Atheists:Does this song offend you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
    My favorite bible school song went something like this:

Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so.

I don't remember the rest.

The last time I went to church probably 13 years ago they played this annoying ****ing song that went...

Our god is an awesome god he reigns in heaven above..

Made me cringe.
    You know christian rock music is the most lyrically ******ed genre. Every single song is called something like "Lord Jesus you're so top banana that I wonk even masturbate to the Sears catalogue". Even gangsta rap explores bitches AND guns.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      You know christian rock music is the most lyrically ******ed genre. Every single song is called something like "Lord Jesus you're so top banana that I wonk even masturbate to the Sears catalogue". Even gangsta rap explores bitches AND guns.
      LOL

I cannot disagree. But I think the lousy music is due to the general deterioration of music in general (see Music Now and Future thread). The catholic hymns of the 60s were actually quite lyrical and beautiful.

And you have to admit that Christianity inspired some of the greatest music the world has ever known (Handel's Messiah, assorted masterworks by Bach, Faure, etc. , ancient carols like O holy night, o come all ye faithful.. right up to Jesus Christ Superstar.The list is endless!)

Comment

Originally posted by Knighte View Post
        LOL

I cannot disagree. But I think the lousy music is due to the general deterioration of music in general (see Music Now and Future thread). The catholic hymns of the 60s were actually quite lyrical and beautiful.

And you have to admit that Christianity inspired some of the greatest music the world has ever known (Handel's Messiah, assorted masterworks by Bach, Faure, etc. , ancient carols like O holy night, o come all ye faithful.. right up to Jesus Christ Superstar.The list is endless!)
        True there are some really good christian songs. Especially the ones with the killings in them like Onward Christian Soldiers, or the ones that are racist like Jerusalem. But Christian Rock is just so insipid.

Comment

How on Earth could somebody be offended by a song that was made because of a personal tragedy? Atheism is just the belief that there is no God, it is not psychologically viable that someone would find something that they merely don't believe in to be offensive. At worst they would find it naive and possibly a bit annoying. Even people who don't believe in God will find songs like this very touching. I personally like the song by Joan Osborne as well [ I posted it here last night].

Some of you are taking this stuff too far when simple common sense is all that is needed.

Comment

Hey I am a man that has been through some **** in my life......

People that I have known have died and I have thought these same exact questions.......

This song really makes me want to cry.... I have heard the song but didnt know the meaning and didnt really pay attention to the words.....

Seeing him sing it and the words made my eyes watery.....

I have thought those same questions....... Damn....

Comment

Damn.....

This song brought back memories that I locked away deep inside that I dont like to think of......

Damn...... I really want to let out, but I cant, I have some friends come over......

I'm sure I will not be able to sleep tonight...... I want to cry just typing this.....

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
                How on Earth could somebody be offended by a song that was made because of a personal tragedy? Atheism is just the belief that there is no God, it is not psychologically viable that someone would find something that they merely don't believe in to be offensive. At worst they would find it naive and possibly a bit annoying. Even people who don't believe in God will find songs like this very touching. I personally like the song by Joan Osborne as well [ I posted it here last night].

Some of you are taking this stuff too far when simple common sense is all that is needed.
                I hate that Joan Osborne song. She's a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Ron View Post

Maybe the most beautiful song ever created. Does Eric talking about seeing his son in heaven make you shake with anger?
                  I love this song. shows how much a father cares for his kid. but you sound like a ******ed *******. I believe that religion has its purpose, and the purpose here is for Clapton to get over the death of his son. If believing in heaven help him in his troubled times, then i support it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X