No announcement yet.

Huge days ahead in college football

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge days ahead in college football

Underclassmen must delare for the nfl draft by tomorrow. For the first time EVER the top 3 in the Heisman race are all returning, Bradford, McCoy and Tebow. In addition it looks like Oklahoma tight end Jermaine Gresham, offensive lineman Trent Williams and Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy have also decided not to enter the draft early. Now we have to wait and see what Florida's Percy Harvin and Brandon Sp!kes decide to do. Could we be looking at a rematch of the national championship again next year? Maybe, but what is even more likely is that Bradford, McCoy and Tebow will be in another close race for the Heisman. Will McCoy finally win his trophy, or will we see only the second 2 time Heisman winner?

And then February 4th we have another huge day as it is National signing day for recruits. Now we all know that the SEC is by far the best conference in the nation but do you ever wonder why? Well there are a lot of reasons: best talent base, best coaching, more passion and intense college football culture than anywhere else in the nation, but it all starts with recruiting. And once again the SEC is on track to place 9 or 10 teams in the nations top 25 recruiting classes.

I bet one of those three heisman boys suffer a major injury next year because of that.

Comment

Im not really a fan of the Gators Syd, but I don't totally hate them. I have to say though it looks like they are gonna be near the top for quite some time now. Florida is possibly the best place for recruits and it seems like Florida is gonna continually get a lot of the best kids there because of their sucess. They could live off Florida recruits alone, but they will also probably get some of the other great recruits that reside in the south.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
        I bet one of those three heisman boys suffer a major injury next year because of that.

As a college football fan I am happy when great players decide to stay in school, but Bradford is really risking a lot here. Even with the players who are returning they are losing most of that great O-line that prtected him all season. He will almost certainly not reach the same numbers as this season and his draft status has nowhere to go but down. Plus he could get injured. If he entered the draft he would be a top 5 pick for sure. That's a lot to risk for an unlikely title in 2009...

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
          Im not really a fan of the Gators Syd, but I don't totally hate them. I have to say though it looks like they are gonna be near the top for quite some time now. Florida is possibly the best place for recruits and it seems like Florida is gonna continually get a lot of the best kids there because of their sucess. They could live off Florida recruits alone, but they will also probably get some of the other great recruits that reside in the south.
          No doubt. As long as Meyer stays the Gators will be at or near the top. Makes me wonder how long it will be before the NFL comes calling. On the other hand his spread offense is not a pro set, so maybe we're safe.

Comment

I wasn't surprised about Tebow coming back. I was more then a little when I heard about Bradford, though.
            I think you are right, Syd. 2009 is going to be bonkers.....

Comment

Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
              As a college football fan I am happy when great players decide to stay in school, but Bradford is really risking a lot here. Even with the players who are returning they are losing most of that great O-line that prtected him all season. He will almost certainly not reach the same numbers as this season and his draft status has nowhere to go but down. Plus he could get injured. If he entered the draft he would be a top 5 pick for sure. That's a lot to risk for an unlikely title in 2009...
              You gotta admire his fire, though.

I still say Oklahoma should've took that field goal on 4th down.

It would've changed the complexion of the game.

Instead of being down 10 late, they would've been down 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
                No doubt. As long as Meyer stays the Gators will be at or near the top. Makes me wonder how long it will be before the NFL comes calling. On the other hand his spread offense is not a pro set, so maybe we're safe.
                Yeah I think your safe. The college to pro coaches only a few have worked. Plus your right about the spread. Even though their were some including myself that didn't think that offense would work in the SEC. I was wrong about that. Plus he might as well stay, it's a good job and like we've been talking about the recruits are gonna be flowing in. He's gonna have big time job security.

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
                They need to cap how much money draft picks can get, moreso that they do now. They need to increase the veteran minimum and figure out more ways to get the money to players who have paid their dues in the league.
                Since Bradford didn't go pro could the Chiefs take Sanchez if the Lions take Stafford. That might play out, but who knows since their is still combines and all that stuff left. I honestly would kind of like the Chiefs if they got him, not really like them, but root for them when their not playing the Broncos. I know you don't like him. but I gotta root for a fellow mexican-american brother. We don't have much in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                  Yeah I think your safe. The college to pro coaches only a few have worked. Plus your right about the spread. Even though their were some including myself that didn't think that offense would work in the SEC. I was wrong about that. Plus he might as well stay, it's a good job and like we've been talking about the recruits are gonna be flowing in. He's gonna have big time job security.

Since Bradford didn't go pro could the Chiefs take Sanchez if the Lions take Stafford. That might play out, but who knows since their is still combines and all that stuff left. I honestly would kind of like the Chiefs if they got him, not really like them, but root for them when their not playing the Broncos. I know you don't like him. but I gotta root for a fellow mexican-american brother. We don't have much in the NFL.
                  You do have this guy, Incu.....

One of the best to ever do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X