Collapse
No announcement yet.

OUCH, FF13 only gets an 8.4 on IGN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well FF13 is being praised for it's battle system, regardless if turn based. I prefer both active or wait, FFX was sick. Edge Magazine ripped the game to shreds but atleast commended the battle system. Apparently the first 30 hours aren't as good and the game doesn't kick in til after about 17-30 hours in.

Earl, what do you know about The Last Guardian ?

Comment

FF13 is similar to the movie Avatar in my opinion the spend millions on graphics but nothing on plot/story

Comment

I am not a FF fan, I am also not a fanboy, but my buddy told me that they really had alot of limitations in the making of this game. I doubt 360 users want 4 disc to come with the game. I guess the game was suppose to be open world to.

Comment

Originally posted by one-Punch View Post
          I am not a FF fan, I am also not a fanboy, but my buddy told me that they really had alot of limitations in the making of this game. I doubt 360 users want 4 disc to come with the game. I guess the game was suppose to be open world to.
          Yep, i bet they had to change and strip out a lot to make it for the 360. I'm looking forward to Versus 13, which won't suffer because of the 360's lack of disc space.

Comment

Blah blah blah.

Opinions are like arseholes... everybody has one!

How many times has a professional critic slated a movie that you have ended up loving.

How people can judge a game on a rating before they have even played it is beyond me. People are putting FF13 down in this thread as if they already own it. Fair enough it might end up being **** but atleast give it a go before you make up your mind
            Last edited by Tuggers1986; 03-07-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
              Blah blah blah.

Opinions are like arseholes... everybody has one!

How many times has a professional critic slated a movie that you have ended up loving.
              How people can judge a game on a rating before they have even played it is beyond me. People are putting FF13 down in this thread as if they already own it. Fair enough it might end up being **** but atleast give it a go before you make up your mind
              I am not an FF fan. Never have been.

But you are right about the movie comparison. Happens all the time.

Comment

Im not really a huge fan either but I played FF8 10 years ago and really enjoyed it so im more than willing to give this a whirl.

If it doesnt live up to the hype then so what, it's only a computer game

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
                  Well FF13 is being praised for it's battle system, regardless if turn based. I prefer both active or wait, FFX was sick. Edge Magazine ripped the game to shreds but atleast commended the battle system. Apparently the first 30 hours aren't as good and the game doesn't kick in til after about 17-30 hours in.

Earl, what do you know about The Last Guardian ?
                  I think Edge giving the game 5/10 only points to one thing and that is that they were probably expecting far too much of the game.

I can imagine we've all looked forward to a movie so much that when you see it you feel let down and disappointed. Then when you have a chance to look back and reflect you realise that it is actually good but you just feel disappointed because you expected more.

Am I right in saying that FF7 was very lineal at the beginning?? It was as far as I remember and all people who know the game know it is rated very very highly amongst Final Fantasy AND oldschool game fans

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                    I think Edge giving the game 5/10 only points to one thing and that is that they were probably expecting far too much of the game.
                    Or maybe they're just harsh pricks? IGN giving White Knight Chronicles a 5 was deserved, this place giving FF13 a 5 is a joke, and unrealistic.

I can imagine we've all looked forward to a movie so much that when you see it you feel let down and disappointed. Then when you have a chance to look back and reflect you realise that it is actually good but you just feel disappointed because you expected more.

Reminds me of The Sopranos finale.

Am I right in saying that FF7 was very lineal at the beginning?? It was as far as I remember and all people who know the game know it is rated very very highly amongst Final Fantasy AND oldschool game fans
                    FF7 was groundbreaking at its time, 1997 there was nothing like it. And the writing was superb, but yeah.. i guess it was linear at the beginning.

i also will say Chrono Cross was another amazing turn based game.

Comment

dont mind Inferno, he's just a hater

Comment

Working...
                      X