No announcement yet.

i bought 16 oz gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i bought 16 oz gloves

i decided to roll to big 5 just to see what they had and left with 16 oz boxing gloves, hand wraps, bag gloves, and head gear. i am a heavyweight and i am wondering are 16 oz gloves too big? ha, they, just look so damn big when i wear them.

You're gonna use them for training or sparring? Training, it's fine but I like using 12 oz. for sparring.

Comment

i'm not going to use them for training, just sparring and fighting. but i'm not sure if they are too big, if they are, i am going to take them back. hmmm, the guy that was there was telling me to get 16 oz gloves because he thought i'd hurt people in sparring or something. weird kid, but i went with it.

Comment

IDK, I personally like to use 12-14 oz. for sparring as they're lighter and your goal isn't to strength the arms by added resistance.

Comment

If your a heavyweight and a big puncher, 16 oz gloves should be good. 12 oz are too light. They don't offer any protection.

Comment

We have to use 16oz when sparring, so im sure they would be fine.

Comment

You're gonna use them for training or sparring? Training, it's fine but I like using 12 oz. for sparring.
              every trainer i've met says to use 16oz for sparring

Comment

Wow, we use 12-14 for sparring.

Comment

Working...
                X