No announcement yet.

The first sign of the Xbox One's Hardware Inferiority

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Right now it's looking likely that Sony will have the better, deeper and more thoughtful games. Microsoft missed out on games like The Last of Us and Heavy Rain and that's what I want to play.

But like you said, I'm still playing my Xbox.

Sony always has better exclusives, but that field has narrowed a bit by my estimation with MGS5 being multi-platform. MGS has always been a certified console seller for Sony, so the addition of MGS5 to the Xbox One would raise a bit of concern for me if I were in charge over at Sony.

Still, I expect them to have far better exclusives than the Xbox One, but exclusives aren't all I care about, either. Like you said : I want to play what my friends are playing. Obviously not every game, but I do like to actually be able to play with my buddies from time to time.

Xbox always wins on the online front. It's nice to see Sony putting more money behind PSN, but I still doubt it will compete with Xbox Live on a serious level as far as intuitive control and matchmaking is concerned.

@ the SEGA ad.

You know they're making laptops now?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/15/se...hemed-laptops/

Some d*ck on reddit trolled me the other day with the headline "SEGA is back in the hardware market." Needless to say I was crushed when I opened the page.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      But the thing is a high range graphics card would always be way more advanced than console graphics. How long you think it's going to take PS4 and XB1 to catch up to a 7990 6gb, which cost an arm at $800, but you won't even have to get a new graphics card in a long time. Never. As it stands, PS4 GPU is equivalent to 7850-7870 graphics card, and XB1 to 7790 which are way outdated for PC gaming standards. And it's about lower than 660Ti. PS4 is pretty much in the middle of low range-mid range gaming PC.

With a 7990 6gb, you're all set for like two generations to come, yes the card will last you through the PS5.

I'm defending PC gaming and all, but i'm most likely going to get the PS4 eventually. Like you said, it's so much easier.
      Don't get me wrong PC looks way better and runs smoother.. BUT i remember when my parents got a top end one.. after a few years i started having trouble running the new games.. I'd love to have a PS4 and get a top PC with Dragon age 3 but that's a hell of a lot of money.. Which could be put towards more important things.

PS3 has been out what 10 years now? and it gets the best games.. i can live with subpar graphics.. because of the consoles ease of use

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        But the thing is a high range graphics card would always be way more advanced than console graphics. How long you think it's going to take PS4 and XB1 to catch up to a 7990 6gb, which cost an arm at $800, but you won't even have to get a new graphics card in a long time. Never. As it stands, PS4 GPU is equivalent to 7850-7870 graphics card, and XB1 to 7790 which are way outdated for PC gaming standards. And it's about lower than 660Ti. PS4 is pretty much in the middle of low range-mid range gaming PC.

With a 7990 6gb, you're all set for like two generations to come, yes the card will last you through the PS5.

I'm defending PC gaming and all, but i'm most likely going to get the PS4 eventually. Like you said, it's so much easier.
        True, but you forget to mention power isn't everything, console games are better optimised than PC equivalents which results in much better graphics than PC equivalent hardware.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        whats with the misinformation? the details are there to begin with we are talking about the display resolutions here

No they're not, 1080 native means theres more than twice as many pixels making up the image compared to 720p which = more detail. You can't add that detail by upscaling the 720p image. Battlefield 4 isn't 1080p on either console so i don't know why you posted that video.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        I'm getting neither but graphically both will be the same you have to be a fanboy to say otherwise X1 has the same number of games the running at 60fps at 1080p while it has more games then PS4 that are 60fps games like knack and drive club being locked at 30fps is prove that the PS4 is not that powerful
        Tell that to the developers that all say the PS4 had the edge. You think game developers choose to have a lower resolution for anything other than performance issues?

I got the X1 on pre-order because my friends are getting it, but i have no doubt that the PS4 is the better console.

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
          Don't get me wrong PC looks way better and runs smoother.. BUT i remember when my parents got a top end one.. after a few years i started having trouble running the new games.. I'd love to have a PS4 and get a top PC with Dragon age 3 but that's a hell of a lot of money.. Which could be put towards more important things.

PS3 has been out what 10 years now? and it gets the best games.. i can live with subpar graphics.. because of the consoles ease of use
          Launch was 2006 so 7 years. It took Sony one more year than their usual pattern to come out with a new console. PS1 - 1994, PS2 - 2000, PS3 - 2006. That is 6 years in between those 3. PS4 - 2013, 7 years.

Comment

The Xbox UI looks really good.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              Still, I expect them to have far better exclusives than the Xbox One, but exclusives aren't all I care about, either. Like you said : I want to play what my friends are playing. Obviously not every game, but I do like to actually be able to play with my buddies from time to time.

Xbox always wins on the online front. It's nice to see Sony putting more money behind PSN, but I still doubt it will compete with Xbox Live on a serious level as far as intuitive control and matchmaking is concerned.
              Nah, Xbox Live is a hype job.

If you're a big social gamer then just stick to where your friends are, otherwise tell to get teh same console as you or feck 'em..

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                The Xbox UI looks really good.

I don't see why I need any of those gimmicks or why I would trade any of them for a better gaming experience.

90% of my TV usage is spent playing games. I don't watch tv, I watch movies a couple times a week, I internet browse on my phone or computer.

Those features will probably appeal to adolescents or futurists but I've been around long enough now to know what I want and i'm pretty positive that after the new "future next gen" feel of voice commands and swiping have worn off after the first week, I'll pretty much be navigating the ui like I always do, with the controller.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
                  Nah, Xbox Live is a hype job.

If you're a big social gamer then just stick to where your friends are, otherwise tell to get teh same console as you or feck 'em..
                  Xbox live is amazingly good. Seriously. Getting 5-7 friends together in party chat while fragging the **** out of each other never gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                    Xbox live is amazingly good. Seriously. Getting 5-7 friends together in party chat while fragging the **** out of each other never gets old.
                    Which can be done on the PS4. There'll be little difference between the online services.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                      Which can be done on the PS4. There'll be little difference between the online services.
                      Based on what?

Sony's online services thus far have been middling at best, why expect it to be any differentthis time?

Comment

Working...
                      X