Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: GODFATHER, which is the best pt 1, pt 2 or pt 3 ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: GODFATHER, which is the best pt 1, pt 2 or pt 3 ?

For me, pt 2 is slightly ahead of pt 1. Pacino looks more experienced in the second movie and is really into his role as the protector and head of the family. Also De Niro does an EXCELLENT job as a young Vito Corleone. and his rise to power from Sicily to America and back again.

Marlon Brandon however, in the first movie really carried the movie. Fantastic actor.. Cases can be made for both movies.

pt 3 is a very underrated movie IMO, while Sofia Coppola did a horrible job as Michael's daughter (a part originally meant for Winona Ryder but she got sick - Damn it.) Al Pacino and Andy Garcia really complimented each other and did a perfect job.
    Godfather pt 1 is the best
    34.15%
    Godfather pt 2 is the best
    58.54%
    Godfather pt 3 is the best
    7.32%

PT 3 shouldn't even be an option. It's awful compared to the first two. PT 2 is the best.

Comment

1 & 2 are the best but I like part 2 because it gives you a back story to the whole family. It highlights Pacino more too.

Comment

I like the second GF the best.

Comment

i cant really vote. 1 and 2 are my alltime favorite movies tied. i dunno its hard to tell. they are both masterpeices.

Comment

the 3rd shouldnt even be an option

Comment

The Godfather Epic is by far the best, but taken seperately the original is easily the best of the 3...

Comment

Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
                The Godfather Epic is by far the best, but taken seperately the original is easily the best of the 3...
                I don't know if I'd say 1 is easily better than 2.

Comment

Originally posted by QuCongee View Post
                  I don't know if I'd say 1 is easily better than 2.
                  I think it is for a few reasons:

1. Marlon Brando

2. James Caan

3. Scene where Pacino has the heads of the other 5 families killed.

4. All the best action takes place in NYC. Lake Tahoe scenes simply don't stack up.

5. Now in fairness to part 2, the scenes with DeNiro playing the young Vito are absolutely awesome. But it's not enough to put it past the original...

Comment

Part 2 Thanks to De Niro.

Comment

Working...
                    X