::
      ur a coward for not answering my post.

Merry Christmas luv.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          ur a coward for not answering my post.

Merry Christmas luv.
          There is nothing to respond to. If you have a question then ask it.

Comment

• This guy should go and suck dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
              There is nothing to respond to. If you have a question then ask it.
              oK.

How do people KNOW there is a God?

Faith; To believe without reason:
              Believing impulsively, or believing based upon social traditions or personal hopes.
              In either case, faith is based upon the interpretation of the intangible (feelings, emotions, etc.) instead of the physically tangible and is primarily associated with religion in modern times.

According to the Bible, "faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1, New International Version).

Surley the existance in God can be disputed if not disproven. .

There are arguments for and against creation, but that still must leave the idea of a God questionable, and therefore how can anyone devote their lives to somthing that may or may not exist?

And i am not trying to suggest there is no God. I am just trying to simply understand how it is possible for anyone to say the bible is THE word of God, when they havent researched all other avenues such as; ancient pre-biblical scripture, historical theology, biblical archeology, pre-biblical cultures beliefs and religions, astronomy that relates to the bible, ancient mythology, evolutionary biology, religious physchology, Henotheism, Ignosticism, Polytheism, Theodicy, Deism, Panentheism, Metaphysics, Unitarianism, Mysticism, and all manner of philosophy relating to the bible etc etc etc....

Surely before being so certain that your faith is the right one, and especially telling others that their faith or lack of faith is wrong, u must be an expert in all manner of religion and theology? And maybe that means looking at theories that suggest Christianity is not the truth. For u must hear the other side of the argument before strengthening ur own.

To say u believe in God based purely on faith is fine. The intangible feeling or belief there is a God cannot be disproven and doesnt rely on evidence. It is a personal and sacred experience.
              Although it could be explained through psychology and/or social and environmental factors, it should still be respected by all. And if u chose to leave ur faith unexamined then no one has a right to 'disprove' u.

My issue is only with those who believe it is their right to suggest a 'non-believer' needs to change in order to be accepted by God or suffer eternal and unimaginable punishment.

If ur belief are purely based on the bible, and if ur faith is truly strong enough, i want u to ask urself this...

If we, as Gods creation lack the ability despite all efforts to comprehend Him, and yet are told that is the single most important part of our existence, then isnt Gods system is a flawed one. Not because God is flawed, but because His creation is.

If God words are indeed perfect, why would he choose an imperfect vehicle to propagate them? i.e. humans and our limited intelligence. Just look at our history of war, ironically documented in the old testament.

Can mere doubt and questioning of the existence of God be considered a crime worthy of eternal torment and suffering, whilst also the essence of our intelligence?

One last thing...if the bible was perfect we would have a single version, not hundreds each with different translations and such diverse interpretations. The bible would be understood without any questions.

Comment

• Everyone should see this movie!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYQPKsKS8Q8

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  oK.

How do people KNOW there is a God?

I have been posting arguments for the existence of God. Have you looked at them? Here are some: The design argument, the Cosmological argument, the Transendental Argument, ect. Here are some links full of information for you to whirl:

The Biblical Canon And How It Came To Be:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=D76LD7NX

The Moral Argument For The Existence Of God:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=D7K7WPNX

The Design Arguement For The Existence Of God:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=J99CMCNU

The Cosmological Arguement For The Existence Of God:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=D776LWNX

The Transendental Arguement For God:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=D7L6LWNX

Did Jesus Really Rise From The Dead?:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=D7ZLLWNX

How Can We Know That The Christian God Is The True God:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=J9CF9FNU

Is Jesus The Only Way?:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=J9C9CMNU

How Can A Good And Loving God Allow Evil?:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=J9CF9JNU

Faith; To believe without reason:
                  Believing impulsively, or believing based upon social traditions or personal hopes.
                  In either case, faith is based upon the interpretation of the intangible (feelings, emotions, etc.) instead of the physically tangible and is primarily associated with religion in modern times.

While my faith in God is not Dependent upon evidence, it IS backed up by the evidence. I have a personal relationship with God, countless testimonies, miracles, biblical prophecy all point to God. Click on my links I posted above.

According to the Bible, "faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1, New International Version).

Surley the existance in God can be disputed if not disproven.

There are arguments for and against creation, but that still must leave the idea of a God questionable, and therefore how can anyone devote their lives to somthing that may or may not exist?

Personally, I have no doubt in my mind that God exists. He has spoken to me. He has performed miracles in my family and for me. He has directed my life in a very tangible way. I feel His disapproval when I go against His will and His approval when I obey His will. I know His will by what's written in His word, the bible.

And i am not trying to suggest there is no God. I am just trying to simply understand how it is possible for anyone to say the bible is THE word of God, when they havent researched all other avenues such as; ancient pre-biblical scripture, historical theology, biblical archeology, pre-biblical cultures beliefs and religions, astronomy that relates to the bible, ancient mythology, evolutionary biology, religious physchology, Henotheism, Ignosticism, Polytheism, Theodicy, Deism, Panentheism, Metaphysics, Unitarianism, Mysticism, and all manner of philosophy relating to the bible etc etc etc....

If you really want to know about these things listen to the links I provided above. These things are addressed.

Surely before being so certain that your faith is the right one, and especially telling others that their faith or lack of faith is wrong, u must be an expert in all manner of religion and theology? And maybe that means looking at theories that suggest Christianity is not the truth. For u must hear the other side of the argument before strengthening ur own.

I have heard the other side of the argument on many different fronts.

To say u believe in God based purely on faith is fine. The intangible feeling or belief there is a God cannot be disproven and doesnt rely on evidence. It is a personal and sacred experience.
                  Although it could be explained through psychology and/or social and environmental factors, it should still be respected by all. And if u chose to leave ur faith unexamined then no one has a right to 'disprove' u.

Frankly, I don't simply believe in God based upon faith alone. I KNOW that there is a God and see evidence for His existence on a daily basis. Some of the things that I have witnessed would be hard for you to understand. The miracles that I have witnessed cannot be explained by psychology or science.

My issue is only with those who believe it is their right to suggest a 'non-believer' needs to change in order to be accepted by God or suffer eternal and unimaginable punishment.

If you really want to explore this, you need to take it one topic at a time. Start from the beginning. Listen to the arguments for why God exists, then click on why the Christian God is the one true God, then the others. I also have my own evidence to provide for you if you truly want to expore the truth here. Be respectful to me and I will return respect to you. The questions you have cannot be answered in 5 minutes so we will tackle them one issue at a time.

If ur belief are purely based on the bible, and if ur faith is truly strong enough, i want u to ask urself this...

If we, as Gods creation lack the ability despite all efforts to comprehend Him, and yet are told that is the single most important part of our existence, then isnt Gods system is a flawed one. Not because God is flawed, but because His creation is.

My beliefs are supported by the bible, science, history, testimony and personal experience.

If God words are indeed perfect, why would he choose an imperfect vehicle to propagate them? i.e. humans and our limited intelligence. Just look at our history of war, ironically documented in the old testament.

God uses imperfect people to accomplish His will every day. I believe that He does so in order to prove His greatness and control over everything in spite of those who hate Him and mock Him.

Can mere doubt and questioning of the existence of God be considered a crime worthy of eternal torment and suffering, whilst also the essence of our intelligence?

In God's eyes, YES! God is perfect, perfectly holy, perfectly good and most of all He is King of the Universe. If you insult a King or commit treason against a King, what will happen to you? God is the King of the Universe. To mock Him, disobey Him, Sin against Him is to commit treason against Him and must be punished by sending you to prison (hell). Otherwise, His Kingdom would be overrun by those who hate Him or won't serve Him.

One last thing...if the bible was perfect we would have a single version, not hundreds each with different translations and such diverse interpretations. The bible would be understood without any questions.

That's not the way it is in the real world. You don't get to decide what God uses and does not use. Remember that He is in charge and has a reason for everything that He does. That's where trust comes in. After you trust Him, you will see (as I have repeatedly) that His way is always the correct one. He sees into the future and knows the results of His actions. We do not. The fact is that the original manuscripts are perfect because they are God's exact words, however, the translations are not inspired. We must compare them to the original language to make sure that they line up.
                  My responses are in bold above.

All of the links above can be found to the right of the page if you click on the link below. You can listen to all of the arguments. Also, I want to re-iterate, please start with the 4 arguments for the existence of God; Moral, Transendental, Design and Cosmological. Then listen to the one about the God of the bible being the true God. Next listen to the one that demonstrates that Jesus is the only way. Next listen to the one about the resurrection. After you listen to all of them, I have much more information for you, but you need to start there.

The Moral Argument For The Existence Of God:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=D7K7WPNX

Comment

• Every one of your arguments comes down to "I believe it so it's true".

And your "evidence" is not evidence. Testimony is not evidence. Semantic arguments based on misrepresentation of reality are not evidence.

Comment

• In God's eyes, YES! God is perfect, perfectly holy, perfectly good and most of all He is King of the Universe. If you insult a King or commit treason against a King, what will happen to you? God is the King of the Universe. To mock Him, disobey Him, Sin against Him is to commit treason against Him and must be punished by sending you to prison (hell). Otherwise, His Kingdom would be overrun by those who hate Him or won't serve Him.

This is too funny.

You have a submission complex, a slave complex, meaning that you have a need to bow down to a master that controls you day in and day out. No freedom. That's what the above post paragraph is telling me. THAT'S WHAT MAKES YOU WEAK, and your weakness probably is due to low intelligence.

Comment

Working...
                      X