Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E3 2011 Thread (Announcements & New Games)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
    Actually Gear of war 3 multiplayer looks real fly so far!

Uncharted 2 isn't a bad game, it's just overhyped as fuck. It would take very little to make it great though. More varity, better puzzles and maybe some character development if they feel like taking a chance.

The graphics is great, the gameplay is fluent and the locations looks good. It still doesn't help the fact that it puts me to sleep after 3 hours of killing the same clones over and over..
    What do you expect Naughty Dog to do? Come up with hundereds of individual enemies?

They're not even main characters in the game, once you've killed them who cares what they look like. They're just put into the game to make it more fun and more difficult.

Comment

The most badass thing I saw was the no split screen @ PS3 CO-OP through 3D glasses, goddamn!

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
        What do you expect Naughty Dog to do? Come up with hundereds of individual enemies?

They're not even main characters in the game, once you've killed them who cares what they look like. They're just put into the game to make it more fun and more difficult.
        If game developers idea of a great game is adding more cloned enemies for the meat grinder (you) they need some imagination. I'm very interested in how the third installation will play out. if it's simply uncharted 2 with new locations I'm gonna be dissapointed..

Comment

If game developers idea of a great game is adding more cloned enemies for the meat grinder (you) they need some imagination. I'm very interested in how the third installation will play out. if it's simply uncharted 2 with new locations I'm gonna be dissapointed..
          Then you better ignore Modern Warfare 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
            Then you better ignore Modern Warfare 3.
            Trust me I'll avoid it like the plague!

Comment

Seriously, you're nitpicking here.

Without enemies all you would have to do is run from the start of one area and to the exit. That wouldn't be much fun.

Comment

>Launches: 2012
                >Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
                >New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.
                >Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ and Wii Balance Board™.

>Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

>Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

>Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

>Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

>CPU: IBM PowerŪ-based multi-core microprocessor.

>Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.
                >(Taken from the Nintendo E3 2011 Press Release)

>Games announced: Smash Brothers, Battlefield 3, Batman: Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon Online, Darksiders II, Dirt, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Metro: Last Light, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden 3, FIFA 12, Madden 12, Driver, Lego City Stories

>Other facts: (GTTV interview with Reggie, thanks to hiero and others)

>The price point of the system will be competitive to the current prices of the PS3, 360 in terms of value
                >The games shown for Wii U at the show were actually PS3 and 360 versions but the Wii U will look the same or better
                >No BluRay Support
                >Controller's screen is single-touch
                >Backwards compatible with the Wii's Games, but no upscaling is done
                >Nintendo Online system to be announced by the end of the week

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
                  Seriously, you're nitpicking here.

Without enemies all you would have to do is run from the start of one area and to the exit. That wouldn't be much fun.
                  Come on questionmark, I'm not saying they shouldn't add enemies. I'm just saying they can add a bit of varity for me, the player.

Comment

http://www.ustream.tv/battlefield3

Comment

oh ****

E3 2011: Could PS3 + PS Vita = Wii U?
                      How Nintendo's new way to play could be brought to you by Sony.

Upon first glance Nintendo seems to have once again revealed an entirely new and unique way to experience videogames. The Wii U controller, with its iPad-with-buttons design and its ability to work as a companion screen to your HDTV is undoubtedly cool, at least based off the conceptual demos and trailers Nintendo teased in its press conference and on the E3 show floor.

But is this 'new way to play' a gaming setup that is exclusive to Nintendo? Perhaps not. It's possible if not entirely likely that Sony will be able to deliver similar experiences this Christmas and beyond with the PlayStation Vita and PS3 working in tandem, and before the Wii U even has a chance to release.

The price of a PS3 and PS Vita combined would presumably be more expensive than a Wii U and its controller, but if you are already one of the 50 million PS3 owners worldwide then $249 USD for the Wi-Fi PS Vita could be more appealing than shelling out for the Wii U – with the added bonus of gaining a genuine portable entertainment device that you can throw in your bag and play with away from home.

Sony certainly has experience with a setup similar to Nintendo's WiiU with its Remote Play service for PS3, which allows PSP owners to browse and stream content from their PlayStation 3 console. And though largely unheralded, Lair – one of the very earliest titles for the PS3 – allowed the player to stream the game to their PSP screen with no lag. The downside was the sacrifice of control – the PSP only has one thumbstick when the game needed two to perform adequately. But such issues won't arise with the PS Vita, given it practically has every control interface type known to man – from twin sticks to touch screens.

Of course, there are plenty of other factors to consider. No specifications for the Wii U console itself have been revealed, and the final console could well be uber powerful, play Blu-rays, vacuum your carpet – who knows? But the point is: do you want to make space for a new (admittedly tiny) box under your TV, or do you want to make room in your bag for a new handheld?

ign

Comment

Working...
                      X