No announcement yet.

Mame.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mame.

I was wondering if anybody is familliar with Mame? It stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. Basically it lets you play any arcade game on your pc. Some versions of Mame come with netplay so it's pretty sweet.

There are thousands of game going from Metal Slug to Street Fighter III: 3rd strike to house of the dead.

It's hard to figure it out at first but once you find the right version for your OS it's pretty simple.

I have been playing street fighter 3 a lot and man that might just be the best 2d fighter ever.

If some of you guys are interesting ill post links and explain how to get it working.

Yeah, I've been playing it for a few years. I played SFIII a fair bit, but mainly the games that I played as a kid, like the 4 player Simpsons scrolling beat 'em up. Was nice to finally complete it so many years later.

You ever play winmugen? That's worth getting hold of if you enjoy beat 'em ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Yeah, I've been playing it for a few years. I played SFIII a fair bit, but mainly the games that I played as a kid, like the 4 player Simpsons scrolling beat 'em up. Was nice to finally complete it so many years later.

You ever play winmugen? That's worth getting hold of if you enjoy beat 'em ups.
      I tried to get Mugen to work a couple of times, it never really worked. It's complicated as hell.

Is WinMugen any different?

Comment

I think it's the same thing, not sure. On my PC it's called 'no limit winmugen'.

I had some problems with getting certain characters to be recognized by the game, but 90% of them work fine.

Comment

yes I use mame...and if anyone wanted to face me online...

DON"T you'd get your ass kicked in SFA

Comment

Yea I play mame sometimes, marvel vs capcom mostly, I pwn all in sight at that and some king of fighters.. Mugen suks, I got bored of it so fast, since there's no online play.

Comment

The only thing i'm haiting with mame is that its the arcade versions of these games. Like street fighter III 3rd strike on dreamcast was great because of all the different game modes, arcade has only 1 mode.

Anyway, suggest me some games please, mostly fighters. Right now i only got sf3 3rd strike and marvel vs capcom 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                The only thing i'm haiting with mame is that its the arcade versions of these games. Like street fighter III 3rd strike on dreamcast was great because of all the different game modes, arcade has only 1 mode.

Anyway, suggest me some games please, mostly fighters. Right now i only got sf3 3rd strike and marvel vs capcom 2.
                If you want games for netplay the most played ones are sf alpha 3, 3rd strike, king of fighters 98 and 02, marvel vs SF, xmen vs SF, marvel vs capcom 1

Comment

Originally posted by Kastrioti View Post
                  If you want games for netplay the most played ones are sf alpha 3, 3rd strike, king of fighters 98 and 02, marvel vs SF, xmen vs SF, marvel vs capcom 1
                  I'm playing SFA 3 online right now on mame netplay

Comment

Working...
                  X