Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I *might* have made a mistake voting for Obama.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
      Take away the light, and there will be no light.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladimir303 View Post
        Da1citas, show me a source where he says he will ban guns or whatever it is you're saying. Last time I heard, he addressed this and said he supports the 2nd amendment - the right of the people to keep and bear Arms.

Thanks in advance
        He doesnt have the authority to do so and a complete gun ban would never pass anyways.

They are freaking out at the chance that maybe assualt weapons would be banned again since there is a democrat president and democrats control congress again. That is the farthest it would go is re-enacting the Clinton era bans.

Even if they did do that, they would still be able to keep all the assault weapons they bought pre-ban. These people go absolutely ape **** over this stuff and act like the military is going to go door to door searching houses for handguns.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
          He doesnt have the authority to do so and a complete gun ban would never pass anyways.

They are freaking out at the chance that maybe assualt weapons would be banned again since there is a democrat president and democrats control congress again. That is the farthest it would go is re-enacting the Clinton era bans.

Even if they did do that, they would still be able to keep all the assault weapons they bought pre-ban. These people go absolutely ape **** over this stuff and act like the military is going to go door to door searching houses for handguns.

obama said he's making a private army for himself.

Comment

Sen. Inhofe: Stimulus Bill a Giant Welfare Package

Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:44 AM
            Who cares what Republican Jim Inhofe says.

How laughable it is, that now that there is a democrat as president, the republican congressmen want to talk about fiscal responsibility??

They oversaw the biggest expansion in government debt in history, and didn't say a single word. Now Obama talks about implementing healthcare reform, and rebuilding the country's infrastructure...and they remebered their "conservative principles".

In previous years under the former spender in chief, the costs associated with the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and related things were NOT presented in the budget, and thus, their "projected deficits" were always, purposely underestimated.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladimir303 View Post
              Who cares what Republican Jim Inhofe says.

How laughable it is, that now that there is a democrat as president, the republican congressmen want to talk about fiscal responsibility??

They oversaw the biggest expansion in government debt in history, and didn't say a single word. Now Obama talks about implementing healthcare reform, and rebuilding the country's infrastructure...and they remebered their "conservative principles".

In previous years under the former spender in chief, the costs associated with the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and related things were NOT presented in the budget, and thus, their "projected deficits" were always, purposely underestimated.
              ......The bottom line is that his "welfare plan" sucks. The middle income folks will end up paying higher taxes in the end. The numbers don't add up and they don't hold up over the long haul. Spending on programs that don't stimulate the economy makes little to no sense. So you like this plan and think it's going to work? You like the idea of socialized medicine at the expense of medicare and medicaid?

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
                I'm looking at some of the things he's doing ... especially with the bans he's trying to impose which will only go until its completely banned.

A ban to a limit is a ban until its finished completely.

For someone reason... it sorta scares me to think of no one being able to have guns at all because the government says so.

Sorry if this makes someone mad.. just felt like saying it.

and the robin hood act seems exactly like i said. an act.

Sorry i don't have a billion facts like some of you guys.. but I'm gettin this feeling everytime he talks. and the federal reserve...

can someone completely explain that to me?

Exactly where does the money come from?..amount of Gold a country has determines what?
                Simply put, its borrowed. We are basically living using one credit card to pay off another.

You could spend a million dollars a day since the day Jesus was born, and you still wouldn't have spent as much money as Obama has spent in his first 5 weeks.

They try and rationalize the spending with shady future income predictions, which are just guesses. If you look at his budget proposal, it basically counts on quadrupling tax revenues....

The deficit for this year alone is predicted to be 1.75 TRILLION Dollars. That means that for every man woman and child in the country, Barrack Obama is spending $4487 MORE than he has.

These are not small numbers. People talk about a balanced budget, this isn't even close, not even a little.

We got into this mess because Americans were spending money they don't have. Barrack wants to get us out of the mess by doing what got us into it.

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
                  ......The bottom line is that his "welfare plan" sucks. The middle income folks will end up paying higher taxes in the end. The numbers don't add up and they don't hold up over the long haul. Spending on programs that don't stimulate the economy makes little to no sense. So you like this plan and think it's going to work? You like the idea of socialized medicine at the expense of medicare and medicaid?
                  My favorite part was his way of not raising taxes. Im not going to raise taxes, but you are still going to pay more because I am going to severely reduce the deductions you can take.

Basically, hes not going to raise your taxes, hes just going to keep your refund.

Comment

Originally posted by *~*MalVada*~* View Post
                    you're not seriously saying that you have a better country cause you have a ban on guns? A ban on guns is a way to come in an have martial law and you can't do **** about it, putting you in camps (yes like the nazi's) etc. It it certainly doesn't mean you can't get a gun, if a criminal wants something he's going to get it.

I mean just look at canada, people killing with knives, cutting off their heads, etc.. what shows more animalistic behavior, 5 gun shot wounds or someone stabbing a person 20 times then cutting their head off and showing it to people?
                    Those examples are very rare exceptions in Canada. Look at crime statistics per capita here. The US and Canada are not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBDS View Post
                      ......The bottom line is that his "welfare plan" sucks. The middle income folks will end up paying higher taxes in the end. ?
                      That's remains to be determinded and is all speculation.

The bottomline is, the republican's word doesn't mean alot these days. There is a reason why they got voted out the congress and are now the minority.

You're a feisty one anyway, as I remember you leading up to the Election.....Plus the red karmas. A partisan republican at it's truest form. You wouldn't give Obama credit if he turned around and did exactly what the GOP wanted him to do.

That's how Sean Hannity-esque you really are.
                      Last edited by Vladimir303; 02-27-2009, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X