No announcement yet.

Shenmue HD is Finished

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    "Yakuza" was definitely an homage from Sega to "Shenmue". That said, you probably wouldn't enjoy checking out either "Shenmue" or it's sequel nowadays. The games' engines have not aged well in the time since they were originally released. And this is coming from a hardcore fan of both games.

"Shenmue" was like a more PG version of "Yakuza". The combat system was similar, but there were no weapons, and there damn sure weren't any guns or swords. It was basically a very story-driven piece about the main character's quest for vengeance after his father is murdered. It blended elements from many genres, and it was either the kind of game that you either loved (like I did) or hated (like most everybody else did).

I've never heard someone say : "Shenmue? That game was alright."

It was either "I love that game" or "that game ****ing sucks".
    That last sentence definitely sounds like Yakuza. People either hate it or loathe it.

Comment

In their day, the Shenmue games were amongst the most ambitious video games ever made, featuring huge, living cities - Sega's Yakuza series is often considered their spiritual successor.
      Last edited by Florence76; 03-19-2012, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I haven’t ever played that game.

Comment

Amazing game. Great for it's time. I won't be playing the HD version of it. Imma let it rest in my memories.

Wish they would come out with a ps3 shenmue 3 or something. It'd be epic but the japanese have fallen off when it comes to making games. Just a few really get it right now-a-days.

Comment

last time i played this game was on my dreamcast along with resident evil code veronica........

Comment

Working...
            X