No announcement yet.

Huge days ahead in college football

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
    i don't know if i could bring myself to watch a single game next year if that happened. oh wait, they'll probably all be blacked out anyway. bunch of poor bastards living in michigan right now.
    lions have become the worst franchise in football..... even the cardinal did something... the browns went 10-6 a season ago and the lions havent done **** in 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
      Take Andre Smith, move Backus' soft ass to guard, the O-line is automatically twice as good as it was last year.
      The ideal situation for the Lions would be this.

1. Take Andre Smith with the #1 pick.
      2. Take Duke Robinson with the #15 pick.

This takes their offensive line from a liability to a strength in one fell swoop. Now they have the #1 pick in the second round and they could do one of several things.

1. Everette Brown or Aaron Maybin and add a bonafide pass rusher something they desperately need.
      2. Chase Coffmen- A future star as a tight end and on of few offensive players who are guranteed to make an impact.
      3. Mark Sanchez- He will most likely be there and with 2 3rd rounders coming up..........

In the 3rd round I would love to see them get

1. Terrence Taylor
      2. Derek Williams

Comment

Originally posted by The Fix View Post
        julio jones for heisman
        He'll be in the mix. I also think he's going to tear it up in the NFL...

Comment

Well it's official. Sp!kes is staying with Tebow in Florida. Harvin is going pro. I'm a little disappointed, but not entirely surprised...

Comment

Just because the SEC gets top recruiting classes doesn't mean jack. Recruiting class numbers have very little to do with team success. Michigan and Notre Dame(as of late) always have top 10 classes and haven't done well as of late on the field. Ohio State will have another top 5 class and possibly the top class this year and what has that got em'.

Comment

taylor mays and cj gable are staying..sanchez is going pro...time to see if mitch mustain can take the job from adam corp...

Comment

Also I would like to add that the difference between recruiting class top 1 compared to the 20th best class is so minuscule. Thats why its so hard to win in college football when you are a premier school. You may have a great class but their are 20 other programs with just as much talent as you. It comes down to getting breaks, good coaching, and politics.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Ron View Post
                  Just because the SEC gets top recruiting classes doesn't mean jack. Recruiting class numbers have very little to do with team success. Michigan and Notre Dame(as of late) always have top 10 classes and haven't done well as of late on the field. Ohio State will have another top 5 class and possibly the top class this year and what has that got em'.
                  It's gotten them in a BCS Bowl game every year for like 8 of the last 10 years and 3 championship games and 1 title. I give Peebs a hard time, but OSU is one of the top 5 or 6 teams of the decade.

Recruiting matters A LOT. Sure a ****ty coach can **** up the best recruiting. Example: Phillip Fulmer. But when you have a great coach with great recruits you will have great success unless you have bad luck with injuries or something...
                  Last edited by SonnyG8R; 01-15-2009, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
                    It's gotten them in a BCS Bowl game every year for like 8 of the last 10 years and 3 championship games and 1 title.

Recruiting matters A LOT. Sure a ****ty coach can **** up the best recruiting. Example: Ron Zook. But when you have a great coach with great recruits you will have great success unless you have bad luck with injuries or something...
                    To be good you do need great recruiting but like I said all the top programs recruit well and from the same crop of kids(everyone fights for kids from Ohio, Florida, Texas, and California). To get to the next level though and win a NC I think its more about breaks and coaches that puts a team above the rest. For an example I have some OSU friends(yeah its sad) and right now the major recruiting sites have them as the number 1 class and Michigan at 8 and they try to rub it in. The difference between 1 and 10 in recruiting isn't that much difference. OSU has been kicking our ass because Tressel was a better coach than Carr, not really the talent.
                    Last edited by Check; 01-15-2009, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X