No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto V (Official Thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    lol, that isn't grand theft auto. GTA is a protagonist who did some F-ed up stuff in his past, then tries to find a new life but has to undergo trials and tribulations to get there. With the ending never showing the protagonist finding his salvation/happiness.
    Yeah, and that type of character have been played out by now.. The criminal with the conscience who just gets pulled back in the game he tried to leave behind.

Rockstar needs to spice up the characters a bit!

Like Red Dead Redemption man.. I LOVED that game, game of the year for me.. but come on, the story did NOT fit my actions..

I would tie up prostitutes and put'em on traintracks, tie up people and feed'em to wild animals, shoot random drunks, get into bar fights and shoot the idiot when he hit me, steal, cheat etc etc..

But as soon as the story began like *spoiler* When that mexican al pacino is raping a few girls, my char John gets all sensitive over the whore?

What the fuck man?

Don't give me complete freedom and then force my character to be a pussy bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
      I doubt highly that Max Payne will be released this year. It's supposed to be coming out in a few months yet i've heard no hype about.

I'm not complaining though. Rockstar makes my favorite games so i don't mind when they take their time, just ripped LA Noire in half and i still play it.

IMHO I think LA Noire is going to be the major release this year, Max Payne next year & if the world doesn't end then GTA 5 in 2013.
      Max Payne 3 is more than half done, Remedy is not doing it. It's Rockstar still but the people who brought you Max 1 and 2 are working on Alan Wake 2. Hence the new Max Payne being bald with a goatee in brazil...... trust me it'll be out later this year, and it isn't anything to worry about...

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
      Yeah, and that type of character have been played out by now.. The criminal with the conscience who just gets pulled back in the game he tried to leave behind.

Like Red Dead Redemption man.. I LOVED that game, game of the year for me.. but come on, the story did NOT fit my actions..

I would tie up prostitutes and put'em on traintracks, tie up people and feed'em to wild animals, shoot random drunks, get into bar fights and shoot the idiot when he hit me, steal, cheat etc etc..

But as soon as the story began like *spoiler* When that mexican al pacino is raping a few girls, my char John gets all sensitive over the whore?

What the fuck man?

Red Dead. Another well written story, ending was fanfuckingtastic.

Comment

What the fuck man?

^^^^this......

Comment

well ive been a loyal fan of the gta series since the early days and i must say gta4 by far has been my favorite. I mean niko is just so badass man his story reminds me of my uncles life when he came from mexico as an immigrant and started workin as a dishwasher and gets into the life of crime in just days after gettin here. The way the story is crafted and the decisions that you had a choice to make really made the game different from other gtas. However san andreas was crazy and to me was longer than gta4 i really enjoyed that one too. I hope that in the NEW gta they make the main character a hispanic kinda like the one in ballad of gay tony. But im sure that whoever they put will make an awesome character no doubt.

Comment

So, what i am understanding is you would like to be able to control the actions of your character on the main storyline. Like when you have the option to kill someone or let them live but have a greater impact on the main story?

Sounds sorta difficult to me. The closest thing to that on next gen consoles IMO is Mass Effect series. You hump this chick, let her die, import to the sequal, that chick gone and everyone knows you bumped uglies with her.

I just want gang wars back. I want to have my own gang though. Create one from scratch. choose your colors/symbol. start from nothing, just 2-3 homies. fight for turf, sell dope, tag, extort people, racketeering, boosting, prostitution. All that stuff. That would be hard. I wouldn't do it in real life, i like not being in prison but on a video game? Shiiieeeet, all things goes.

Comment

I just want gang wars back. I want to have my own gang though. Create one from scratch. choose your colors/symbol. start from nothing, just 2-3 homies. fight for turf, sell dope, tag, extort people, racketeering, boosting, prostitution. All that stuff. That would be hard. I wouldn't do it in real life, i like not being in prison but on a video game? Shiiieeeet, all things goes.
              I wasnt really a fan of San Andreas but Id love for gang wars to come back, they would have been great in GTA4 aswell, you sometimes see gang members driving about in cars but they are few and far between.

Also bring back bmx's and mountain bikes. They were the dogs bollocks.

Oh and also countryside and deserts or general similar open areas, it was great fun driving around them.

Apparantly the next GTA is supposed to be set in LA, pretty dissapointed to be honest, so sick of LA in video games, especially after LA noire.....wish they would do a GTA in the UK, that would be mint.

Comment

So, what i am understanding is you would like to be able to control the actions of your character on the main storyline. Like when you have the option to kill someone or let them live but have a greater impact on the main story?

Sounds sorta difficult to me. The closest thing to that on next gen consoles IMO is Mass Effect series. You hump this chick, let her die, import to the sequal, that chick gone and everyone knows you bumped uglies with her.

I wouldn't have minded a few choices in Red Dead, Flick. Like when that Mexican Al Pacino is raping those chicks there shoulde be the option:
                1. redemption - Get all sensitive over it
                2. Psycho - Go over there and join the fun and rape a girl
                3. maniac - Shoot the mexican al pacino in the face (story ends)

THAt my friend.. would make the game a 10/10 hands down.

It would allow my char to act in story mode like he does in free roam!

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
                  Apparantly the next GTA is supposed to be set in LA, pretty dissapointed to be honest, so sick of LA in video games, especially after LA noire.....wish they would do a GTA in the UK, that would be mint.
                  Yeah. It's basically a san andreas remake but with gta4 graphics and engine.

I don't think it would work in the UK. The law of citizens not owning guns kinda pwns GTA. Same reason why a tokyo gta would be hard to do.

I wouldn't have minded a few choices in Red Dead, Flick. Like when that Mexican Al Pacino is raping those chicks there shoulde be the option:

I see what you mean. Like Fallout 3 or Mass Effect 2.

Have different options that effect the story line, one way or another.

Comment

Yeah. It's basically a san andreas remake but with gta4 graphics and engine.

I don't think it would work in the UK. The law of citizens not owning guns kinda pwns GTA. Same reason why a tokyo gta would be hard to do.

I see what you mean. Like Fallout 3 or Mass Effect 2.

Have different options that effect the story line, one way or another.
                    It wouldn't really change all that much really since John, Nico whoever is gonna do evil deeds regardless of you like it or not. It'll just give you different responses to it before you do it.

Comment

So you basically want a game like Heavy Rain?

Comment

Working...
                      X