Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E3 2011 Thread (Announcements & New Games)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ether View Post
    oh ****

E3 2011: Could PS3 + PS Vita = Wii U?
    How Nintendo's new way to play could be brought to you by Sony.

Upon first glance Nintendo seems to have once again revealed an entirely new and unique way to experience videogames. The Wii U controller, with its iPad-with-buttons design and its ability to work as a companion screen to your HDTV is undoubtedly cool, at least based off the conceptual demos and trailers Nintendo teased in its press conference and on the E3 show floor.

But is this 'new way to play' a gaming setup that is exclusive to Nintendo? Perhaps not. It's possible if not entirely likely that Sony will be able to deliver similar experiences this Christmas and beyond with the PlayStation Vita and PS3 working in tandem, and before the Wii U even has a chance to release.

The price of a PS3 and PS Vita combined would presumably be more expensive than a Wii U and its controller, but if you are already one of the 50 million PS3 owners worldwide then $249 USD for the Wi-Fi PS Vita could be more appealing than shelling out for the Wii U – with the added bonus of gaining a genuine portable entertainment device that you can throw in your bag and play with away from home.

Sony certainly has experience with a setup similar to Nintendo's WiiU with its Remote Play service for PS3, which allows PSP owners to browse and stream content from their PlayStation 3 console. And though largely unheralded, Lair – one of the very earliest titles for the PS3 – allowed the player to stream the game to their PSP screen with no lag. The downside was the sacrifice of control – the PSP only has one thumbstick when the game needed two to perform adequately. But such issues won't arise with the PS Vita, given it practically has every control interface type known to man – from twin sticks to touch screens.

Of course, there are plenty of other factors to consider. No specifications for the Wii U console itself have been revealed, and the final console could well be uber powerful, play Blu-rays, vacuum your carpet – who knows? But the point is: do you want to make space for a new (admittedly tiny) box under your TV, or do you want to make room in your bag for a new handheld?

ign
    Go to

http://press.nintendo.com/E32011/

name: E32011
    password: nitnendo

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
      Come on questionmark, I'm not saying they shouldn't add enemies. I'm just saying they can add a bit of varity for me, the player.
      I'd personally rather Naughty Dog spend the time improving the gameplay and making the single player longer and better than them spending time making more enemies that just look slightly different.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
        I'd personally rather Naughty Dog spend the time improving the gameplay and making the single player longer and better than them spending time making more enemies that just look slightly different.
        different enemies with different roles = Different tactics to bring them down, new scenario's, more varity and last but need least a chance for you to use your brain a little bit

Comment

I'll always be with Naughtydog because these are the same people who made Crash Bandicoot years ago, sure it was no big deal but they've stayed and came along way, either skyrim or uncharted 3 will be goty. Most likely the multiplatform. PC versions are superior, don't even get me started on how much Oblivion was superior on PC, i couldn't tell it was the same game at first,

for my 360 users,

New Xbox Experience 2011 Dashboard update coming this fall

During the Microsoft E3 press conference today it was announced that the Xbox Live dashboard will be getting an update, complete with a redesign that resembles the recently revealed Windows 8. The new version of the software will feature voice commands via Kinect, Microsoft’s search engine Bing and Youtube. There will also be a new live TV feature that will allow you to watch TV through your Xbox so as to not interrupt the entertainment experience. Partnerships with international television providers like SkyTV in the UK were also announced.

Comment

different enemies with different roles = Different tactics to bring them down, new scenario's, more varity and last but need least a chance for you to use your brain a little bit
            There are plenty of different enemies in Uncharted 2 already.

Comment

There are plenty of different enemies in Uncharted 2 already.
              ??? = Most stubborn fanboy EVER!

It's cool, I've said my piece. You're wrong and I'm right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
                I'll always be with Naughtydog because these are the same people who made Crash Bandicoot years ago, sure it was no big deal but they've stayed and came along way, either skyrim or uncharted 3 will be goty. Most likely the multiplatform. PC versions are superior, don't even get me started on how much Oblivion was superior on PC, i couldn't tell it was the same game at first,
                I played Crash Bandicoot a ton as a kid. Great game!

Also Ratchet and Clank. haven't played the later ones but had fond memories of the first ones in the franchise!!

Comment

Xbox also made games with kinect into it.
                  Like giving VOICE COMMANDS in Mass Effect 3, WHY NOT JUST USE THE HEADSET FOR IT.
                  The new dashboard is even more casualized. Dohohoho, easier and much more ways for them to take loadsamone from ya.

**** XBOX. Atleast Sony tries to act like they like gaming, or Nintendo who keeps rehashing ****.
                  2 games for XBOX without kinect = Gears 3 and ****ing....

Comment

??? = Most stubborn fanboy EVER!

It's cool, I've said my piece. You're wrong and I'm right.
                    No am I am not, you're just nitpicking.

Comment

No am I am not, you're just nitpicking.
                      Now you're being stubborn again

This should cheer you up

Comment

Working...
                      X