No announcement yet.

fall out 4 anyone playing ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Yeah it all boils down to personal preference at the end of the day. I thought Phantom Pain lacked a lot of substance, the story was kinda weak especially after the first half of the game or so where it seemed unfinished. Witcher 3 certainly raised the bar, incredibly well done game, it's extremely long I couldn't finish (not even close) but plan to one day. Extra kudos for not being afraid to show some tiddies and ass in sex scenes (unlike Bethesda's typical ulta PG quick black screen with moaning in background haha) Bloodborne is such a different kind of game it's hard to compare to the rest, for me I find FO4 much more enjoyable (Bloodborne makes my blood boil at times regarding how unbelievably difficult it is!).

I said in the other thread I think Witcher 3 deserves to be GOTY because of his technical achievements. Fallout is my sh it though, nothing else comes close when it comes to personal enjoyment.

A lot of how much you will like Fallout 4 is if you were a fan of New Vegas and Fallout 3. If you're a fan of those games you'll absolutely love this game, especially compared to 3 which it resembles much more than New Vegas (which makes sense of course since Bethesda didn't make New Vegas). And yeah, the bugs were crazy bad for New Vegas but I still played through it about 5 times. FO4 is surprisingly smooth for me on my PS4, given Bethesda's history.

Another thing about Fallout is Bethesda being very open with the modding community. I really admire that about them which so many companies simply ignore. There is also talking of mods coming to consoles, which is unheard of and could be a game changer.

Here is an article talking about modding IS coming to both PS4 and Xbox. Again, that's pretty damn huge:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how.../1100-6432134/
    I almost 100% finished the Witcher on ps4 did all the witcher contracts, main missions etc. just trying to get through it on Broken Bones difficulty now (well until Hearts of Stone came out which I haven't started yet). Everyones experience of Bloodborne is different, I came off the back of having played Demon/Dark Souls I/II. So much of my frustration with those games came with the first Demon Souls and you sort of figure out how to play, Bloodborne is a Souls game just not in name.

Don't get me wrong I'm seriously enjoying Fallout 4, Metal Gears enjoyment for me comes from Metal Gear Solid 1 being my entry point for AAA video games and being a huge fan of the series and the sandbox Phantom Pain gave me was honestly so much fun. I managed to finish the game with all A ranked missions and no kills.

I get the occasional frame rate dip in FA4 on PS4 but nothing major (whats your PSN?) I loved Fallout 3, but New Vegas.... I had invested so much time into the game and then because of a bug I couldn't continue down the route helping Mr. House so I had to do another entire quest line just to get some sort of ending that I didn't even want to have.

I'm ridiculously hyped for the next Elder Scrolls in about a billion years time.

Comment

I was doing minutemen quests (you know, saving villages, rescuing kidnapped sisters, all that goody-two-shoes crap). One of the mission is glitched out. It keeps telling me to talk to some dead guy. I cannot progress past that point with the quest giver being dead and all.

Anyone else having this weird bug?

Comment

Yeah, the Barney guy? Seems like a common problem on xbox and PS4 from what I read. All you can really do is fast travel back there and hope he comes back to life but he hasn't for me yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Yeah, the Barney guy? Seems like a common problem on xbox and PS4 from what I read. All you can really do is fast travel back there and hope he comes back to life but he hasn't for me yet either.
          that sucks. cheers bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
            I almost 100% finished the Witcher on ps4 did all the witcher contracts, main missions etc. just trying to get through it on Broken Bones difficulty now (well until Hearts of Stone came out which I haven't started yet). Everyones experience of Bloodborne is different, I came off the back of having played Demon/Dark Souls I/II. So much of my frustration with those games came with the first Demon Souls and you sort of figure out how to play, Bloodborne is a Souls game just not in name.

Don't get me wrong I'm seriously enjoying Fallout 4, Metal Gears enjoyment for me comes from Metal Gear Solid 1 being my entry point for AAA video games and being a huge fan of the series and the sandbox Phantom Pain gave me was honestly so much fun. I managed to finish the game with all A ranked missions and no kills.

I get the occasional frame rate dip in FA4 on PS4 but nothing major (whats your PSN?) I loved Fallout 3, but New Vegas.... I had invested so much time into the game and then because of a bug I couldn't continue down the route helping Mr. House so I had to do another entire quest line just to get some sort of ending that I didn't even want to have.

I'm ridiculously hyped for the next Elder Scrolls in about a billion years time.
            I never played any souls games before. Bloodborne was my first.

I always rage quit whenever i can't beat a boss, but the next day i manage to beat it easily. F'ng muscle memory man, takes a while to sink in

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
              I never played any souls games before. Bloodborne was my first.

I always rage quit whenever i can't beat a boss, but the next day i manage to beat it easily. F'ng muscle memory man, takes a while to sink in
              The only point in Bloodborne where I had to put the controller down and take a break from frustration was Father Gascoigne. But once I had nailed down the parry it was easy. Paarl gave me some trouble at first but I was underleveled.

Didn't really have any trouble other than that. Some of the Souls bosses had me pulling my hair out at points though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  The only point in Bloodborne where I had to put the controller down and take a break from frustration was Father Gascoigne. But once I had nailed down the parry it was easy. Paarl gave me some trouble at first but I was underleveled.

Didn't really have any trouble other than that. Some of the Souls bosses had me pulling my hair out at points though.
                  Gascoigne and Paarl were pretty easy for me. Was dicking around alot before I fought those dudes so I got pretty high stats.

Ebrietas and Shadow of Yharnam pissed me off so much, they made me wash my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
                    Gascoigne and Paarl were pretty easy for me. Was dicking around alot before I fought those dudes so I got pretty high stats.

Ebrietas and Shadow of Yharnam pissed me off so much, they made me wash my car.

See I had the opposite problem, I beat Ebrietas on my first go, just stuck to her back there is a little spot between her back two 'legs' and if you keep circle strafing she can't hit you.

Shadows were also a first time win for me, that one I didn't really understand what was hard about, maybe it was my build but had absolutely no trouble with that. In all honesty the hardest fight in the game for me wasn't even a boss fight it was that weird stranger that asks to get invited back to the church but is really a monster, I attacked him first time I saw him and got dicked so hard, i had to hide in the corridor that he can't go down and just shoot him or throw poison darts at him because I just couldn't beat him on that tiny roof.

Comment

****ing Cait of all people rejected my romance advances three times now! After she just gets done telling me she has feelings for me lol wtf. I banged Piper and the French *****, no problem. The junkie Cait who has a ****ed up past and terrible life with questionable morals? Nah. Even after I helped her out. We shared Jet together Cait, we got high together so many times, killed so many people and laughed about it! Why won't you love me b¡tch?! I can't take any more rejection, about to send her ass to farm duty at a remote settlement, ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X