Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It really toots my horn that Israel is bombing the **** out of Hamas strongholds.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
    Cool I'll check those out. I did some investing since back when we were talking about this **** 9 months ago.....and lost a few bucks at this point but I only have one big regret. I'm just thinking of taking advantage of some low prices in alot of areas and was wondering your input on a turnaround....you think it's gonna get worse this coming year huh? I mean obvioulsy it will in many sectors but there has to be some bright spots.....I'd like to take advantage since life happens to be treating me fairly well in recession.....
    If you have money to spare, now is a great time to buy. Even if the market is turbulent for the next few years it will eventually come back, and prices today really are great deals in the long run.

Just make sure you are not trying to work any speculative plays in this market. You want some solid companies with a solid track record in a solid industry.

I bought some FWLT at $32 its at $23 today. I don't regret the purchase at all. I'd say anywhere under $40 is a steal.

I was all hot and bothered about FWLT when it was in the $70's and $80's

Compare it to JEC which is one of their competitors (My dad is actually an exec there) which was trading at around the same price as FWLT but is now at $44

That price difference is not because JEC is doing better than FWLT, its because FWLT use to be the underperformer of the sector, but they restructured, and are now as good as any company out there.

Traders still remember the bad though so their stock price has been hit harder than the historical stronger companies like JEC.

The demand for infrastructure is not going anywhere either, so this industry will continue to thrive. Maybe not in the next couple years, but as soon as the world economy even begins to recover, these companies will bounce back quite quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
      Cool I'll check those out. I did some investing since back when we were talking about this **** 9 months ago.....and lost a few bucks at this point but I only have one big regret. I'm just thinking of taking advantage of some low prices in alot of areas and was wondering your input on a turnaround....you think it's gonna get worse this coming year huh? I mean obvioulsy it will in many sectors but there has to be some bright spots.....I'd like to take advantage since life happens to be treating me fairly well in recession.....
      Also, the general recession proof stocks are companies like PG who own Colgate. People don't stop buying toothpaste no matter how hard times get.

Companies with sustainable dividends in sectors that wont shrink like agriculture, which is where my TNH play come in. High dividend yield, recession proof industry.

But if you are putting in fresh cash that you can afford to sit on, Id really start researching some of the more stable infrastructure plays.

But always remember, make sure you are diversified. Put yourself into no less than 3 different sectors.

Comment

• Israel violates over 250+ UN Resolutions.
        It blockaded Gaza, stoping Basic supplies getting in, such as Food, Water, fuel, Electricity etc.

If you blame Hamas for this you are an idiot. Sooner or later you are going to get someone who reacts if they are treated like Sub-Humans. There is only one guily party in this case, and that is Israel. It's using disproportionate force, collective punishment and has already closed down hospitals.

Shame on anyone who supports this Rogue State. I mean many prominent Rabbis have spoken out against Israel and it's activities.

'nuff said

Comment

• Originally posted by minion View Post
          Israel violates over 250+ UN Resolutions.
          It blockaded Gaza, stoping Basic supplies getting in, such as Food, Water, fuel, Electricity etc.

If you blame Hamas for this you are an idiot. Sooner or later you are going to get someone who reacts if they are treated like Sub-Humans. There is only one guily party in this case, and that is Israel. It's using disproportionate force, collective punishment and has already closed down hospitals.

Shame on anyone who supports this Rogue State. I mean many prominent Rabbis have spoken out against Israel and it's activities.

'nuff said
          Originally posted by Tunney
          Good post!

Thank God not everyone is an ignorant redneck like Mizzou.

Rogue state? So Israel has no right to existance and you agree with this, yet we are the ignorant rednecks?

Guess what people, these wars have been happening for thousands of years between Jews and Arabs and they will continue. I don't hear any pity for Jews when they were kicked out of there land time and time again.......

Hammas is firing rockets into civilian areas, what is Israel supposed to do? Allow this to continue? I wonder how Russia, China or Iran would react if they were begin fired upon.....

The notion that you would call Israel a "ROGUE" nation says it all, your hatred for the Jews is apparant and nothing will change. They will defend themselves as they have that right.

Comment

• Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
            Rogue state? So Israel has no right to existance and you agree with this, yet we are the ignorant rednecks?

Guess what people, these wars have been happening for thousands of years between Jews and Arabs and they will continue. I don't hear any pity for Jews when they were kicked out of there land time and time again.......

Hammas is firing rockets into civilian areas, what is Israel supposed to do? Allow this to continue? I wonder how Russia, China or Iran would react if they were begin fired upon.....

The notion that you would call Israel a "ROGUE" nation says it all, your hatred for the Jews is apparant and nothing will change. They will defend themselves as they have that right.
            I never said Israel has no right to exist. Try reading what i said.
            My "Hatred" for jews?

I have no hatred for anyone. Prejudice is the first sign of ignorance and stupidity.

Fact is Rabbi's themselves have exposed Israel, it violates Intl. Law and has commited countless War-Crimes. It's military occupation of several countries results it in a Rogue State. Try learning a thing or two mate.

If i state facts, it may be im telling the truth, not be a hater

Comment

• Originally posted by Tunney
              You only see one side of it, and you're not really interested in the facts.

The media seems to have you brainwashed into hating Arabs. You are unable to understand the suffering these people are going through. Israel, in violation of international law, has been depriving the Gaza residents of basic necessities over the past six months, preventing food and medicine from entering Gaza.

You seem to forget Palestinians are human beings, and not so different from yourself as you believe them to be.
              Exactly, but when a someone does a human reaction i.e. Fight Back! It's time to bomb them ALL

Comment

• Originally posted by minion View Post
                I never said Israel has no right to exist. Try reading what i said.
                My "Hatred" for jews?

I have no hatred for anyone. Prejudice is the first sign of ignorance and stupidity.

Fact is Rabbi's themselves have exposed Israel, it violates Intl. Law and has commited countless War-Crimes. It's military occupation of several countries results it in a Rogue State. Try learning a thing or two mate.

If i state facts, it may be im telling the truth, not be a hater
                When you call Israel a "rogue" state, it means you are implying they have no right to exist. You can paint it any other way you would like but that's the bottom line.

Originally posted by Tunney
                You only see one side of it, and you're not really interested in the facts.

The media seems to have you brainwashed into hating Arabs. You are unable to understand the suffering these people are going through. Israel, in violation of international law, has been depriving the Gaza residents of basic necessities over the past six months, preventing food and medicine from entering Gaza.

You seem to forget Palestinians are human beings, and not so different from yourself as you believe them to be.
                The media hasn't brainwashed ****, if you read the very first post I made on this subject you will see I do nothing BUT sympathyse with anyone who is suffering but you won't look at the facts. Arabs have rejected peace time and time again. Agreeing to something, then taking it back at the last minute.

Arabs don't want anything less than the destruction of Israel. Anything less would be viewed as weakness and not in the interest of their people and their religion.

The fact is, almost every border today was created because someone took something from someone else. I'm not justifying it, I'm just saying if Israel is a rogue state then so is almost every country in the world because someone else was conquered, kicked out or killed to gain that piece of land.

Hammas is to blaim, the don't want peace and they fire rockets into Israel so the world will bestow pity on the civilians getting killed in retaliation and then the world will turn on Israel. Well guess what, Israel is fed up and I can't say I blaim them.

Would I like to see the violence stop, of course. I don't want to see anyone killed but what do you propose Israel do? Allow it's citizens to keep getting killed by mortar and rocket attacks?

Comment

• Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post

Cuaught...you're making some good points also but you can't imply anyone who disagrees with Israel's side of the story as their "hatred for Jews" and labeling them antisemitic. I'm sure are many people who disagree with Israel being a nation but not all are antisemitic. This reminds me of the Obama campaign when any white person going against Obama would be labeled a racist. That's not always the case. If you look at both sides of the story, it's not hard to realize that both Hamas and Israel are at fault by killing civilians but much more Palestinians have been killed than Israelis. Remember, Israel has an actual military equipped with technologically advanced weapons. Hamas is nothing more than an under equipped government when being compared to Israel. Sure they have IED's, anti-tank rockets and RPG-7's but Israel's weaponry is vast, big and much more advanced. Not to say that Hamas has not been causing trouble but Israel IMO is expected to be more responsible as they are an actual sovereign nation (except for the Arab nations who don't recognize her).

If you put yourself in the Palestinian's shoes and you have someone come from another nation and claim a land that they say is theirs when you've been living in it for so many years and than kick you out, I think you'd feel at least a bit of frustration. As I've said I only see this ending if Israel is a two party run state giving both Israel and Palestine the right to lead the nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
                    Cuaught...you're making some good points also but you can't imply anyone who disagrees with Israel's side of the story as their "hatred for Jews" and labeling them antisemitic. I'm sure are many people who disagree with Israel being a nation but not all are antisemitic. This reminds me of the Obama campaign when any white person going against Obama would be labeled a racist. That's not always the case. If you look at both sides of the story, it's not hard to realize that both Hamas and Israel are at fault by killing civilians but much more Palestinians have been killed than Israelis. Remember, Israel has an actual military equipped with technologically advanced weapons. Hamas is nothing more than an under equipped government when being compared to Israel. Sure they have IED's, anti-tank rockets and RPG-7's but Israel's weaponry is vast, big and much more advanced. Not to say that Hamas has not been causing trouble but Israel IMO is expected to be more responsible as they are an actual sovereign nation (except for the Arab nations who don't recognize her).

If you put yourself in the Palestinian's shoes and you have someone come from another nation and claim a land that they say is theirs when you've been living in it for so many years and than kick you out, I think you'd feel at least a bit of frustration. As I've said I only see this ending if Israel is a two party run state giving both Israel and Palestine the right to lead the nation.
                    Bro, I get that. This is coming from someone who's descendants were stripped of their land and are now labeled as "aliens" in the U.S The fact is though, if you call Israel a "ROGUE" nation, means that you don't believe they should have a right to exist or are doing so illegally, so how can you not call that hate?

I don't want to see anyone die, I don't want to see anyone suffer. I have seen enough of that in my life, believe me when I tell you this. The fact is though, that Israel is a nation that is recognized by the vast majority of the nations in the world. The only people who don't recognize them are Arabs who live in the region and had their ego's bruised because they allowed this to happen.

Israel time and time again has tried to set peace treaty's, stop fire agreements and even gave up land that they could have just said "Fuk you it's ours". I mean, I don't see the U.S giving Mexico any land back or giving the natives anything more that small reservations that are scattered in some states.

The geography of the world has changed a million times over by wars time and time again. All of a sudden, this is an illegal occupation of a land that Jews have just as much rights to as Arabs......?!?!?! I fyou ask me, Israel has been very leaniant of it's Arab neighbors. Think about the Golden Dome that appears above the Temple Mount, I wonder what Arabs would do if they were in control of Jerusalem? I guarantee you they would have destroyed the Temple Mount, never to see it again.

I mean if you want to argue the point we will be here all day and it will have to go back literally thousands of years.

The fact is, Israel is in power now. They are a sovereign nation and have not only the right but the duty to protect themselves from any foreign invader or terrorists that are mindlessly bombing it's citizens.

Nobody has answered the basic question of what should Israel do? When there were 6 million Jews being massacred in WWII, people remembered it as the biggest travesty ever to happen to mankind. Now 80 years later, people have forgotten and even joke about it because they have no idea what those people went through.

Don't tell the Jews about suffering, they have a monopoly on the subject.....
                    Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 12-30-2008, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X