Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YESS! Chris AND Leon will both be playble characters in different storylines. Only bad thing is they will have partners, meaning co-op will be in this game again. Also Capcom says RE6 will be more in the middle of RE4 and RE5, they will try to mix the horror/action a bit better this time. I guess it's safe to say they're not going back to the mansion/police department gameplay. And it looks like it will be in China, or at least there will be some gameplay in China, it says it will be "Global", so it's all over.

Good find Ether. Keep us updated. Hopefully the logo and all of these rumors are not false again. Capcom refuses to comment/confirm on any of this.

Comment

For the first time in Resident Evil history, Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield will both be playable characters in Capcom's ambitious sixth main entry in its survival horror series. Sources within the development team have started to give IGN a broad picture of the game's scope, which certainly seems larger than any Resident Evil title we've seen so far. This news comes on the heels of the leaked logo and release date for the game.

Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy will not be alone in this new game. Both Chris and Leon will have unnamed partners of their own, teaming up in similar fashion to the Chris Redfield/Jessica Sherawat and Jill Valentine/Parker Luciani pairings in Resident Evil Revelations. Sources tell us Chris and Leon will have seperate stories in the game that will eventually overlap in some capacity.

We're also told Ada Wong will have a playable role in the game, though not immediately. It appears as though the Ada storyline will become available to players after the Chris and Leon arcs have been completed, plus a third primary narrative featuring a new character. Any of the three main story branches will be selectable early on in the game, allowing players to see each storyline through to completion before starting another one.

Resident Evil 6 is also set to take place across the globe, including China, which has been an often-rumored location for months. VentureBeat reports the RE6 development team is the "same internal Japanese team that has worked on previous entries." That same report suggests this game is being styled after both Resident Evil 4 and 5, attempting to find a middle ground between horror and action.

When contacted, Capcom stated it would not comment on rumors, reports or speculation. IGN sources have also given us the Resident Evil 6 logo and release date.

IGN

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        That would be pretty cool to play. New place, new experiences. It'll probably be Jill though unless the ds games are canon. I wouldn't mind playing with Leon again. He's my favorite of the bunch.

I just hope the gameplay is different. It's a new day and age, can we get a free form game from them for once? I don't mean sandbox but not the same dreamcast-like feel of the gameplay anymore.
        Looks like it will be, for the first time ever, Chris and Leon in the same game. Unfortunately not together.

This is like Al Pacino and Robert De Niro sharing the same scene for the same time in Heat. Two legendary game characters in the same game. This game will be epic, I just know it will.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
          For the first time in Resident Evil history, Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield will both be playable characters in Capcom's ambitious sixth main entry in its survival horror series. Sources within the development team have started to give IGN a broad picture of the game's scope, which certainly seems larger than any Resident Evil title we've seen so far. This news comes on the heels of the leaked logo and release date for the game.

Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy will not be alone in this new game. Both Chris and Leon will have unnamed partners of their own, teaming up in similar fashion to the Chris Redfield/Jessica Sherawat and Jill Valentine/Parker Luciani pairings in Resident Evil Revelations. Sources tell us Chris and Leon will have seperate stories in the game that will eventually overlap in some capacity.

We're also told Ada Wong will have a playable role in the game, though not immediately. It appears as though the Ada storyline will become available to players after the Chris and Leon arcs have been completed, plus a third primary narrative featuring a new character. Any of the three main story branches will be selectable early on in the game, allowing players to see each storyline through to completion before starting another one.

Resident Evil 6 is also set to take place across the globe, including China, which has been an often-rumored location for months. VentureBeat reports the RE6 development team is the "same internal Japanese team that has worked on previous entries." That same report suggests this game is being styled after both Resident Evil 4 and 5, attempting to find a middle ground between horror and action.

When contacted, Capcom stated it would not comment on rumors, reports or speculation. IGN sources have also given us the Resident Evil 6 logo and release date.

IGN
          Ether, when this game comes out and it ends up being co-op, you better play it with me.

Comment

Bro, we already got the platinum for RE6 it's a done deal. And I know you won't mind immediately starting on Veteran.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
              Bro, we already got the platinum for RE6 it's a done deal. And I know you won't mind immediately starting on Veteran.
              Lol come on man I'm not on your level. We starting at Rookie. You are at boss level, RE games play you, you don't play them. They have to beat you. You are The Game. Resident Ether 6.

Comment

All I want is RDR2.

I need to be a cowboy.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Lol come on man I'm not on your level. We starting at Rookie. You are at boss level, RE games play you, you don't play them. They have to beat you. You are The Game. Resident Ether 6.
                  True story. I was the nemesis chasing RE3 throughout.

That's what RE6 needs, a scary, unpredictable, unstoppable thing to chase you through the game entirely constantly keeping you aware and paranoid.

Comment

Resident Evil 6 Confirmed
                    Along with story details and preorder incentives.

FIRST OFFICIAL TRAILER

Comment

Capcom has officially announced Resident Evil 6. The game will be produced by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who previously produced Resident Evil 4.

It will be coming on November 20th to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and a PC version will follow later. The game will feature both single-player and co-op gameplay.

According to Capcom, the game's story is as follows: "It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President's side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world's population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left."

Resident Evil 6 will also receive preorder bonuses at GameStop, Best Buy and Amazon. According to Capcom, each retailer "will each get an exclusive map that will function with various modes in the game."

A viral site teased Resident Evil 6 earlier this week, using the tagline "No Hope Left" and depicting a biohazard sign on graffiti and billboards. Videos hinted at a post-apocalyptic story, and the site was later tied to Capcom through its Whois data and billboard advertisements.

Resident Evil 5 was one of the best-reviewed games of 2009, despite its co-op elements being a controversial departure for the franchise. It went on to sell over five million copies worldwide, making it the best-selling Resident Evil game ever.

Be sure to check out our exclusive first details on Resident Evil 6, including the fact that Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy will be playable characters.

IGN

Comment

Working...
                      X