Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Cassel Traded to the Chiefs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall was arrested AGAIN. Goddamit. If denver gets Ray Lewis, then him and marshall can go around getting arrested; together. Too bad they dropped Travis Henry like he did for his 54665465897987987 kids or they could be a threesome.

Comment

I like the way Bellicheck gets ridiculed as all get out for his cheating and doing anything to win a game, but then he makes a trade and people think he's helping his buddy out. Doesn't make sense. He hasn't done any other special favors for other guys why would he do it now? Anyways he parlayed a seventh round pick in Cassel into a 2nd round pick, which the Pats can do some damage with. They already had a QB and by all acounts Brady is on his way back. They were going to lose Cassel eventually because he wants to start and why not at least get something for him instead of nothing. Also who do the Chiefs really have that would benefit the Patriots, it's better they take a draft pick so they can pick the player they want. Nothing really shady about this, it's just the Bellicheck haters finding something and running with it.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
        Looks like Belichek gave Pioli a reach around on this one. A second round pick for Cassel and Vrabel? What a nice deal for KC.

Dwayne Bowe and Tony Gonzalez are certainly very happy.
        Agreed. Whether you like Cassel or not, you have to believe that New England could have done better than a 2nd round pick for those 2 guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
          Agreed. Whether you like Cassel or not, you have to believe that New England could have done better than a 2nd round pick for those 2 guys.
          Yep, They were all set to get a 1st round pick for him through Detroit, then Detroit was going to trade Cassel for Cutler. Same thing Tampa was trying to get done. Then Belichick pulled the rug out at the last minute, and leaks to the press. I think it was more of a revenge move on McDaniels rather than helping out Pioli.

Comment

Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
            exactly I don't know how anyone can not question the pats or josh mcdaniels in their recent moves. Matt cassel is FUKEN ass!!!! Incufan could Cassell have lead the broncos to the record jay did this year???? I don't think so. Cutler had more td's than cassel and threw for almost 1,000 more yds than cassell. It's pathtic how people can give cassel so much credit for one fuken year in a fuken qb friendly system of 5-10yd throws fuken pathetic!!!!! Jay cutler IS A PROVEN good qb! FIxing mistakes is ALOT EASIER than making up raw talent!!!! Cassel is no where near cutlers level! Incufan what makes you think jay cant run this easy qb friendly system? YOu think he doesn't know how to read defenses? YOu think he can't throw 5-10 yd passses to wide open wr's? Most of cutlers Int's came when he tried to FORCE SOMETHING, not on bad decisions reading the coverage, he always finds and hits the open guys. And alot of his Int's had to do with the defense sucking ass and always being down big and forced the offense to play catch up. and two he HAD NO FUKEN RB'S!!! all the defense had to do was key on cutler!!!!!!! running was not a threat so forcing cutler into bad plays was not that hard! Cassel is fools good! This trade would have been one of the stupidest ever in denver history!! Put both qb's in free agency and see which qb a team Perseus harder. incufan I never said ya was a superstar but he's damn near close and he's alot better than cassel!!! Cassel is unproven! one year wonder! and you will see that in KC....WATCH!!! how many times have you seen a player do good one year and completely suck ass after that year? Unless your're a top notch player it happens all the time, KC should know that, whatever happend to Dante Hall???? I don't know how bronco fans can feel ok with this stupid trade Idea. It's like the vikings hiring turner then feeling it would be better to trade sproles for Peterson, because sproles had a good year filling in for lt and he knows turners offense better than peterson. It's stupid!

Comment

Matt Cassel= Scott Mitchell

For those of you old enough to remember Scott Mitchell youve seen what Im talking about. But in the 1993 season Dan Marino Tore his Achilles Tendon, and his replacement was a tall Lefty named Scott Mitchell. Well as history would have it Mitchell went in and performed at an ace(almost Marino like level), and like cassel was a very highly coveted QB the next season. Well Scott ended up in Detroit and aside from a few big plays to Herman morre and brett perrimen Mitchell was downright average. Not bad but average to OK at best. So all I can say is be careful what you wish for McD because with Jay you Already have green grass on your lawn. If it isnt broke dont fix it, let alone downgrade it.

Comment

Originally posted by roheleo View Post
                Matt Cassel= Scott Mitchell

I made this exact same statement on the first page of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  I made this exact same statement on the first page of the thread.
                  Sorry I missed it, but he's a prime example why you NEVER, give up so much for a one year wonder.

Comment

Working...
                  X