Playstation 4 News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    why change the controller?
    I don't know, but we should take that with a grain of salt. This is not the first time Sony talked about controller changes for the PS.

Comment

What a shame, Brits.

The PlayStation 4 will be delayed until 2014 in Europe, a new report has suggested.

Sony's as-yet-unannounced console, which will reportedly be unveiled on February 20, will launch in North America and Japan in 2013 and Europe early the following year, according to Edge.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...#ixzz2JoiTDKlF
      Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Comment

Look at my cousin Kev hold shit down in my absence. Dominican Boss.

Comment

Lol. Can't leave such a precious forum to die out. Arcade forum=lower weight classes that get no love.

Gotta hand it to Bringer, Terrell, Bojangles and Fury for also keeping threads bumped with well-thought of posts.

Comment

I wonder what the starting price range will be.

I wanna say my OG PS3 was $700.

Comment

$400-450....

Comment

Yeah, I keep reading and every one keeps telling me $400.

Pretty cheap. The launch PS3 was so expensive because of the material it was made of and the backward compatibility. They downgraded it to a cheaper plastic and did away with the BC to make it $250.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Yeah, I keep reading and every one keeps telling me $400.

Pretty cheap. The launch PS3 was so expensive because of the material it was made of and the backward compatibility. They downgraded it to a cheaper plastic and did away with the BC to make it $250.
                  I just hope they don't lose quality & performance just to make the price lower (which I understand why since it will help a great deal in the "console war").

One of the main reasons I preferred the PS3 over the xbox is because it's a far superior machine.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    I'm going by what I see visually. RE4HD and GoW in HD looks to me, from my gameplay experience and own eyes, to hold it's own against PS3 graphics. My best friend has a huge HDTV, went I went in to his house he was playing RE4 HD on the PS3. I swore I asked him in excitement, "Is that a Resident Evil 4 remake for PS3 or what?". I genuinely thought the graphics were not too far off of PS3 graphics. It was just a PS2 game in HD and slightly enhanced graphics.

I'm sure the PS3 can pull this off too with one of it's last batch of games using the PS3's full potential.
                    It wouldnt be able too. The ps3 runs on basically a modified 7800 Nvidia, which came out sometime around 2005.

and the only big jump was from the psone to the ps2. The early games on the 360 were just a bit better than the xbox 1. Some of them were even modified ports If I recall.

If anything this is an even bigger jump technology wise, but it's harder to tell. I wouldn't be surprised if that scene had 4-5 times as many poly's as a current gen game.

If you wanted to jump from the UT4 to a 5th gen game, imagine how hard it would be to make it noticable? they would be very small but energy consuming enhancements.

right now games don't make full use of volumetric particles.

If you don't know what that is, basically..particles are 2d still most of the time.

3d particles means light can reflect off them at different angles etc, and it can filter light in different ways. Very demanding. especially if you wanted tons of small particles bouncing off walls realistically..you need a ****ton of cpu power.
                    Last edited by them_apples; 02-10-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Sony to launch PlayStation 4 in November at $429, $529

Sony's PlayStation 4 event is today, but that hasn't stopped the rumor mill from continuing to churn out details.

The console, which hasn't been officially named but is expected to be called the PlayStation 4, will be made available in November in the United States, gaming blog Kotaku is reporting, citing people who claim to have knowledge of the company's plans. Those same sources told Kotaku that the console will ship in two different versions and cost $429 and $529, respectively.

Sony is holding a special PlayStation event in New York City today. So far, the company has been tight-lipped on what it will announce, but just about every rumor has suggested a new PlayStation will be unveiled.
                      http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57570303-235/sony-to-launch-playstation-4-in-november-at-$429-$529-report/

Comment

Working...
                      X