This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    The only reason that it's offensive to you is because it's the Truth. If it were a lie, you would be fine with it.

Jesus said:

Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
    He was lying. You can't prove he wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by lbson View Post
      Prove it......
      haha your funny. nice try christian, but the burden of proof is on you.

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      I can't prove that love is real, if that's what you are asking. Love is something that we feel, or at least think we feel or we are taught to feel. If you took a small child and never taught them about god, would they believe that there was one? Probably not but you know they would get angry, sad and feel love from time to time.
      very poetic. I have never believed in a god, but i do believe in love and compassion. Although, i refute that jesus is god. That guy sure did know how to love his neighbor . it is really sad how christians call themselves christians and yet they do the polar opposite that jesus did.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        He was lying. You can't prove he wasn't.
        He wasn't lying. He proved it by walking on water, healing the sick, making the blind to see, turning water into wine, raising the dead, making the lame to walk, making the deaf to hear, curing disease, fulfilling hundreds of prophecies written of Him literally hundreds of years before His birth that He couldn't have fulfilled had He not been who He said He was, predicting His own death, burial and resurrection, then dying and rising from the dead. The eyewitnesses saw these things and were so convinced by them that they were willing to give their lives (and most of them did) to further the gospel of Jesus Christ. Now YOU explain to me why all of the Eyewitnesses are wrong, including the historians of His day (who would have their head cut off if they made up a lie) and why you are right? The burden of proof is on YOU. I choose to believe Him, you should too. He is going to judge you one day and you will stand before Him. He said that only those who accept His sacrifice on the cross and believe in their heart that He died and rose again will be saved. You need to rethink your position on this.
        Last edited by xfrodobagginsx; 10-02-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

He wasn't lying. He proved it by walking on water, healing the sick, making the blind to see, turning water into wine, raising the dead, making the lame to walk, making the deaf to hear, curing disease, fulfilling hundreds of prophecies written of Him literally hundreds of years before His birth that He couldn't have fulfilled had He not been who He said He was, predicting His own death, burial and resurrection, then dying and rising from the dead. The eyewitnesses saw these things and were so convinced by them that they were willing to give their lives (and most of them did) to further the gospel of Jesus Christ. Now YOU explain to me why all of the Eyewitnesses are wrong, including the historians of His day (who would have their head cut off if they made up a lie) and why you are right? The burden of proof is on YOU. I choose to believe Him, you should too. He is going to judge you one day and you will stand before Him. He said that only those who accept His sacrifice on the cross and believe in their heart that He died and rose again will be saved. You need to rethink your position on this.
          All lies.

Comment

all lies.

Comment

• Please provide a reasoned argument as to why the burden of proof is on atheists.

Comment

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                Please provide a reasoned argument as to why the burden of proof is on atheists.
                I already did. The history is not on your side. Do you think that the historians, eyewitnesses and prophets are all lying?

Comment

I already did. The history is not on your side. Do you think that the historians, eyewitnesses and prophets are all lying?
                  History is on our side...

You see, in the beginning their was bullshit. This bullshit was seen as bullshit, and new bullshit was created. Then this happened over and over again. With all nations and cultures throughout the ages inventing their own brand of bullshit which was just another version of previous bullshit. Unfortunately some of this bullshit has stubbornly stuck around, and continues to stink up the world.
                  You may have guessed im talking about the bullshit you call 'religion'.

Its not that they are all lying. Many are simply delusional or ******ed. And those eyewitnesses are definitely not liars because you have to exist to be a liar. This is where the bullshit i mentioned comes into play.

Its similar to the Bible code. There are many cleverly hidden piles of bullshit scattered throughout the bible. For example, did you know that the word "prophecy" is a biblical anagram for......you guessed it...."bullshit"! As is "miracle", "demon" and even "virgin". The clue to translating 'virgin' into its true form...'bullshit' is in the birth! You see, in REALITY, giving birth is the result of something called sexual intercourse which by its very nature nullifies any virginity.
                  But wait a minute! I almost made a very common mistake.
                  Its all bullshit! So there was no virgin, intercourse, or birth.
                  The lesson we learn here, is that when confronted with bullshit keep a safe distance and dont get it under your fingernails. Picking at it wont make it go away!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                    History is on our side...

You see, in the beginning their was bullshit. This bullshit was seen as bullshit, and new bullshit was created. Then this happened over and over again. With all nations and cultures throughout the ages inventing their own brand of bullshit which was just another version of previous bullshit. Unfortunately some of this bullshit has stubbornly stuck around, and continues to stink up the world.
                    You may have guessed im talking about the bullshit you call 'religion'.

Its not that they are all lying. Many are simply delusional or ******ed. And those eyewitnesses are definitely not liars because you have to exist to be a liar. This is where the bullshit i mentioned comes into play.

Its similar to the Bible code. There are many cleverly hidden piles of bullshit scattered throughout the bible. For example, did you know that the word "prophecy" is a biblical anagram for......you guessed it...."bullshit"! As is "miracle", "demon" and even "virgin". The clue to translating 'virgin' into its true form...'bullshit' is in the birth! You see, in REALITY, giving birth is the result of something called sexual intercourse which by its very nature nullifies any virginity.
                    But wait a minute! I almost made a very common mistake.
                    Its all bullshit! So there was no virgin, intercourse, or birth.
                    The lesson we learn here, is that when confronted with bullshit keep a safe distance and dont get it under your fingernails. Picking at it wont make it go away!!
                    So Basically what you're saying is that YOU know better because THEY were actually there, lived it and experienced it and YOU were not? Yeah, I'm gonna have to use logic here and say that YOU are wrong and THEY are right. THEY were there, YOU were not. The historians would have their head cut off if they made up lies. YOU are being irrational and dishonest with yourself. That's like saying "George Washington wasn't really president. I know because I wasn't there and the eyewitnesses and historians WERE". It makes NO sense at all. Think about it.
                    Last edited by xfrodobagginsx; 10-03-2012, 08:37 AM.

Comment

So Basically what you're saying is that YOU know better because THEY were actually there, lived it and experienced it and YOU were not? Yeah, I'm gonna have to use logic here and say that YOU are wrong and THEY are right. THEY were there, YOU were not. The historians would have their head cut off if they made up lies. YOU are being irrational and dishonest with yourself. That's like saying "George Washington wasn't really president. I know because I wasn't there and the eyewitnesses and historians WERE". It makes NO sense at all. Think about it.
                      Think about this...
                      The basic GIST of WHAT is was saying IS that i detect strong WHIFFS of bullshit throughout THE whole biblical story, and WOULD prefer to post rather amusing RESPONSES rather than attempt TO engage in a serious discussion WITH someone who HAS proved impossible TO reason with BECAUSE they are caked IN the bullshit they SNUGGLE up to like a blanky.

And btw, i was there, and saw it all happen. And youre wrong about everything apart from the bit about the pigs who were possessed by demons. That bit was true. It was a practical joke that went a bit too far.

Comment

Working...
                      X