Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastest way to cut quarantine weight gain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By carrying around excess weight you run the risk of stretching your skin permanently.

Comment

Gradual force of will over your brain till it changes, takes a few years minimum

Comment

Be in a calorie deficit. That's the only way to lose weight. https://tdeecalculator.net/

Put in your stats, eat at a deficit (or eat at maintenance and do cardio to put yourself in a deficit) and go for gold

Don't lose weight too fast. 1% of your bodyweight per week is the rule. Losing it too fast increases injury risk.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          That's all from the pandemic?
          Yeah just been eating junk all these months. Feels horrible

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Cardio + diet
            Yup.

I was like the OP. I started to look pregnant.

I now do just 30 mins of cardio daily, plus a little bag work here and there through the day.

I also changed my diet, though not drastically. I still eat out at times, etc, but I now eat much smaller portions, and I cut back greatly on sugar drinks. For red meats, I try never to eat more meat than the size of my fist at a meal. I also eat more seafood, but not alot more.

In my case, the weight flew off. In two months I lost 15-20 lbs, and it was all fat. My body shape also drastically changed as well.

I lost so much, once I can find some free weights for sale, I'll add that to my workout regimen. Probably every other day on that.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
              yoooooooooooo.

i was on the same boat.
              during the beginning of qtine throught end of may, i got heavy af.
              all i did was cook and eat and **** my roomie.
              lost muscle definition, my gut got huge.

pre covid i was massive, bulky and peaked at 175. im 5'5. average weight 167-170.
              so one day i looked at myself in the mirror and im like man... this aint it. it was an unbearable sight. granted everyone says i look fine, but to me.. its a big nope.

so june 1st i started training like i got a fight coming up and i have to train for 12weeks.
              weve all seen all access and 24/7, we know what the fk they do so i copied that.
              first 3 weeks i ran EVERY single day with my dog. no skipped day,that was my mental edge that i can do this thing.
              so at first i thought i was jogging 1.5 miles. got a smart watch, it measured 5 miles. so wth.
              my stamina and endurance got built up.

in the middle of my runs, i would do crunches, stairs and pushups and shadow boxing.
              after 3 weeks, i felt overtrained from the runs. so i stopped running. im biking instead.
              for muscle activation, i would do 40 yard power sprints and 100 yards. thats it. no more long distance jogs.
              i would also do the bags for 1-2 hours after the run. i got a mini boxing gym setup in my garage. speedbag, heavy and aqua.

ok 9 weeks in, im 155 today.
              i feel terrible i lost 20lbs of the fcking hard work of bodybuilding i did the last 2 years.
              but i feel solid, light and i look good naked again. got the V back, and i can walk around shirtless with no shame.

What was your diet like?

I’ve gotten so top heavy that knees hurt now when I run/jog.

I’m gonna just lift weights 3-4x a week and focus on a caloric deficit by cutting out carbs from my diet, and only leaving fruits veggies and oatmeal for carbs.
              Stick to fish and chicken avocado.

Comment

Originally posted by HewJohnson View Post
                What was your diet like?

I’ve gotten so top heavy that knees hurt now when I run/jog.

I’m gonna just lift weights 3-4x a week and focus on a caloric deficit by cutting out carbs from my diet, and only leaving fruits veggies and oatmeal for carbs.
                Stick to fish and chicken avocado.
                i was the same with that heaviness feel.

while on the weight cut training, i wouldnt eat as much and would often eat a tuna+mayo with ritz or keebler *******s. i ate what i usually do but wasnt as much.

now i can eat whatever and however much i want.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                  i was the same with that heaviness feel.

while on the weight cut training, i wouldnt eat as much and would often eat a tuna+mayo with ritz or keebler *******s. i ate what i usually do but wasnt as much.

now i can eat whatever and however much i want.
                  Those are some of my old weight cutting tricks.

Comment

I understand you. Fast carbs are the only food available right now.

Comment

You could even start off by walking in your bedroom for 30 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                      X