Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, then you've made your choice, now go to a different thread and let others choose for themselves.

Comment

• Comment

• I made a choice...and it is.........................................Atheism !!!!!!! yay, now leave me alone with your made up deity's. Please evolve...sooner rather than later. That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
          Ok, then you've made your choice, now go to a different thread and let others choose for themselves.
          Paul Dirac. one of the greatest quantum physicists to ever live, and next to Albert Einestien, one of the most intelligent humans to ever live. here are his thoughts on religion:

"I cannot understand why we idle discussing religion. If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality. The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination. It is quite understandable why primitive people, who were so much more exposed to the overpowering forces of nature than we are today, should have personified these forces in fear and trembling. But nowadays, when we understand so many natural processes, we have no need for such solutions. I can't for the life of me see how the postulate of an Almighty God helps us in any way. What I do see is that this assumption leads to such unproductive questions as why God allows so much misery and injustice, the exploitation of the poor by the rich and all the other horrors He might have prevented. If religion is still being taught, it is by no means because its ideas still convince us, but simply because some of us want to keep the lower classes quiet. Quiet people are much easier to govern than clamorous and dissatisfied ones. They are also much easier to exploit. Religion is a kind of opium that allows a nation to lull itself into wishful dreams and so forget the injustices that are being perpetrated against the people. Hence the close alliance between those two great political forces, the State and the Church. Both need the illusion that a kindly God rewards—in heaven if not on earth—all those who have not risen up against injustice, who have done their duty quietly and uncomplainingly. That is precisely why the honest assertion that God is a mere product of the human imagination is branded as the worst of all mortal sins."

also check the quote in my sig by albert einstein.

now keep in mind that these guys had more intelligence at 6 years old than you'll ever have in your whole life and they pretty much think religion is a joke. What in your egotistical mind makes you think you know something that they don't? why would people not want to be religious? its such an easy thing to be. answer: because its blatantly obvious to the sane and rationale minded, that religion is a bunch of BS. And we aren't pussy enough to follow something "just in case".
          Last edited by -Swizzy-; 08-24-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
            I made a choice...and it is.........................................Atheism !!!!!!! yay, now leave me alone with your made up deity's. Please evolve...sooner rather than later. That is all.
            I would be glad to leave you alone after you leave the thread I made to discuss this issue with people. You are choosing to discuss this by clicking on the thread, so simply don't click on it if you don't want to.

Comment

• Isaac Newton was a Christian and he was one of the greatest scientists who ever lived. Here is what he said:

And from true lordship it follows that the true God is living, intelligent, and powerful; from the other perfections, that he is supreme, or supremely perfect. He is eternal and infinite, omnipotent and omniscient; that is, he endures from eternity to eternity; and he is present from infinity to infinity; he rules all things, and he knows all things that happen or can happen. -Isaac Newton

And for rejecting such a Medium, we have the Authority of those the oldest and most celebrated Philosophers of Greece and Phoenicia, who made a Vacuum, and Atoms, and the Gravity of Atoms, the first Principles of their Philosophy; tacitly attributing Gravity to some other Cause than dense Matter. Later Philosophers banish the Consideration of such a Cause out of natural Philosophy, feigning Hypotheses for explaining all things mechanically, and referring other Causes to Metaphysicks: Whereas the main Business of natural Philosophy is to argue from Phaenomena without feigning Hypotheses, and to deduce Causes from Effects, till we come to the very first Cause, which certainly is not mechanical; and not only to unfold the Mechanism of the World, but chiefly to resolve these and such like Questions. What is there in places almost empty of Matter, and whence is it that the Sun and Planets gravitate towards one another, without dense Matter between them? Whence is it that Nature doth nothing in vain; and whence arises all that Order and Beauty which we see in the World? ... does it not appear from phaenomena that there is a Being incorporeal, living, intelligent, omnipresent, who in infinite space, as it were in his Sensory, sees the things themselves intimately, and thoroughly perceives them, and comprehends them wholly by their immediate presence to himself.

Comment

• xfrodobagginsx

You're a stand up guy.

Comment

• i agree there is no heaven or hell its a fabrication of ones own mind to make them feel comfortable about the unknown after death. People are just afraid of rotting away in a casket under ground so the thought of heaven or hell soothes their minds and makes them feel more comfortable.

Comment

• Isaac Newton was a Christian and he was one of the greatest scientists who ever lived. Here is what he said:
                    That's awesome! You only had to go back 400 years to find a scientist backwards enough to believe the same stupid **** you do.

Also Isaac Newton was a nasty piece of work, a really deeply unpleasant human being. So you picked a really fucking good example of christianity to use didn't you, fruitcake?

Comment

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
                      I would be glad to leave you alone after you leave the thread I made to discuss this issue with people. You are choosing to discuss this by clicking on the thread, so simply don't click on it if you don't want to.
                      U want to discuss religion?

I dont think u have engaged anyone in a discussion.

And shouldnt u be trying to save the non-believers rather then telling them to leave the thread?

Comment

Working...
                      X