No announcement yet.

O/T-So many out of shape people in US

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T-So many out of shape people in US

Yesterday I went to Dorney Park and I have to say, 95% of the people there were overweight. I'm not saying that I was the best there or anything, I'm nowhere near ripped, just lean with a 4 pack. And I was feeling a bit weird about going on the water rides because I thought I'd look bad. But everyone there were like 200+ lbs of FAT. So I definately wasn't worried about me looking bad. There was maybe 10-20 people I saw that weren't fat. I always thought on the news about obesity was just overrated but they're right.

Is US like this or others countries are like this too?

When I was in Paris last year I could tell the Americans a block away. We were all fat. Myself included. I don't know why my wife put up with me being such a lardass. She's real happy now, though.

Comment

yep its like this every where. just blame addiction to fast food & soda

also american's are very lazy. blame technology for that.

Comment

I mean, when I was walking around by the rides. Everywhere I looked, there were fat people. And by the food court, there were 8 year olds who were like 200 lbs. eating 3 burgers, 2 hot dogs, etc. at one sitting.

Comment

Super sized fries.

Oh yeah, and corn syrup. check this link out, if you drink regular coke and you don't know why you're getting fat and can't lose weight, check this.
          http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Citation

Comment

Nice link. Good read.

I've yet to see the movie Super Size me. After that, they've stopped making super sized drinks/foods. I heard that guy in the movie after a month of McDonalds gained 60 lbs of fat and increased his cholesterol by ALOT and other stuff aswell.

Comment

yea, i could prolly do what he did with a diet of nothin but baby back ribs and beer, too, tho...Then again Mc D's gives you that lethal combo of hella carbs, hella corn syrup, hella fat and calories, and hella oils...

Comment

& Mc D's gets in your head at a young age. like the guy on super size me was saying, those good memories of being a little kid at mcdonalds, getting a nice sugary coca cola along with some salty fries, cheesy cheeseburger that tastes great, and playin in the little playpen or whatever they have there turns out to be great memories. So great that when you're old and hungry at age 15+ you remember those synapses that formed when you were a kid and remember those happy memories and bam, there you are standing in line ready to order a double burger wit cheese.

Comment

"Hepatic metabolism of fructose favors de novo lipogenesis."

Hepatic = from the liver

de novo = Latin for "be new", = "new"

lipogenesis = creation of fat

In other words, eating fructose makes your liver create NEW fat in your body.

Posted only b/c this is a really Goddamn important part of the referenced NCBI article and many of you don't speak Latin. Cheers.

Comment

Fraidy, good post.

Second, the movie "Super Size Me" needs to never be referenced with any form of credibility. Morgan Spurlock basically made himself stupid to get his point across. Yes, McDonald's does serve unhealthy foods, but grocery stores sell unhealthy foods as well. You didn't see "Wal-Mart Size Me," or anything like that. If Spurlock had been a "fair" documentor, he would have changed up his order processes. I.e. - gone after some healthy things in the mix. Did he? No. He furthered the stereotype of American stupidity. Thus, he's a jackass. Bogus movies about nutrition piss me off.

Just for the record, I've never worked at a burger joint and I don't own any MD's stock.

Comment

Working...
                    X