No announcement yet.

How Liberals, the Green Movement, Abortion, Gay Marriage are all connected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spare Moody View Post
    I agree. The funny thing is that this is all over nothing, as global warming isn't actually real.

Comment

Originally posted by JackNapier View Post
      I merely provided you with the insight of who runs that site and exactly what aims are behind his motives. According to peer review ( part of the scientific process ) the data does not add up. Only 2 of those links you posted even mention scientists.
      Nils-Axel Mörner (who claims a sea-level rise of 1.1mm while satellite imagery shows a rise of roughly 3.3mm source source source etc...).
      The second scientist mentioned in the links is Bob Carter and his main arguments boil down to four key points which I'll list.
      The Troposphere is getting colder - it is in fact actually warming. He is a marine geologist, not a climatologist so it's forgivable source source
      Solar cycle - While being a geologist obviously does not make you a cosmologist or physicist, here are findings from an actual physicist source (you can skip to conclusions if you don't want to read the whole thing)
      Glaciers growing, not shrinking - This was actually a myth ( and then an admitted typo ) started by a false paper and given credibility by David Bellamy (You can read about him here). He joined the New Zealand Climate Science Coalition which was founded by none other than previously mentioned Bob Carter ( imagine that ) and his scientific reputation was put into question after the incident.
      Water vapor causing warming, not greenhouse gasses - This is just a debate of what causes it, not if there is a cause warming the Earth. There is no contention about effect, just cause.

In other words, the chart data does not reach the conclusions the scientists have put forth. It's been peer-reviewed and found to be false. No one believes it but the people who do not understand it.

It's not a matter of liking the man who runs the website, it's understanding the motives and rationale behind his actions.

This information is not hard to find nor difficult to obtain. It just takes a little critical analysis and thought on the part of the reader.
      Again.. My point is that there is a reasonable doubt.. for example Mars..and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn... Why are/were they all heating up at the same rate as Earth?? Why does that one always get swept under the rug.. ?? Are Earth Driven Co2 emissions warming up the WHOLE solar system??

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-warming.html
      Last edited by Welter_Skelter; 05-06-2009, 02:06 AM.

Comment

" I believe that when the stabilizing effects of precipitation systems are better understood and included into the models, predictions of global warming will be scaled back.

Despite current inadequacies, climate models are still our best tools for forecasting global warming. Those tools just aren't sharp enough yet. "
        Dr.Roy Spencer.
        This is the Dr Roy Spencer who is a creationist is it not? There seems to be a correlation between people who think that climate change is a hoax and people who think that intelligent design is a science.

Again.. My point is that there is a reasonable doubt.. for example Mars..and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn... Why are/were they all heating up at the same rate as Earth?? Why does that one always get swept under the rug.. ?? Are Earth Driven Co2 emissions warming up the WHOLE solar system??
        I'm confused: Are you in denial of all climate change or are you just of the opinion that it is not anthropogenic?

Besides did you read the whole of the article you submitted? Habibullo Abdussamatov was at odds with the vast majority of scientific opinion, and his conclusions ignored large amounts of evidence for the consesnus position at presented in the IPCC report. Furthermore the article and Abdussamatov's work referenced only warming on Mars. There is precious little scientific material on warming on Jupiter, Saturn or Neptune. One search I did led me to a site which began its article thus:

Man Made Global Warming is a Hoax!

Jupiter

A new storm and a new red spot on Jupiter hints at climate change, USA TODAY and dozens of other sources explained yesterday. The temperatures are expected to change by as much as 10 Fahrenheit degrees at different places of the globe. At least close to the new spot and to the equator, nothing less than global warming is expected.

New observations of Jupiter's climate change were released in 2008
        You had a dozen sources and the one you cite is USA Today? Seriously? What were the other sources? Hustler? Mad Magazine?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          This is the Dr Roy Spencer who is a creationist is it not? There seems to be a correlation between people who think that climate change is a hoax and people who think that intelligent design is a science.

I'm confused: Are you in denial of all climate change or are you just of the opinion that it is not anthropogenic?

Besides did you read the whole of the article you submitted? Habibullo Abdussamatov was at odds with the vast majority of scientific opinion, and his conclusions ignored large amounts of evidence for the consesnus position at presented in the IPCC report. Furthermore the article and Abdussamatov's work referenced only warming on Mars. There is precious little scientific material on warming on Jupiter, Saturn or Neptune. One search I did led me to a site which began its article thus:

You had a dozen sources and the one you cite is USA Today? Seriously? What were the other sources? Hustler? Mad Magazine?
          MANY MANY times I refer to "MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING" and argue temperature fluctuations are simply natural and cyclical..

AND the IPCC is not above error or corruption..
          It is a single source and Body FUNDED by the very Billions the "Global Warming" industry brings in.. I am sure they are going to conclude exactly what they are PAID to conclude...

and every single voice of opposition is discredited and smeared..

Stop telling me your precious IPCC is the only voice.. they are simply the best paid voice..

Funny how the catchphrase has now turned into "climate change"

What's wrong?? things cooling off a little.??

Still a reasonable doubt.. I am going to have to throw this case out soon for lack of evidence..
          Last edited by Welter_Skelter; 05-06-2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

AND the IPCC is not above error or corruption..
            It is a single source and Body FUNDED by the very Billions the "Global Warming" industry brings in.. I am sure they are going to conclude exactly what they are PAID to conclude...
            The IPCC reports are scientific documents containing scientific results. It really harms the credibility of your argument when you invoke conspiracy whenever you are confronted by evidence you have an ideological opposition to.

Comment

I have no idea what his( Dr Roy Spencer) religious beliefs are, and really its a non-issue. He is regarded as the best climatologist around.

Also so new news to sprout up lately. Somebody did an audit on these temperature sensors that these "brilliant" scientist are using to gather data. And they found a bunch that were right next to asphalt roads. I can't remember the number, but I distinctively remember the 66 that were mounted on asphalt and rubber roofs. And another amount that were mounted directly downwind from roof exhaust fans. Obviously these readings are distorted to read a higher than actual air temp. Its **** like this we all assume that they would be smart enough not to make these types of mistakes, but there you have it.
              In other news a memo, was leaked by some Environmental group saying to quite using global warming and use climate crisis. Also quite using "green jobs" and renaming them something patriotic. If the debate is over, why are the environmentalist changing the marketing campaign every couple of years?

Comment

I have no idea what his( Dr Roy Spencer) religious beliefs are,
                He considers creationism to be a scientific proposition, so it's not his religion, it's his adherence to the scientific method that this brings into question.

and really its a non-issue. He is regarded as the best climatologist around.
                By whom?

Also so new news to sprout up lately. Somebody did an audit on these temperature sensors that these "brilliant" scientist are using to gather data. And they found a bunch that were right next to asphalt roads. I can't remember the number, but I distinctively remember the 66 that were mounted on asphalt and rubber roofs. And another amount that were mounted directly downwind from roof exhaust fans. Obviously these readings are distorted to read a higher than actual air temp.
                Naturally you have a source for this bit of information, including the name of the "somebody" who did an audit.

In other news a memo, was leaked by some Environmental group saying to quite using global warming and use climate crisis.
                1. Source to back up claim
                2. Environmental groups are political, not scientific, so I'm not interested in them or their positions. My interest in climate change is scientific, not political.

Comment

If the debate is over, why are the environmentalist changing the marketing campaign every couple of years?
                  This scientific debate is over. The bull**** political debate rages on. Scientists are motivated by the latest knowledge, not by the majority opinion.

Comment

The IPCC reports are scientific documents containing scientific results. It really harms the credibility of your argument when you invoke conspiracy whenever you are confronted by evidence you have an ideological opposition to.
                    Do you believe that there is a conspiracy among the scientists that do not agree with man-made global warming to deny the scientific reality?

Comment

He considers creationism to be a scientific proposition, so it's not his religion, it's his adherence to the scientific method that this brings into question.

By whom?

Naturally you have a source for this bit of information, including the name of the "somebody" who did an audit.

1. Source to back up claim
                      2. Environmental groups are political, not scientific, so I'm not interested in them or their positions. My interest in climate change is scientific, not political.
                      The Senate was impressed with his resume, that's why they asked him to talk on the climate change sub committee.

Here's story with photos to show the placement of NOAA temperature stations. This post was in January, but I heard it on I want to say ABC radio news just this week. http://www.climateaudit.org/?p=2653

http://www.norcalblogs.com/watts/200...rature_17.html Don't know how old this one is but its part of 19 of ?? Like I said I just heard it on the news, I'm assuming these are the original sources of info.

Comment

Working...
                      X