

Also, note Mein Kampf. He states many of things that would lead one to believe that he atleast assumed God existed. So, at the very least,y ou can say he was either, but you can't for SURE say he wasn't one. Too much proof on either side. He's said some religious things and some anti-religious things. So, it's not something you can state for the person, without having known him.

So, even if you want to say that he only used the word of God to help him justify killing the Jews, you'd have to admit that he did it while using RELIGION, not Atheism, which is virtually impossible to begin with.

Atheism is a donut hole. It's nothing. You simply choose not to believe in God. There is NO proof that it leads to killing, especially in mass. If you believ in NOTHING, then you can't kill in the name of it. Virtually impossible. Even if you take Stalin and Hitler and say both are Atheist (one for certain was,) it doesn't match up to The Crusades, The Witch Trials, The Inquisition. That's by Christians alone.

Not to mention Islamic fundamentalists, suicide bombers....

You ever hear of a modern day Atheist of ANY KIND, bombing a church? RARELY, if at all. But you hear of religious people blowing up abortion clinics and ****sexual businesses and homes.

Atheists don't rally, telling people to kill religious people. Quite the opposite happens, actually.

Stalin and Mao, for example, didn't kill IN THE NAME of Atheism. They didn't kill peoiple because they didn't believe in God, they killed in the name of Communism, which preaches the idea of killing those who stray from what the dictator determines is the best path. Has nothing to do with God, other than that God can get in the way of a dictator, OF ANY KIND.

As an example, if George Bush was a dictator during his presidency, he'd have told people to only read Christian books, perhaps. It'd make sense for him to presumibly say such things. However Muslims, for example, would have a problem with that. Bush, as a Christian, THEIR God would get in the way of HIS God. It's a decent parallel to Stalin. It wasn't that they believed in God, and that he didn't. It's just that deeply religious people would put God, of any form or fashion, above HIM and Communism.

In the beginning of this country, when being transformed into early America, Native Americans were killed for not converting to Catholism.

These are ALL murders, DIRETLY linked to religion.

DIRECTLY link ANY mass murders to Atheism.

ANYONE.

Comment

Working...
                      X