Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first sign of the Xbox One's Hardware Inferiority

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that there's nothing out there right now or in the immediate future being developed for either console (Nothing is relative, I mean nothing for me). Which is why i'm holding out on buying a PS4. If I buy it will just collect dust there for a long time.

So far I am really only interested in The Order 1886, Wolfenstein The New Order, The Division, and I think Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4 are decent. And then Killzone and Infamous 2nd Son look visually great. Despite that being 7 games, you'd think that's enough to get the console, but the problem is these 7 games i'm pushing myself to like. Like "If I get the PS4 these would be the games i'd play." But my interests aren't in development yet, well they are but the devs aren't putting out any concrete news for them yet.

I would love to play GT6 for PS4 but (Warning: First World Problems coming up) I want to play it with this:

Comment

I'm getting both system.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        Squeal makes a strong point about graphics. I'm countering your claims about the Xbox One simply yo highlight your own lack of firsthand experience with it or the the PS4. Honestly I could give a **** less about graphics. Nintendo could announce the SNES 2 tomorrow and make it 16 bit, and I'd have it pre-ordered before the weekend was here.

Gameplay will always be king and on that front I'm not seeing anything remarkable from any developers right now that makes me want to run out and buy any console in the immediate future.

You guys can have your fun in here going tit-for-tat using graphic specs and comparison pics/videos that support your preferred console as the ruler of mankind all you want, meanwhile I'll be chilling in the corner finishing up my already overwhelming library of current games.
        Right now it's looking likely that Sony will have the better, deeper and more thoughtful games. Microsoft missed out on games like The Last of Us and Heavy Rain and that's what I want to play.

But like you said, I'm still playing my Xbox.

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        Blast processing, FTW.

Also, Sega does what Nintendon't.

Comment

but can a regular person even tell the difference?
          from what i saw it doesnt look different from a ps3 or 360 game, the whole new consoles coming out is more about getting our money than it is about improving the games

Comment

plenty if games runs 60fps at 1080p on Xbox one Ghost is not the best looking game looks current gen but this is weird the majority of their fanbase is on Xbox

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              I grew up playing games that looked like this:

All of the systems boast of ridiculous graphics and processing power. I have two considerations:

1. What will my friends buy? This is for the purpose of online gaming.
              2. What exclusive games will be available?

Arguing over technical specs is no different now than it was in the Super Nintendo/Genesis days.

But you're not a fanboy.
              I'm not arguing anything, I already know the truth.

At this point, I've owned a 720p Tv and a 1080p Tv And so I know full well what the difference is.

At this point I've owned a Gaming Computer and have upgraded My CPU, GPU, Memory and have installed a SSD at least once over the last couple years so I know full well what the difference is in performance, and graphics quality everytime you upgrade your hardware.

I already how powerful of a machine the PS4 is with it's uninterrupted Data stream and unified synergy between The GPU, CPU and Shared access to 8 Gigs of DDR5 Memory.

I already know all this, and that's why I'm buying a PS4, because I know the Value I'm getting for my money and because I know it's potential capabilities as a graphics computing powerhouse.

I'm not arguing with anybody. I already made up my mind months ago.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              plenty if games runs 60fps at 1080p on Xbox one Ghost is not the best looking game looks current gen but this is weird the majority of their fanbase is on Xbox
              Maybe the weaker games like NBA 2K14 yes, but the Xbox can't handle the more Graphically demanding games.

Ghosts runs natively at 720p on Xbox One

Battlefield 4 Runs natively at 720p on Xbox One

Ryse runs natively at 900p on Xbox One

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/16...han-ps4s-1080p
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-31-2013, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                The PS4 is the more powerful, but the Xbox can run games at 1080p the 360 can and does. Of course for it to run at that resolution they have to cut back on other eye candy. Optimisation is much more important than hardware, it's never ending they could continually improve games on the PS3 and 360 forever. Using more powerful hardware is just far quicker and easier way to get a massive boost.
                You're right my bad, I haven't done nearly as much research on the xbox one because there's no way I can justify spending 100 dollars more on inferior hardware.

Here's the source of the 900p claims i'm talking about. Currently Forza and NBA 2k14 are the only games confirmed to run at 1080p on the Xbox one. Everything else is either 720p or maxes at 900p.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-31-2013, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I've got both on pre-order and paid for, regardless. I'm a bit of a collector. I may prefer my Ps4 of Xbone though. I've never really understood the PC crowd all that much though. 99% of the quality games on PC were more than likely developed to Ps4 and/or Xbone standards.

But unfortunately, I was put on a deployment at the last second, and I'm leaving November 8th -.- Won't get to toy around with either console. Worst ****ing luck.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                    You're right my bad, I haven't done nearly as much research on the xbox one because there's no way I can justify spending 100 dollars more on inferior hardware.

Here's the source of the 900p claims i'm talking about. Currently Forza and NBA 2k14 are the only games confirmed to run at 1080p on the Xbox one. Everything else is either 720p or maxes at 900p.

GHOST and NBA 2k14 are the only non PSN games on PS4 that confirmed to run 60fps at 1080p FPS is more important then native resolution of 1080p
                    BTW all xbox one games are upscaled to 1080p so you wont notice a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      GHOST and NBA 2k14 are the only non PSN games on PS4 that confirmed to run 60fps at 1080p FPS is more important then native resolution of 1080p
                      BTW all xbox one games are upscaled to 1080p so you wont notice a difference
                      Of course you'll notice a difference, upscaling can't add detail that isn't there to begin with. Games optimise for the PS4 are going to look better than the Xbox one versions simply because they have more power to use. Is it such a big difference for average Joe to care about? Time will tell.

Edit: Here.... see the difference between 1080p native and upscaled 720p (click to enlarge to really the difference).

Last edited by Jam Jars; 10-31-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X