No announcement yet.

fall out 4 anyone playing ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    I was saying almost the exact same thing to my cousin yesterday. Gonna make a female for my second play through but she'll be a straight up thug. Like yesterday I wandered into vault 81 and was all nice, but my girl is gonna go in and shoot that place up and take everything. Get her charisma up so she can convince people easily and take advantage of them.

Be a straight up slumlord and care nothing for her settlements.
    Perfect example was when I was in 81 and had to go get that cure for that kid that got bit by a molerat. Should I actually decide to do it i'll make my girl keep the cure for herself so the boy can die.

Yeah same here. My character is super nice, always helping people out. Next time? Nah, only for caps otherwise they're getting their domes split.

Speaking of the molerat and the kid. I've been having molerat disease ever since. I took the drug that removes addiction, nothing. Maybe I need to to a doctor or something or find another cure because my health is -10 all the time because of that disease. Should have let that ****** kid die lmao

Comment

Wow I just looked it up..

Mole rat disease is a permanent effect the player character obtains if bitten by an infected mole rat in Vault 81 during the quest Hole in the Wall. The effect is -10 Max HP. During the quest, the Sole Survivor will obtain the only dose of the cure available. The player character then must choose to either save the life of Austin Engill, a young boy who was bitten by an infected mole rat himself, or use the cure on themselves. If the Sole Survivor cures Austin of Mole rat disease, they will gain the favor of the vault as well as a room to stay in.

That little sh¡t better live life to the fullest, negative 10 health you mother****er!

Comment

Gonna buy a game today either this or Star wars battlefront.

Is this worth getting ? reviews online seems to go from 10 to 0 so hard to know I havent played any of the previous ones and I could get both but just dont have that much time to play.

Battlefront seems like battlefeild with star wars guys and im a bit over BF but then again it is star wars.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Wow I just looked it up..

Mole rat disease is a permanent effect the player character obtains if bitten by an infected mole rat in Vault 81 during the quest Hole in the Wall. The effect is -10 Max HP. During the quest, the Sole Survivor will obtain the only dose of the cure available. The player character then must choose to either save the life of Austin Engill, a young boy who was bitten by an infected mole rat himself, or use the cure on themselves. If the Sole Survivor cures Austin of Mole rat disease, they will gain the favor of the vault as well as a room to stay in.

That little sh¡t better live life to the fullest, negative 10 health you mother****er!
          Oh man that freaking sucks. I avoided getting bit altogether while in there cause I took Strong with me and sneaked around so i wasn't detected. I just got the Berserk perk as well cause his level of respect for me is at it's peak.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
            Gonna buy a game today either this or Star wars battlefront.

Is this worth getting ? reviews online seems to go from 10 to 0 so hard to know I havent played any of the previous ones and I could get both but just dont have that much time to play.

Battlefront seems like battlefeild with star wars guys and im a bit over BF but then again it is star wars.
            Game of the year for me.

Battlefield looks beautiful but it strikes me as a game that would get old kinda fast, as do a lot of the 100% online shooter games.

What kind of games you like? Fallout 4 is a RPG/shooter in a huge open world. The storyline is its set in the future envisioned by the 1950s (think old Twilight Zone episodes when they are set in the future) after nuclear warfare. So it's a combination of serious storyline and dark humor, post apocalyptic. As far as game play, just read this thread it seems all of us are having a blast. I think the only bad reviews it gets is because of some of the technical flaws and minor shortcomings of graphics (I think it looks amazing personally). People like to use Witcher 3 as a benchmark now because that's a huge open world with phenomenal graphics, so anything less than that and people complain I guess.

Keep in mind I'm a huge fallout fan and played Fallout 3 and New Vegas a lot, but I never played the first two nor never even heard of the games and got into Fallout 3 and New Vegas years after they came out and even though they were outdated they were some of the best games I've ever played. If I never played those games and jumped right into fallout 4, I know for sure I'd love this game.

Comment

Barney Rook already dead for you guys as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Barney Rook already dead for you guys as well?
                Dunno who that is. If it's main quest related I'm still not even that far despite so many hours of gameplay. I've done a ton of side stuff. There is so much in this game its going to take me a while to get through it all.

Comment

I don't remember where I got it, but I looked through my miscellaneous quests and it said to go speak to this guy. Went there and he was dead, had a search online and seems like a common glitch. Gonna fast travel back there later as sometimes that fixes things, it's still an open quest.

I haven't done much of the main quest but went back to it last night, don't want to rush it but was getting curious especially about The Institute. Did quite a lot of side missions for the Minutemen, a few for BoS.

Comment

Right so got Fallout 4 at launch, and I like it much, much more than New Vegas which I finished by the bugs stopped me from pursuing certain quest lines, but it does seem much of the same as 3. Witcher 3 took the open world genre several steps ahead of anything else, though Fallout is a much more 'playground' type RPG.

It's a great game, but for me Bloodborne, Witcher 3 and Phantom Pain were the better games for me personally (so far, Fallout might get better, Oblivion certainly grew on me and became one of my favourites)

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                      Right so got Fallout 4 at launch, and I like it much, much more than New Vegas which I finished by the bugs stopped me from pursuing certain quest lines, but it does seem much of the same as 3. Witcher 3 took the open world genre several steps ahead of anything else, though Fallout is a much more 'playground' type RPG.

It's a great game, but for me Bloodborne, Witcher 3 and Phantom Pain were the better games for me personally (so far, Fallout might get better, Oblivion certainly grew on me and became one of my favourites)
                      Yeah it all boils down to personal preference at the end of the day. I thought Phantom Pain lacked a lot of substance, the story was kinda weak especially after the first half of the game or so where it seemed unfinished. Witcher 3 certainly raised the bar, incredibly well done game, it's extremely long I couldn't finish (not even close) but plan to one day. Extra kudos for not being afraid to show some tiddies and ass in sex scenes (unlike Bethesda's typical ulta PG quick black screen with moaning in background haha) Bloodborne is such a different kind of game it's hard to compare to the rest, for me I find FO4 much more enjoyable (Bloodborne makes my blood boil at times regarding how unbelievably difficult it is!).

I said in the other thread I think Witcher 3 deserves to be GOTY because of his technical achievements. Fallout is my sh it though, nothing else comes close when it comes to personal enjoyment.

A lot of how much you will like Fallout 4 is if you were a fan of New Vegas and Fallout 3. If you're a fan of those games you'll absolutely love this game, especially compared to 3 which it resembles much more than New Vegas (which makes sense of course since Bethesda didn't make New Vegas). And yeah, the bugs were crazy bad for New Vegas but I still played through it about 5 times. FO4 is surprisingly smooth for me on my PS4, given Bethesda's history.

Another thing about Fallout is Bethesda being very open with the modding community. I really admire that about them which so many companies simply ignore. There is also talking of mods coming to consoles, which is unheard of and could be a game changer.

Here is an article talking about modding IS coming to both PS4 and Xbox. Again, that's pretty damn huge:
                      http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how.../1100-6432134/
                      Last edited by ИATAS; 11-29-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X