No announcement yet.

Boxing = Best All-Around Athletes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
    punching as a boxer does is an unnatural skill that needs to be learned through many, many hours of practice and therefore is not a good test of natural athleticism.
    Check out the big brain on Kid Achilles. Beautifully said, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo
      Honestly, Coreano, I'd bet against you here. Of course I respect your opinion, because your a quality poster, I just think in a "no holds barred" type of situation, Lee beats Tyson because of the multi-dimensional fighting technique. (Plus I studied BL's style of martial arts, so I'm biased :P)
      Ringo no offense taken. I'm not knocking Bruce Lee at all, hes one of the greatest if not the greatest Martial Artists of all time. My grandfather is a 9th Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, so I respect martial arts immensly. I would just bet on Tyson, but im sure Bruce Lee could prove me wrong.

Comment

Hey Kid,Isnt natural athleticism the ease at which someone picks up a sport or technique. The natural athelete is the guy that makes what ever hes doing look natural and easy with minimun effort?????

If thats the case some1 cud be considered a natural athelete by monitoring there boxing skill and technique alone. Wud u say this is a fair statement?

Comment

please check out this link

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

it shows dat boxing is da most demanding sport overal, taking into acount fitness, skill and mental aspects of da sport!

Comment

Originally posted by Coreano
            Ringo no offense taken. I'm not knocking Bruce Lee at all, hes one of the greatest if not the greatest Martial Artists of all time. My grandfather is a 9th Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, so I respect martial arts immensly. I would just bet on Tyson, but im sure Bruce Lee could prove me wrong.

tyson? Heh...

I'd bet on little Naseem Hamed to roll up Bruce Lee...

i think what bruce did was great though. making his culture part of western culture is a beautiful thing. sucks that he's dead. it's great to see someone succeed in their passion though, and thats what bruce did.

Comment

There was a time when professional boxers were the fittest and most highly trained athletes in the world, but that was long ago. As it happens most other sports have been advancing while boxing has sadly seen a regression. Boxers had already achieved the apex of human achievement, other sports are merely catching up. Anybody who can go 15 hard rounds and show no fatigue whatsoever is in superb condition. This silly preoccupation with strength training to the detriment of fitness is a big mistake and it has led to many poor quality, boring fights which has alienated many of the fans.

Comment

Working...
              X