Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that i think of it and remember RE4, Leon was going after the presidents daughter, ashley, and now in the trailer we see the president........................ damn.

Comment

I hope that sexy bastard Nemesis is in. One of my all-time favourite video game characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post

release date: NOV 20 2012

_______

jan 20th 2011 - UPDATE

Capcom has officially announced Resident Evil 6. The game will be produced by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who previously produced Resident Evil 4.

It will be coming on November 20th to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and a PC version will follow later. The game will feature both single-player and co-op gameplay.

According to Capcom, the game's story is as follows: "It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President's side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world's population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left."

edit- Jan 18 2011 - UPDATE

Viral Website Teasing Resident Evil 6?
        No Hope Left
        January 17, 2012

A mysterious viral website may be hinting at the next game in the Resident Evil series. A blog containing several photos and videos appears at nohopeleft.com, featuring graffiti scrawled on various dilapidated walls and billboards.

Most notably, a biohazard symbol can be seen in several photos, and one of the site's blog posts bears the title "biohazard sign." In Japan, Biohazard is the name of the Resident Evil franchise.

One of the photos seen on nohopeleft.com. Note the Biohazard logo on the O, as well as the date.

The site's Whois registration data yields no direct link to Capcom, but sleuths on the NeoGAF forums have dug up an interesting connection. Searching for the site's Whois data on GoDaddy reveals that it's registered by "Identity Protection Service" in Surrey, United Kingdom.

Looking up the Whois data for viral site Inserted Evil (which contains logos for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and is confirmed to be connected to the game) yields the same Identity Protection Service Whois data, also tied to Surrey. Both sites also appear under the registrar "WEBFUSION LTD."

Still, there's no clear indication that the site has any relation to the Resident Evil franchise or Resident Evil 6, which has never been announced or even hinted at by Capcom. We reached out to Capcom, and the company told us they do not comment on rumors or speculation, which is a fairly standard response in situations like this.

One of the videos seen on the site hints at a threat outside. Could it be zombies?

While the evidence does seem to suggest Resident Evil, the site can't be taken as anything official, and any connection to Resident Evil is simply a rumor. This could easily be a viral campaign for any number of other post-apocalyptic properties, including movies and comic books.

It's worth noting that last year, a fake teaser trailer circulating during the Tokyo Game Show fooled many sites, so any news about RE6 should be taken with a grain of salt.

Many of the photos and videos on the site feature the date January 19, 2012, so we expect more details to trickle out in the coming days.

IGN

Update: One prominent photo on the site depicts a billboard, bearing the branding Primesight.

Gaming site The Sixth Axis contacted Primesight, who confirmed that Capcom is the company behind the billboard.
        I've played them all... so far from what i've seen this looks incredible. I can't wait to play this. the game looks super dark and there is allot of action plus horror elements. It looks like it has the best elements of 4 and 5 with the ambient background feel from outbreak. man i can't wait. This is so over the top. This could spawn the series all over again! I wish the re released or upgraded outbreak... i wonder if this will be the answer with some online co op. CAN't WAIT!!!!!! thanks bud~!

Comment

New Resident Evil 6 Details Revealed at Anniversary Event
          Third main character, mysterious enemy, and massive scale.

Executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi, producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and director Eiichiro Sasaki took the stage to share additional details beyond what had been shown in the trailer from earlier in the day.

The three shared similar sentiments in their opening comments. Noting that they've been working on the project in secret for years, they said they were glad to be able to announce it.

RE6 has the largest staff count in series history, said Hirabayashi. He gave a specific figure of around 150 people, but noted that when you add in overseas staff and other contributing parties, it comes to over 600.

Kobayashi said that the game is being made to be the "ultimate horror entertainment." He mentioned two key concepts:

* The fear that lies ahead (like maybe something will jump out at you when you turn the corner, and so-forth)
          * Everything is overwhelming -- the scale, the story, the feeling of being there.

Kobayashi also noted that zombies have finally returned to the series with RE6. Without going into details, he said that there are many secrets surrounding the game's zombies.

Zombies aren't the only enemies in the game. Kobayashi also shared a pic of the game's "Javo" creature, but did not provide details. He teased that it is a shocking existence that has even greater impact that the zombies.

Regarding the game's story and characters, Kobayashi mentioned the ability to play as Leon and Chris. These two were announced earlier in the day.

Kobayashi also revealed that the game has a third main character, another male lead. While Kobayashi would not share the character's name, he did share an image. The third main character is described as "the man who's told to save the world."

http://andriasang.com/comzps/re6_anniversary_details/

Comment

Franchise-milking at its finest.

Comment

ill be getting this one on release day. I love resident evil games my fav is re2 and 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
                Now that i think of it and remember RE4, Leon was going after the presidents daughter, ashley, and now in the trailer we see the president........................ damn.
                I thought I typed this yesterday. I said "Leon is talking to the president who turns in to a zombie. Then the blonde chick says something like "this is all my fault"". I guess the post didn't go through.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                  Franchise-milking at its finest.
                  Buzz killington.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
                    I hope that sexy bastard Nemesis is in. One of my all-time favourite video game characters.
                    Mr x from re 2 is de best.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                      ill be getting this one on release day. I love resident evil games my fav is re2 and 4.
                      Yup. RE2 and RE4 were my personal favorites as well.

Those Redfield fanboys slamming Leon for looking "emo" got disappointed with RE5.

Not that RE5 was bad, I just thought that RE4 was overall better, even though RE5 had more content to unlock. There was just something about RE5 that didn't allow me to enjoy it as MUCH as RE4.

"Morir es vivir...morir es vivir."

And as the poster "sick" said: Mr. X was a badass as well.

Nemesis was more terrifying, though. The dude had a rocket, would follow you through doors, and ran FASTER than you. God-damn, was Nemesis scary...

Comment

Working...
                      X