No announcement yet.

South African "cure" for lesbians

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South African "cure" for lesbians

Here's an article from yahoo.com about a so-called "cure" for lesbians in South Africa:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/0...a_rape_lesbian

South African gangs use rape to "cure" lesbians

By Rebecca Harrison

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Gangs of South African men are raping lesbians in the belief it will "cure" the women's sexual orientation, an aid agency said Friday. NGO ActionAid said in a report titled "Hate Crimes: the rise of corrective rape in South Africa" lesbians were increasingly at risk of rape, particularly in South African townships where ****sexuality is largely taboo.

South Africa has one of the world's most progressive constitutions and became the first country in Africa to allow gay marriage in 2006, but ****sexuality is still widely frowned upon and same-sex unions are often decried as "un-African."

The brutal rape and murder last year of female soccer player Eudy Simelane, a lesbian, threw a spotlight on ****phobic violence, particularly toward women.

"We get insults every day, beatings if we walk alone, you are constantly reminded that you deserve to be raped," ActionAid quoted one lesbian as saying. "They yell, 'if I rape you then you will go straight, you will buy skirts and start to cook because you will have learnt how to be a real woman'."

One lesbian and gay support group told ActionAid it was dealing with 10 new cases of lesbians being targeted for what it called "corrective rape" every week in Cape Town alone.

Shocking stuff!

Originally posted by Gene Tunney View Post
    Here's an article from yahoo.com about a so-called "cure" for lesbians in South Africa:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/0...a_rape_lesbian

South African gangs use rape to "cure" lesbians

By Rebecca Harrison

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Gangs of South African men are raping lesbians in the belief it will "cure" the women's sexual orientation, an aid agency said Friday. NGO ActionAid said in a report titled "Hate Crimes: the rise of corrective rape in South Africa" lesbians were increasingly at risk of rape, particularly in South African townships where ****sexuality is largely taboo.

South Africa has one of the world's most progressive constitutions and became the first country in Africa to allow gay marriage in 2006, but ****sexuality is still widely frowned upon and same-sex unions are often decried as "un-African."

The brutal rape and murder last year of female soccer player Eudy Simelane, a lesbian, threw a spotlight on ****phobic violence, particularly toward women.

"We get insults every day, beatings if we walk alone, you are constantly reminded that you deserve to be raped," ActionAid quoted one lesbian as saying. "They yell, 'if I rape you then you will go straight, you will buy skirts and start to cook because you will have learnt how to be a real woman'."

One lesbian and gay support group told ActionAid it was dealing with 10 new cases of lesbians being targeted for what it called "corrective rape" every week in Cape Town alone.

Shocking stuff!
    I've got my plane ticket.

Comment

well ****, lets help the cause fellas
      gay certainly is'nt making the world go round

Comment

Comment

no surprise you are posting this gene!LOL! I'm actually going to south Africa,Namibia,Botswana,Zambia in July.I can't after reading got post to go there.I'm going to seal island to hunt seals.I need live bait to catch a great white shark.Im also going to be in a cage in the water.you should see how excited a great white gets in morning feeding time.poor little seal.oh well got have bait.maybe I can also catch some unsanction dogfighting or cockfighting as well in botswana.it's strange that human hunting goes on in cape town or lesbian hunting.I won't participate in that because I like lesbians & bisexual women.they are gentle & HOT!!! I know lots of bisexual women but I only know the story of Adam & eve & will never except Adam & Steve.

Comment

Africans dont rape lesbians, they rape anything they can get their hands on.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              no surprise you are posting this gene!LOL! I'm actually going to south Africa,Namibia,Botswana,Zambia in July.I can't after reading got post to go there.I'm going to seal island to hunt seals.I need live bait to catch a great white shark.Im also going to be in a cage in the water.you should see how excited a great white gets in morning feeding time.poor little seal.oh well got have bait.maybe I can also catch some unsanction dogfighting or cockfighting as well in botswana.it's strange that human hunting goes on in cape town or lesbian hunting.I won't participate in that because I like lesbians & bisexual women.they are gentle & HOT!!! I know lots of bisexual women but I only know the story of Adam & eve & will never except Adam & Steve.
              Do you even know what your getting into? Or are you paying a company to plan your trip and provide security?

Comment

I've already been to Egypt & north Africa.I've been in the redsea I didn't go too far south on the red sea thou(Somalian pirates).won't be going to Zimbabwe either.I'm crazy & maybe If I got time I'll hunt big game but that could be out of my price range.I'll make sure I got guides for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  I've already been to Egypt & north Africa.I've been in the redsea I didn't go too far south on the red sea thou(Somalian pirates).won't be going to Zimbabwe either.I'm crazy & maybe If I got time I'll hunt big game but that could be out of my price range.I'll make sure I got guides for sure.
                  Whats sad is you will be safer in the Jungle, then in the city with the people.

Comment

why they said the same thing to me about Mexico city,Cairo,.etc.have you ever been to cape town?I'm not racist,I don't flash my money,& try my best to communicate in there language.I've never had problems with the mexicans,or the Muslims.I even prayed to Allah in a mosque with Muslims.the white people I was with thought I was crazy & I am but I got along great with every Muslim in my area I was in during my stay in Egypt.I've been coast to coast in Mexico several times including all small towns,villages etc.I was even in an area they warned me of Mexican rebels in the jungle but it didn't stop me.I've also been to Guatemala,Honduras,Belize,holland, italy,Cuba,Egypt.I was 150miles from the gaza strip.my question for you darkstar is your warning from stories you read & heard or from experience of being there?

Comment

Working...
                    X