Preventing RROD on your XBOX 360

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travi$ View Post
    Thats the ****er

I had to send my old xbox away.. Comes back motherboard error, they replaced that, been working ever since

They reckon the models made after 2006 or 2007 are fixed
    thats been proven wrong.....a batch of the new rrod free 360's were in display at a videogame convention and one got the rrod
    Last edited by -Hyperion-; 04-28-2008, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
      I always here Xbox people talk about how it's better online and I really don't see much difference. BTW what's that HOME all about?

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
        I always here Xbox people talk about how it's better online and I really don't see much difference. BTW what's that HOME all about?
        Explaining it isn't enough... Try googling it.

All ima say is massive online market place and **** in a virtual world with minigames and achievements for each game.

So much crap.

Comment

how long usually take to get system back after you ship it to be fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by robjr View Post
            how long usually take to get system back after you ship it to be fixed?
            mine took 5 days

Comment

snap. did u really do that?!
              yes, i really did that.

Comment

I figured make this thread so we all can give tips and advice on how to prevent getting the RROD (Red Ring Of Death) on your XBOX 360.

Myself I have had my 360 for 2 years and I just recently had to send my XBOX 360 in because I got the RROD.

I found this video that seems to give some good tips.

A cooling fan isnt going to do nothing if you have one of the older Xboxs, its internal its a hardware issue, the onlything a cooling fan will do is collect dust you can count on that.
                I sent mine in and immediatly recieved a brand new Xbox in return. However you will more than likely be getting the same thing a new Xbox. it sucked for a month but I noticed the difference right away when I got the new one, it didnt sound like a jet was taking off when I loaded it.
                it didnt have that high pitched fan noise as the old one did, it worked better than the other Xbox I had did the day I brought it home.
                However I will advise you to stay clear of any fans that plug into the power source, there is video and photos of them catching on fire.

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resou...ntercooler.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X