Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playstation 4 News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teh world isn't ready for 4k, well their wallets aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
      I have absolutely no interest in the PS4 or any other console. What happened to me? I only use my PS3 for movies now.
      Me too. I just bought my PS3 a couple years ago, and have 30+ games for it. Recently, I haven't been playing at all, but I have been using it for its media player capabilities. I'm not even remotely interested in buying another console.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Me too. I just bought my PS3 a couple years ago, and have 30+ games for it. Recently, I haven't been playing at all, but I have been using it for its media player capabilities. I'm not even remotely interested in buying another console.
        I've been thinking on skipping out on consoles and just buying a high end gaming PC, or upgrading my PC to have better gaming specs. They cost an arm though.

I was looking at this one:

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/co...2%2C313&hide=1

But the price had me like

Comment

Comment

Damn, I was really looking forward to this announcement, as I was hoping this announcement would bring me back into the Sony fold after going with Microsoft after being disappointed with the PS3. However, I can't help but feel extremely letdown by this official unveiling.

That said, this was really nothing more than a glorified tech demo focusing mostly on hardware capabilities. Meanwhile, gaming's nucleus has been, and always will be gameplay. Which is why I'll withhold an official opinion until I see more gameplay footage and less in-game cinematic sequences.

Though I should stress that I'm not exactly optimistic about that, either. I'm not very optimistic about Microsoft's next-gen offering right now, either. It seems to me that both Sony and Microsoft are putting more and more effort into trying to appeal to a niche audience (casual/crossover gamers) than they are into satisfying their core fanbase of hardcore gamers.

A prime example of that is the addition of the social networking inspired 'share' button on the PS4 controller. I'm not even going to get started ranting about that uniquely obnoxious addition.

It just seems to me that modern developers are catering to a fringe demographic more and more while gamers are the ones being shafted for it : We have to re-up on our consoles every few years at the cost of $500, we get 2-3 AAA titles per console per year, we have devolpers and publishers cutting backroom deals with specific console makers that **** a lot of us out of games we were looking forward to, we have an increased focus on piss poor and repetitive 'Playstation Store' and 'Xbox Arcade' exclusives, we have a sea of cross platform suckfests with gameplay mechanics that haven't been original since the mid 2000s, we have rushed titles that hit store shelves loaded with glitches and require us to download patches and updates which often times make them even ****tier, etc....

**** hardware specs : I want to see some original ideas with some interesting gameplay mechanics for once.

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Damn, I was really looking forward to this announcement, as I was hoping this announcement would bring me back into the Sony fold after going with Microsoft after being disappointed with the PS3. However, I can't help but feel extremely letdown by this official unveiling.

That said, this was really nothing more than a glorified tech demo focusing mostly on hardware capabilities. Meanwhile, gaming's nucleus has been, and always will be gameplay. Which is why I'll withhold an official opinion until I see more gameplay footage and less in-game cinematic sequences.

Though I should stress that I'm not exactly optimistic about that, either. I'm not very optimistic about Microsoft's next-gen offering right now, either. It seems to me that both Sony and Microsoft are putting more and more effort into trying to appeal to a niche audience (casual/crossover gamers) than they are into satisfying their core fanbase of hardcore gamers.

A prime example of that is the addition of the social networking inspired 'share' button on the PS4 controller. I'm not even going to get started ranting about that uniquely obnoxious addition.

It just seems to me that modern developers are catering to a fringe demographic more and more while gamers are the ones being shafted for it : We have to re-up on our consoles every few years at the cost of $500, we get 2-3 AAA titles per console per year, we have devolpers and publishers cutting backroom deals with specific console makers that **** a lot of us out of games we were looking forward to, we have an increased focus on piss poor and repetitive 'Playstation Store' and 'Xbox Arcade' exclusives, we have a sea of cross platform suckfests with gameplay mechanics that haven't been original since the mid 2000s, we have rushed titles that hit store shelves loaded with glitches and require us to download patches and updates which often times make them even ****tier, etc....

**** hardware specs : I want to see some original ideas with some interesting gameplay mechanics for once.

/rant
              Reminds me of when Sony and Microsoft wanted a piece of the whole "motion detect games". It was one gimmicky feature after another. I betcha 95% of the people who bought motion detect use it as a dust collecter.

Why? Because very few people want to come home from school or work and dance/jump around like an asshole. Controller > anything but mouse&keyboard.

Proper bugfree gameplay > any gimmicky bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                Reminds me of when Sony and Microsoft wanted a piece of the whole "motion detect games". It was one gimmicky feature after another. I betcha 95% of the people who bought motion detect use it as a dust collecter.

Why? Because very few people want to come home from school or work and dance/jump around like an asshole. Controller > anything but mouse&keyboard.

Proper bugfree gameplay > any gimmicky bollocks.
                Exactly.

Look at all the money Microsoft and Sony lost on those devolpment failures.

Would've been must better spent acquiring more third-party IPs, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I've been thinking on skipping out on consoles and just buying a high end gaming PC, or upgrading my PC to have better gaming specs. They cost an arm though.

I was looking at this one:

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/co...2%2C313&hide=1

But the price had me like

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    A lot of people knew the PS4 announcement wasn't going to give people a whole lot. Basically the whole thing was to officially announce the secret most everyone knew already - that the PS4 would be released at the end of the year.

The E3 event is where Sony will show the actual console and display a lot of the new games and the capabilities. I think the E3 is mid-2013, so maybe around June. That's what people are excited for.

As far as the "share" button, game capturing and recording is very popular now days, it's huge for the fighting game community and other sports games in general. Also having the ability to watch people play games is important, again specifically for fighting games.
                    Last edited by ИATAS; 02-24-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I don't know what the deal is with people wanting to see the PS4. Just look at the launch PS2 and PS3, two black, fat boxes, with the PS3 being less boxy. One normal plastic, the other shiny plastic, but then was remade to cheaper normal plastic but still black. I will eat my words about the looks if PS4 actually comes out with some crazy looking, different colored console[Back to Grey/White like the PSOne? Some Red or Blue console?]. But I have a feeling it's going to be a medium sized black box like the last 2 gens. I have read that the next gen consoles will start looking more like computers, any one know anything about this?

Comment

Working...
                      X