Microsoft buys Activision/Blizzard for 68.7 billion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft buys Activision/Blizzard for 68.7 billion

Gawwdamn....

None of us nerds have anything to say about this, lol.

Anyways, I thought the Zenimax-Bethesda was a huge get, but this is nearly 9 times bigger.

Imagine no COD on PlayStation anymore....

Comment

Microsoft are not phucking around.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        Microsoft are not phucking around.
        Yeah, I'd say spending 75+ billion in a span of 15 months shows they are invested.

Was one of the questions for years what would happen if Microsoft really opened up the bank vault regarding the Xbox division.

Comment

I seriously doubt COD will ever be an xbox exclusive.

I hope some COD titles come to game pass. Never played any in the series. I always gravitated towards the battlefield franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            I seriously doubt COD will ever be an xbox exclusive.

I hope some COD titles come to game pass. Never played any in the series. I always gravitated towards the battlefield franchise.
            After the marketing deal runs out for Sony/Playstation on COD in 2023, who knows.

Related news, Sony just acquired Bungie fot 3.6 billion today.

Comment

I hope the dude negotiating the deal for Activision put on a Dr Evil voice when asking for that much.

Comment

Anybody following this, looks like it's a done deal.

Had a feeling it wasn't going to be cut and dry when it was first announced, but damn, looks like it's official.

Good, bad, indifferent, Microsoft as a company is the Elephant behind the "console".

Wonder no more if they don't take it "serious".

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 5O View Post
                  Anybody following this, looks like it's a done deal.

Had a feeling it wasn't going to be cut and dry when it was first announced, but damn, looks like it's official.

Good, bad, indifferent, Microsoft as a company is the Elephant behind the "console".

Wonder no more if they don't take it "serious".
                  I think Microsoft fucked themselves with the Xbox one launch. No backward compatibility, DRM, the mic always listening and poor Kinect support after they pushed so hard to sell it as a peripheral.

A lot of PS customers were ready to switch until that launch.

Also lack of exclusive games, something they are obviously trying to remedy but they suck at making their own exclusive titles.

They've upped there game a lot since, but it's a big hit they took.

Gamepass has definitely been a game changer for them so the future is promising as long as they don't screw it up themselves again.

Comment

Working...
                  X