This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    THIS VIDEO WILL EXPLAIN HOW THE NEW TESTIMENT OF THE BIBLE WAS CANONIZED (CAME TO BE):

WHOLE VIDEO:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=D76LD7NX
    It was decided by a committee of Romans at Nicaeia.

Comment

• Did you watch the video?

Comment

Did you watch the video?
        I have a general rule on Youtube videos: I don't watch Youtube videos. Unless you can, by way of a summary in your own words, convince me that doing so will be interesting, I have no need to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          I have a general rule on Youtube videos: I don't watch Youtube videos. Unless you can, by way of a summary in your own words, convince me that doing so will be interesting, I have no need to do so.
          That is a very good response. Too many people can make youtube videos, no credibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            So to clarify, your position is that after a few hundred years of scientific endeavour and discovery in which life expectancy has basically doubled, we've been to the moon, we have computers capable of thousands of calculations per second on our phones, we have mapped the planet in real time using machines in space, and despite all that because there are a couple of scientific concepts that you don't yet understand we should dismiss it all and believe the mythology of an insignificant band of bronze age nomads?
            Yeah, Bro some people just don't understand how science or true knowledge works. If there is a discovery of knowledge and you can build knowledge upon that discovery it is it true. Such as physics,math, and evolution. At one point ancient people discovered math, some denied maths but it proved to be true. Physics by many was believed to be crock pot invention, but it proved to be true. Evolution by many people today is believed to be fake, but so much knowledge is being accumulated upon it that it is just stupid to deny evolution. People that deny evolution are simply on the wrong side of history. darwin discovered natural selection, Johann Friedrich Miescher discovered DNA the component that drives evolution, and modern scientist are using DNA to clones animals and alter animals. We can already alter dogs and other animals to our liking. In a couple centuries we will be able to create unique animals, It is inedible.

Just because you can deny one part of an "idea" does not mean it is fake; time will prove what is fake and real. Just look at *********ity or any other religion the more *knowledge* (or what is perceived as knowledge) you add to it the longer it will last, the only reason why *********ity exists is because catholics added so much *knowledge* to turn a peace loving religion into violent one enough to fight off the barbaric mohammadians who themselves claim to have *knowledge* that built upon ***ish and nestorian *********ity. As long as Catholics and *********s keep on building upon their religion it will exist. But once they stop building upon their religion like Roman pantheon or Arab pantheon or aztec/ mayan pantheon that religion will seize to exist.

Comment

The bottom line is we live in a universe which completely frustrates any attempt to explain its origin and content by natural processes alone. The best evidence for the possible existence of a supernatural creator lies in the total lack of any scientific evidence in these key areas. Can God be scientifically proven? No, it would be nice but his existence cannot be proven scientifically. The reason is God is supernatural; he exists outside thenatural, scientific world. While our scientific tools cannot prove God exists, they do provide us with evidence we can use to determine if there is a better explanation for what has taken place besides the existence of a supernatural creator.

It is interesting how atheists reject any notion of the supernatural because of what they perceive to be a lack of evidence when they could use that same objectivity to reject their naturalistic world view. Most atheists are not even honest enough to apply the same burden of proof for naturalism that they demand of supernaturalism.

The laws of science falsify the notion that this physical, living world came to be through natural means. These laws provide very credible evidence for the possible existence of a supernatural being. Atheism violates these basic laws of science. Atheism requires not only a tremendous amount of faith but also a belief in miracles. And not only miracles but natural miracles, an oxymoron. Both naturalism and supernaturalism require faith and which one you place your faith in is one of the two most important choices you will ever make.

How did life begin?
              Although, you do have some good points in essence, kind of. You are arguing for people that disagree with you 100% and against people that disagree with everything you write, which makes you a Idiot, putting words in peoples mouth. For example, you say that God cannot be proven scientifically but ******s/mohammadians 2.1 billion people believe you can, (*you can also add billions from other religions if you want but i'll stick to mohammadians in my example*) mohammadians believe their holy book was written by God, so any science in it has to be true and it proves god's existence, "HOW CAN a GOD BE WRONG?" how can a supernatural creature that created nature, the universe, transport from the supernatural to natural: tell his followers the wrong way he created them and the universe. Therefore, science can debunk mohammadian claims that the qu'ran was written by God, because it makes natural scientific claims. If god makes the laws of nature, why are the laws of nature wrong in the qu'ran (bible, etc) Therefore, lets expand on that claim if XYZ religion makes natural claims it is open to scientific inquiry, Gallileo and the Pope, for example. Why would a supernatural god that creates galaxies, planets, and people get so many things wrong. Why make scientific claims in xyz religious book if they are dead wrong? It is simple God does not exist, or the god that makes Natural claims that prove to be wrong is a fake god. Therefore, the Abrahamic God is false.

The fact of the matter is that, you don't realize it, but you are actually proving that God does not exist. Your vision of god means that he can create UNIVERSES, GALAXIES, EARTH, LIFE; BUT HE CANT EVEN REMEMBER HOW HE DID IT and told his followers the wrong information. How can god be so powerful and not be able to tell the story of how he did it? it is border line idiotic to make such a claim. Also, your argument goes against Church Dogma and ****** Beliefs. You cannot have it both ways, don't argue for God if your arguments goes against the beliefs and dogma of the majority of the people that believe in god.

Comment

• What sets science apart from all other ways of attempting to understand the world we live in is that science works. It is successful. It has, to use the vernacular, put men on the moon.

Comment

• Squeal,

If you won't watch my video that explains my point of view better, that I won't respond to your posts either. It's only a few minutes long.

Comment

Squeal,

If you won't watch my video that explains my point of view better, that I won't respond to your posts either. It's only a few minutes long.
                    You don't respond to my posts anyway so the way I see it I've just added a few minutes to my life by not watching your stupid video.

Comment

• Watch this video instead.

Poultrygeist : Night of the Chicken Dead

Comment

Working...
                      X