Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like pixar films better,

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Reeno
      The reason DC died was because Sega pulled the plug. DC was making a killing in the US, but was pretty much dead in Japan. The United States HQ begged them to keep the system going, but they killed it anyway.
      And the cause of the demise was? Seeing it did poorly in Japan, Sega of Japan decided to pull the plug because... Just read my previous posts.

Comment

i still play my dreamcast, sucks that not that many good games came out for it.

Comment

its a very versitile machine minus the dvd

Comment

One excelent game on DC was shenmue 2. it was just tooo good. even the xbox version isnt as great as the one that came out for DC long time ago. marvel vs capcom 2 was good.

and btw, dvds were not the main reason DC fell, in fact, if im right, i think DC came out a few years earlier than ps2. the reason why DC fell was PIRACY. since sega hadnt built in any security for the DC to not be able to play burnt games, many many many developers did not make any games for the DC. so in the end, the reason why DC fell was not because of competiton, but because of the lack of developers.

but then again, i could be very wrong.

Comment

you make a good point shamz
              but im glad to see all the dreamcast fans here
              right on

Comment

Dreamcast gets played more than the ps2 in my house. Shenmue II is the best game I've ever played on any console.

Comment

the best thing sega ever did was ditch the hardware and start multiplatform games

Comment

Originally posted by loangunZ
                    the best thing sega ever did was ditch the hardware and start multiplatform games
                    It cant be the best thing they did consdering they had no other choice. They had great games, but if they had the extra cash (which they did not) they coulda made a console five times as better than then the ps2. And it wasnt even financial problems, they hype about ps2 was so tense that it pretty much destroyed any other companies dreams. Sega had the creativity, and the games. Microsoft only made the xbox to show the world that they could. What microsoft did was something almost close to impossible. It entered a market of video games with stiff competition, and the only reason they succeeded was because they had the money. In order for sega to get rid of there debt they HAD to start making games for other platforms. It was good for other console fans, but not for the few of us that like the DC. In my opinion, i like the DC market to be left the way it is, only for real fans to have the console. But finding games for it legitamately is so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by shamz
                      It cant be the best thing they did consdering they had no other choice. They had great games, but if they had the extra cash (which they did not) they coulda made a console five times as better than then the ps2. And it wasnt even financial problems, they hype about ps2 was so tense that it pretty much destroyed any other companies dreams. Sega had the creativity, and the games. Microsoft only made the xbox to show the world that they could. What microsoft did was something almost close to impossible. It entered a market of video games with stiff competition, and the only reason they succeeded was because they had the money. In order for sega to get rid of there debt they HAD to start making games for other platforms. It was good for other console fans, but not for the few of us that like the DC. In my opinion, i like the DC market to be left the way it is, only for real fans to have the console. But finding games for it legitamately is so hard.

The xbox is a souped up dreamcast.

I love my dreamcast, I still play it and just recently bought another one....It is collecting dust now as I am trying to finish my season mode in espn 2k5, while the games were a bit lackluster the imports and emulators make up all the way for it!

Me and a few buddies of mine still get online with our dreamcasts (I have the broadband adapter) and we will the play the sega 2k series games, because they are still that damn good....

Ironic that nfl 2k1-2k3 on dreamcast look a hell of a lot better then the 2k series (until 2005) on the ps2.

One of the best games ever is shenmue, I have shenmue 2 but I never have the time to sit down and play it. I own it for xbox and dreamcast and yes the dreamcast one owns the xbox version any day even on its worst.......

Anyone ever play fire pro wrestling D on the dreamcast? That game is sooo addicting.

Comment

Working...
                      X