No announcement yet.

Black Hebrews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !!! Beowulf !!! View Post
    They're just nutters, black supremacist nutters. Not Jews at all.
    You are right. I looked into it and here is what I found:

group was founded in Chicago by a former steel worker named Ben Carter, who was given the name Ben Ammi Ben-Israel upon joining the Hebrew Israelite community in Chicago. Denouncing the name Ben Carter and calling it his "slave name," Ben Ammi states he had a "vision," in which the Archangel Gabriel revealed to him that African Americans were descended from the "lost tribe of Judah," claiming that they descended from Jews that after being expelled from Jerusalem and migrating for a thousand years ended up in West Africa and were later transported to America as slaves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Afr...s_of_Jerusalem

pretty funny if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
      You are right. I looked into it and here is what I found:

group was founded in Chicago by a former steel worker named Ben Carter, who was given the name Ben Ammi Ben-Israel upon joining the Hebrew Israelite community in Chicago. Denouncing the name Ben Carter and calling it his "slave name," Ben Ammi states he had a "vision," in which the Archangel Gabriel revealed to him that African Americans were descended from the "lost tribe of Judah," claiming that they descended from Jews that after being expelled from Jerusalem and migrating for a thousand years ended up in West Africa and were later transported to America as slaves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Afr...s_of_Jerusalem

pretty funny if you ask me.

I suppose it's the African American cultural inferiority complex making them reach for loftier titles and a mythical origin. Sad really as the civil rights struggle is a dignified, powerful piece of recent history that they have as their own.

Greater success for black Americans will put an end to all these Nation of Islam/Black Hebrews/Pan-Africans.

Comment

Originally posted by !!! Beowulf !!! View Post
        I suppose it's the African American cultural inferiority complex making them reach for loftier titles and a mythical origin. Sad really as the civil rights struggle is a dignified, powerful piece of recent history that they have as their own.

Greater success for black Americans will put an end to all these Nation of Islam/Black Hebrews/Pan-Africans.
        This religious cult is a very small minority here in the states.
        not many of them...

Comment

Working...
        X