Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy: Which did you find to be the best one?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ether View Post

Out of FF, who is everyones favorite?

Cloud the GOAT.

Villain: Sephiroth

Hero: Cid

Female: Rikku

I can't wait for a villain that is as bad ass as Sephiroth but with a "I fuck shit up because I want to." personality. Not an emo one.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Villain: Sephiroth

Hero: Cid

Female: Rikku

I can't wait for a villain that is as bad ass as Sephiroth but with a "I fuck shit up because I want to." personality. Not an emo one.
      Actually Sephiroth isn't like that at all, he has a very specific agenda. What you just described matches Kefka, not him. Also, you do realize there's been a Cid in every single FF game right?

The primary issue here seems to be that the vast majority of people are of the extremely young variety and never played anything prior to VII, so this may as well be almost a "What's your favorite among FFVII and later?" thread.
      Last edited by Miburo; 08-23-2011, 10:58 PM.

Comment

This may seem like a dumb ass question but can your PS2 EMU play ps1 games? before you invest in long ass FF12 which is politically boring and has shit low character development, try: Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy Tactics.

The FF9 card game totally sucked compared to FF8s.

Out of FF, who is everyones favorite?

Cloud the GOAT.
        Cloud is ****ed up in the head, homeboy has delusions of grandeur riding the coattails of Zack I would say Shadow, and it isn't even close, brutal character ("He owes allegiance to no one, and will do anything for money. Hidden behind his wintry gaze lies a face known to none who live..."). But if you mean main protagonist, probably Cecil.
        Last edited by Miburo; 08-23-2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
          Cloud is ****ed up in the head, homeboy has delusions of grandeur riding the coattails of Zack I would say Shadow, and it isn't even close, brutal character ("He owes allegiance to no one, and will do anything for money. He comes and goes like the wind..."). But if you mean main protagonist, probably Cecil.

Comment

Actually Sephiroth isn't like that at all, he has a very specific agenda. What you just described matches Kefka, not him. Also, you do realize there's been a Cid in every single FF game right?

The primary issue here seems to be that the vast majority of people are of the extremely young variety and never played anything prior to VII, so this may as well be almost a "What's your favorite among FFVII and later?" thread.

FF1 was actually my first for NES, and I agree. Kefka matches those certain villain points Flicker was asking about, even though i've yet to play FFVI, i've heard insane things about Kefka, plus i beat his short story in Dissidia for PSP. Yes it's a FF Tradition to have a Cid in the game, rather it be a pedestrian or a important character.

Cloud is ****ed up in the head, homeboy has delusions of grandeur riding the coattails of Zack I would say Shadow, and it isn't even close, brutal character ("He owes allegiance to no one, and will do anything for money. Hidden behind his wintry gaze lies a face known to none who live..."). But if you mean main protagonist, probably Cecil.
            That's what makes Cloud so fucking unique, this motherfucker REALLY thought he was the shit, thought he was a S class soldier and hero. Come to find out he's just a mere clone with what was it? 10-20% MAKO in him? can't remember exactly, completely inferior to Sephiroth.

Also, have you played and beat Tactics?

Comment

FF1 was actually my first for NES, and I agree. Kefka matches those certain villain points Flicker was asking about, even though i've yet to play FFVI, i've heard insane things about Kefka, plus i beat his short story in Dissidia for PSP. Yes it's a FF Tradition to have a Cid in the game, rather it be a pedestrian or a important character.

That's what makes Cloud so fucking unique, this motherfucker REALLY thought he was the shit, thought he was a S class soldier and hero. Come to find out he's just a mere clone with what was it? 10-20% MAKO in him? can't remember exactly, completely inferior to Sephiroth.

Also, have you played and beat Tactics?
              The NES games are fairly imperfect, especially the first one, which is tedious as hell. III is basically a remake of it, so it's actually a better idea to just play that, even though it's much harder.

Cloud got Mako injected in him when he was being experimented on in Shinra Mansion. Prior to that he was just a scrub, but that gave him superhuman strength, etc. like a SOLDIER member, though since he wasn't suited to be a real SOLDIER (why he failed when he enlisted) he ate all the mental instability side affects.

I played tactics until halfway through the last chapter then ended up dropping it, things came up. Need to finish it one of these days, it has by far the best story of any of those games, even though it's not true a FF.

Comment

The NES games are fairly imperfect, especially the first one, which is tedious as hell. III is basically a remake of it, so it's actually a better idea to just play that, even though it's much harder.

Cloud got Mako injected in him when he was being experimented on in Shinra Mansion. Prior to that he was just a scrub, but that gave him superhuman strength, etc. like a SOLDIER member, though since he wasn't suited to be a real SOLDIER (why he failed when he enlisted) he ate all the mental instability side affects.

I played tactics until halfway through the last chapter then ended up dropping it, things came up. Need to finish it one of these days, it has by far the best story of any of those games, even though it's not true a FF.

Trust me bro, i got FF1 on my cellphone, the shit is tedious as can be. And hard. I won't spoil FFT, but it surprised me, it was actually dark as hell. Murder, Lies, betrayal. I loved the Lynx/Serge's dad twist on CC, Lynx is one of my fav villains ever. When they made you switch bodies and you got to see what the everyday pain of being demi-human was
                in that world, Chrono Cross owns.

Did you know that...
                ...that the first Final Fantasy game released in Europe was Final Fantasy Mystic Quest?
                ...Guy can talk to beavers?
                ...Poison is the most recurring status ailment in the series, appearing in every installment?
                ...There are over ten different names used for summons in the series?

...the PAL version of Final Fantasy X-2 was released one day before the International Version?
                ...The Magic Knight' job class from Final Fantasy IIIs original NES version shared the some attributes of Paladin and Dark Knight job classes?
                ..."Esper" was the first alternate name used for summoned monsters?
                ...Cait Sith has appeared since Final Fantasy IV?

from the FF WIKI
                Last edited by Ether; 08-24-2011, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Trust me bro, i got FF1 on my cellphone, the shit is tedious as can be. And hard.
                  They ported III DS for android or iphone I believe. I was surprised to find that IV DS is significantly more difficult than IV Hardtype, which was already no pushover. The NES version of III though is notorious.

Comment

Working...
                  X