No announcement yet.

Preventing RROD on your XBOX 360

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing RROD on your XBOX 360

I figured make this thread so we all can give tips and advice on how to prevent getting the RROD (Red Ring Of Death) on your XBOX 360.

Myself I have had my 360 for 2 years and I just recently had to send my XBOX 360 in because I got the RROD.

I found this video that seems to give some good tips.

Lol..

Get a Cooler. Or a PS3.

You can't prevent this. It will only lower the risk, but you will get one regardless. You hear all that noise the 360 makes? That's it... Hardware malfunction.. TO much for the system.. im surprised the discs don't melt in that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
      Lol..

Get a Cooler. Or a PS3.

You can't prevent this. It will only lower the risk, but you will get one regardless. You hear all that noise the 360 makes? That's it... Hardware malfunction.. TO much for the system.. im surprised the discs don't melt in that ****.
      yea I see what yer saying.. But aside from the annoying RROD problem.. Im just alot bigger fan of the 360. Mainly because of the online.

Comment

I just bought an elite, I hope they fixed some of the problems from the frist "pros". I broke like 3 of the rules to. lol

Comment

Originally posted by robjr View Post
          yea I see what yer saying.. But aside from the annoying RROD problem.. Im just alot bigger fan of the 360. Mainly because of the online.
          Online is the same ****. aside from the market place. It isn't anything special. Its gonna be soon enough where microsoft will release another system using Blu-ray.

HD DVD's is dead technology.

Online is the same exact ****. HOME will be released soon, and when that comes out, I wanna see what people say about online.

Comment

Using external cooling devices usually isnt a good idea, anything that blocks the ports/air vents is ineffective, and is only going to heat up your console more.

Originally posted by robjr View Post
            One unified "friend's list" is nice, but thats about the only advantage I saw using xbox live, I played halo 2 on that **** for a year at least, and cheating was pretty rampant, lag wasnt so bad but it still happened. I mean people could bridge host and use mods, wtf. I'd be more willing to pay for it if they could eliminate cheating.

Comment

OR JUST DO WHAT I DID....

go buy a new 360 with cash at walmart...

take it home... take them both apart... switch the insides...

put the your **** 360 guts inside the new cover with the new serial #s still on the outside... put it back in the box... and return it.... say it stopped working and you want a refund...

got your cash back... and brand new 360 guts in your old cover...

already did it

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

put the your **** 360 guts inside the new cover with the new serial #s still on the outside... put it back in the box... and return it.... say it stopped working and you want a refund...

already did it
                Thats the ****er

I had to send my old xbox away.. Comes back motherboard error, they replaced that, been working ever since

They reckon the models made after 2006 or 2007 are fixed

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

already did it
                  snap. did u really do that?!

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
                    Online is the same ****. aside from the market place. It isn't anything special. Its gonna be soon enough where microsoft will release another system using Blu-ray.

HD DVD's is dead technology.

Online is the same exact ****. HOME will be released soon, and when that comes out, I wanna see what people say about online.
                    I always here Xbox people talk about how it's better online and I really don't see much difference. BTW what's that HOME all about?

Comment

Working...
                    X