Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey fellas, I need some help..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting without sparring or boxing experience doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Make sure you're well conditioned and you do a lot of shadowboxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
      If it turns out that my target partner wont come to the gym on days when I do (I can't change my schedule because of MBA classes, weee.) then I'll beg my coach to put me in with other guys. He told me he wouldn't do that because all (and I mean all) the other guys in the gym are vets. Hopefully he'll let me fight and get some rounds under me first, but I'm planning for the worst.
      CALL SOME OTHER NEARBY GYMS. INFACT EVEN NOT SO NEAR BY ONES. SEE IF THERE IS SOMBODY TO SPAR WITH. CHANCES ARE THERE WILL BE. ITS EASY FOR ME TO SAY LIVING IN SOUTHERN CALI, THERE ARE BOXING GYMS ALL OVER. BUT I'M SURE IF YOU LOOK YOU'LL FIND SOMEBODY TO SPAR WITH EVEN IF ITS JUST DEFENSE ONLYYOU NEED THE EXPERIENCE. YOU HAVE TO MARKET YOUR SELF IN THE AMATEUR RANKS. MEET PEOPLE KEEP THEM IN YOUR HEAD YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THEY CAN HELP YOU OUT. TAKE IT A STEP FARTHER HELP THEM OUT FIRST AND KEEP THEM IN YOUR MIND. THEY AFTER ALL OWE YOU. WHICH IS WHY "SAD TO SAY" I COME OFF AS SUCH A NICE GUY. ALWAYS QUICK TO DO A FAVOR. BUT IN THE END ITS FOR A REASON EVENTUALLY. YOU NEED TO SPAR BEFORE THE FIGHT. IF NOTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO GET YOURSELF COMFORTABLE PUTTING TOGETHER WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED IN THE GYM. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Comment

You gotta spar.

Comment

Working...
        X