• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
    lol thats a good one
    yes, it was a good one.

Comment

A wall has no similarities to a human makes no sense. dumb ass

Comment

Punch the wall easy with bare knuckles. Don't punch anything too hard unless it has give. Flat wall bags are generally rubberized. Makiwaras have some play back and forth. Nothing wrong with conditioning the knuckles. How many boxers you see who walk around with casts after a street fight? This is due to too much training with gloves. Work the heavy bag with seamless leather work gloves to toughen the hands and wrists.

Comment

Originally posted by yrrej View Post
          Punch the wall easy with bare knuckles. Don't punch anything too hard unless it has give. Flat wall bags are generally rubberized. Makiwaras have some play back and forth. Nothing wrong with conditioning the knuckles. How many boxers you see who walk around with casts after a street fight? This is due to too much training with gloves. Work the heavy bag with seamless leather work gloves to toughen the hands and wrists.
          Thanx 4 ur advise. I think im going to stop punching the wall and get my self a very heavy bag.

Comment

hahahaaha, well I guess punching the wall could help improve your accuracy. You can practice slipping punches when the wall bounces back at you,...hahahahahaha

Comment

****, my wall doesnt move. How can i make it move?!?!

Comment

OK,..... although punching a wall increases the resistance of your hand to impact, you must use a heavy bag in order to time, coordinate and associate yourself with a moving object. A punching bag is also pretty hard so it will also strengthen your resistance.

The shaolin Monks used to punch concrete blocks hundreds of times a day in order to increase impact resistance. And although it actually does work, hitting a punching bag will give you way more benefit than a wall does.

Comment

Everything has its own good. Shaolin priests punched walls, lightly, to strengthen the striking surface and underlying structure. Not only does the bony face of the knuckle become thicker, but with time the matrix realigns itself to face the force of the impact. Pan Qing is a good modern day example of this. He strikes a steel plate lightly 2000 times per day and has large deformed knuckles. They also used wall bags which had give. Not only the wrists, but the shoulders joints can be compressed and injured by striking hard surfaces with no give. That's why people train bare knuckle push-ups on the floor, e.g. in order to avoid the impact. Most Chinese equipment, like the mook jong dummy, has play in it for this reason. One can train accuracy as much on a wall bag, assuming straight punches, as anywhere else. And old-fashioned fighting without gloves incorporated a lot more straight punches and less hooking motions with the fists because bare fists, given conditioning, are so much harder than gloved fists. One can look back at the old timers who used either no gloves or very light, thin gloves and check out their stances, even some of their footage (Jack Johnson comes to mind). Much more centerline conscious on both offense and defense. So it depends on what a person is training for. But, since this is a boxing forum, one would assume he is training to box. A heavy bag is good for some things, assuming it is leather, filled equally throughout, and not too hard, soft, or too heavy. But a beginner can just as easily get hurt on the heavy bag by hitting it awkwardly with poor form or spraining the wrist if one isn't used to hitting it or not properly wrapped. All this being said, my favorite training device is the heavy bag.

Comment

Ill still stick to my double end bag for favorites.

Comment

I love the double-end bag......

Comment

Working...
                      X