Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$700 billion bailout bill just got rejected!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sho-Nuff View Post
    The government got us in this mess, now they act like they can get us out. How typical. Back in 2004 and 2005 it was brought to Congress's attention that Freddie and Fannie needed oversight and were in deep trouble leading to an economic disaster. Republicans brought this up, including John McCain.
    Chris Dodd and Barney Frank and Maxine Watters all said Freddie and Fannie were Fine and doing great things. Also they accused the republicans of "political lynching of Franklin Rains" sp?
    Now don't get me wrong I think Bush's 700 billion bailout was complete and utter bull****. If we have to have the biggest transfer of our economy in history take place, why not wait until they can get a decent bill put together?
    They all already putting pork into special interest groups like acorn when the notes matured. WTF!? Our elected officials as a whole are incredibly incompetent.
    Also I love how the press is saying House Republicans killed the bailout. They didn't need one ****ing republican vote to pass this monstrosity. Yet tons of Democrats in the House realized that this bill was horse****. And voted on principal. Nazi Pelowski cant even get her own party members to endorse this bill.
    What you don't understand is there is NO TIME. Its like providing a dead man with a brand new heart. Its useless, he's dead.

If congress waits too long, there will be no more banks left to rescue. I personally think its already too late.

Congress dropped the ball. The economy has little to do with actual prosperity and everything to do with group psychology, and congress just ensured that the market will have ZERO confidence for at least the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
      If they gave 700 billion to families in debt that wouldn't be a problem... but they aren't are they?
      So if they aren't getting any government cheese.. why should AIG?
      You are sooo sooo sooo misinformed, its almost difficult for me to comprehend.

Comment

I see no changes besides the damn gas prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          Well we have a two day recess due to Rosh Hashanah, but after that they should be able to start working on a better bill. Maybe even one that doesn't cost 700 billion dollars.
          The sheer balls congress has to take a holiday is mind boggling. I really hope some angry constituents start shooting congressmen. Unfortunately, demonstrating to those in power that their life is on the line is the only way to get them to do their job.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            The sheer balls congress has to take a holiday is mind boggling.
            i thought he was joking. they're really taking a f ucking holiday in the middle of this????

Comment

Can you believe that this new bailout bill had no conditions in it to prevent this from happening again? Its true, that's another reason this bill failed. Until we fix the problem there is no reason to dump money into it. Its like a leak in your house, your basements flooding. The government shows up with all kinds of sump pumps, buckets and people to get the water out. Yet nobody thought to hire a plumber to fix the leak.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
                i thought he was joking. they're really taking a f ucking holiday in the middle of this????

You don't understand..its a Jewish Holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho-Nuff View Post
                  Can you believe that this new bailout bill had no conditions in it to prevent this from happening again? Its true, that's another reason this bill failed. Until we fix the problem there is no reason to dump money into it. Its like a leak in your house, your basements flooding. The government shows up with all kinds of sump pumps, buckets and people to get the water out. Yet nobody thought to hire a plumber to fix the leak.
                  see, now that part i wasn't aware of. but why'd they just ****can it rather than modify it?

Comment

Well...

Now that the world knows that America is hog tied and taking it up the pooper snapper since the last gas price increase and 50 hurricanes, at least we still got boxing to fall back on.

Nothing like some good 'ol head snapping punches to the dome to release some pent up emotions.

America the beautiful.

Gotta love her.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
                      see, now that part i wasn't aware of. but why'd they just ****can it rather than modify it?
                      They will modify it. Politics really came into play. Congress expected the house to vote and pass it. Then they could go on a two day break...watch the public's reaction, then vote. That really pissed off members of the house on both sides. From what I understand if a couple more provisions are put in, it will pass easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X