No announcement yet.

The Most Powerful Military Powers In The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fight game View Post
    lol like the same people america ****s with?
    Iraq was the strongest Arab nation before we went there. Y'all are picking on kids in the gaza strip. Israel CAN not move their army to another nation and secure it. The Israeli army has one role to defend its borders and its people thats it.

Comment

Tanks? Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Tanks? Sorry.

I came very close to joining the Navy a couple weeks ago.. I was hammered.

Comment

btw threadstarter missed south korea and japan.

japan doesn't have the personnel numbers but ALL their equipment is very modern and cutting edge.

their navy is one of the most powerful in the world.

south korea has both numbers and quality.

their air force has 600 plus modern american aircraft and their army is one of the most powerful. to put it in perspective , the have about 4 times as many k-1/k-1a1 tanks as britain has challenger 2 tanks. the k-1 was designed by general dynamics (same designer as the american m-1 abrams). their navy is also being modernized and growing. their new aegis destroyers are like the american aegis destroyers but on steroids.

Comment

Japan and Germany would easily have been in the top four if they were allowed to have nuclear weapons, and design what evere equipment they wanted. Do not forget These two nations have to follow rules set by America.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
              Iraq was the strongest Arab nation before we went there. Y'all are picking on kids in the gaza strip. Israel CAN not move their army to another nation and secure it. The Israeli army has one role to defend its borders and its people thats it.
              June 5, 1967 – the Six Day War: The destruction of the entire Egyptian air-force within three hours.

March, 1969 until August, 1970 – the War of Attrition: 111 enemy warplanes were shot-down in dogfights by IAF pilots while only four IAF warplanes were shot down in dogfights by enemy pilots

October 9, 1973 – the Yom Kippur War: The destruction of the Syrian General Staff in Damascus: On October 9, 1973, two F-4 Phantom quartets attacked and destroyed the Syrian General Staff Headquarters in the heart of Damascus.

June 8, 1982 – 1982 Lebanon War: The destruction of the entire Soviet supplied Syrian air-defence system in Lebanon within a few hours without a single warplane lost.

The IAF played a critical role in the 2006 Lebanon War by leading the Israeli attacks on Hezbollah. The IAF flew more than 12,000 combat missions during this war. The most notable mission, taking place during the second day of the war, resulted in the IAF destroying 59 Iranian-supplied medium- and long-range missile launchers in just 34 minutes
              and what does having troops sitting in other countries have to do with the air force?

Comment

south korean k-2 tank

south korean k-9 self propelled howitzers

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  btw threadstarter missed south korea and japan.
                  Overall, I think South Korea and Japan's military is good but what I mean when I say "notable contenders" is that you can substitute the "notable contenders" on the list. I'd definitely be able to list a combination of countries in the top five list before South Korea and Japan. If we're talking top 10 list, then I'd put them there.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    Russia would get F'd up very badly if they were to invade the US, but we do not have more Nukes than them. They have more nuclear war heads than us, but ours are by far the more sophisticated, and we have weapons that can counter all of theirs. But in all honesty the nuclear arms race was based more on prestige than military might, it only takes a few to destroy a entire country.
                    The number of nukes both nations America and Russia have is well over a couple of thousand, therefore the number is irrelevant.

There is an old saying that goes something like the Planet is covered to its head in gasoline, and lying within the planet is America with 5 matches, Russia with 4 matches, China with 3 matches, and Britain with 2.

The moral of the story is simple, it only takes 1 match.

Comment

Working...
                    X