No announcement yet.

PlayStation 4 sales exceed 2.1 million units

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlayStation 4 sales exceed 2.1 million units

Tokyo (AFP) - Sony said on Tuesday it has sold more than 2.1 million PlayStation 4 consoles after less than three weeks on the market, as it battles Microsoft and Nintendo for supremacy in the lucrative gaming sector.

The eagerly-awaited PlayStation sold more than one million units in just one day after its November 15 debut in North America and Sony said Tuesday it was on track to hit a worldwide target of 5.0 million units by March.
    http://news.yahoo.com/playstation-4-...105504612.html

The PS4 has yet to release in Japan, Hong Kong, United Arab Emirates, South Korea, Indonesia, and other countries which will have their PS4 later in December. Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil just got the PS4 6 days ago.

who gives a feck

Comment

Microsoft are finished.

Comment

All of these numbers being touted by fans don't mean ****.

Are they impressive? Yeah, but all those numbers really mean is that Sony and Microsoft have been more prepared for consumer demand this time out than at any previous console launch.

Sales numbers are meaningless for determining how successful a console will be until after supply starts to surpass demand.

The only numbers that are going to matter are going to be when you can readily walk into any store and purchase either console. At that point, you'll start getting objective numbers.

Comment

Wasn't the Dreamcast the biggest selling console at the time of its release?

BTW Xbox One isn't sold out if you go on N4G you'll see loads of reports of stores all over the world still having the day one console in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            All of these numbers being touted by fans don't mean ****.

Are they impressive? Yeah, but all those numbers really mean is that Sony and Microsoft have been more prepared for consumer demand this time out than at any previous console launch.

Sales numbers are meaningless for determining how successful a console will be until after supply starts to surpass demand.

The only numbers that are going to matter are going to be when you can readily walk into any store and purchase either console. At that point, you'll start getting objective numbers.
            The way I see is it that 2.1 million desperate idiots/and or Call of Duty fans prematurely purchased the PS4. Same with XB One, There are no games FFS what is there to play, AC Black Flag and Killzone?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              The way I see is it that 2.1 million desperate idiots/and or Call of Duty fans prematurely purchased the PS4. Same with XB One, There are no games FFS what is there to play, AC Black Flag and Killzone?
              and so they can post on FB to show their friends how cool they are.

these people dont know sht about gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                There are lots of games to play. Just cause YOU don't like what's out, doesn't mean there are no games.

I'm loving my Ps4.

Comment

Originally posted by Krewella Boyy View Post
                  There are lots of games to play. Just cause YOU don't like what's out, doesn't mean there are no games.

I'm loving my Ps4.
                  How many of the ps4 games out can't be found on the ps3 though??

Comment

Originally posted by Krewella Boyy View Post

I'm loving my Ps4.
                    But if it's games you want, as in gameplay, they are out for the PS3/360 too.

You like CoD Ghosts? it's on PS3/360.

Do you like NBA 2K14? It's out on PS3/360.

AC3? same.

BF4, same.

Need for Speed Rivals...same.

Infamous Second Son, won't be released until April 2014. Watch Dogs, June 30th 2014. Destiny, June 30th.

Oh there's Knack and Killzone, yay?

Graphical enhancements from PS3 to PS4...mediocre at best.

Comment

Working...
                    X