No announcement yet.

Moments when you've been freaked out playing a game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moments when you've been freaked out playing a game

Own up to it, it's happened to all of us at leat once.

The first time I ever really remember being afraid of a game was playing Bram Stoker's Dracula on the SNES back when I was like, 6 or 7 years old. The bosses freaked me out.

Looking back at it I have no idea why.

I've also had a few "jump" moments while playing the Silent Hill series. ****, I'd probably still jump at them to this day. They're awesome fun but seriously twisted.

I'm not sure it classifies as the same kind of "freaked out" but when I first fought Psycho Mantis in MGS1 I freaked when my TV went black and the "Hideo" screen came up.

Comment

The opening to Donkey Kong 64 terrified me as a child. I have no idea why.

Comment

the big spiders on res evil 2 haha

Comment

Keep 'em coming fellas. This **** is going to get interesting.

Another one I remember being afraid of as a child was the "Friday the 13th" game on the NES. Anytime Jason came out I about pinched a loaf.

Comment

Originally posted by robjr View Post
            the big spiders on res evil 2 haha
            They kinda got me too, but more of a panic type thing. I never had enough blue herbs to heal the poison and I always ran from them like a ***** to avoid being bitten.

The opening to Donkey Kong 64 terrified me as a child. I have no idea why.
            That's an interesting one.

Comment

Recently, Fallout 3.

There are these mutant giant crab bastards, and a few times they attacked me out of nowhere.

However the number 1 moment was about a week ago. I'm walking through this dingy basement, and suddenly a skeleton pops up in front of me. Scared the hell out of me.

Another time was a game called Condemned. I was searching through some lockers, and you often do on the game. I open one, and suddenly some mad zombie woman jumps out at me.

Also, on the first Resident Evil, when you're walking down a corridor and then those dogs jump through the window and attack you.
              Last edited by Clegg; 12-08-2008, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Recently, Fallout 3.

There are these mutant giant crab bastards, and a few times they attacked me out of nowhere.

However the number 1 moment was about a week ago. I'm walking through this dingy basement, and suddenly a skeleton pops up in front of me. Scared the hell out of me.

Another time was a game called Condemned. I was searching through some lockers, and you often do on the game. I open one, and suddenly some mad zombie woman jumps out at me.

Also, on the first Resident Evil, when you're walking down a corridor and then those dogs jump through the window and attack you.

Good **** Clegg.

Comment

Everytime you get pulled into a fight towards the end of a Final Fantasy game.

Comment

I had no kind of bullets left, very little herbs, I fought him a ton of times and got hurt badly, I was tired, beat, drawn out, I needed a break, then I got it, I was in danger, I needed ammo and THIS HAPPENED I WAS SAVED.............OR NOT

Comment

Working...
                    X