No announcement yet.

Help setting up double end bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help setting up double end bag

Hi so I bought a double end bag recently. Only problem is, I have no beams in my wall to set this up. Any ideas on possible solutions?

Originally posted by Dawn-nightmarex View Post
    Hi so I bought a double end bag recently. Only problem is, I have no beams in my wall to set this up. Any ideas on possible solutions?
    Are you in an apartment? Do you have a garage?...….Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Are you in an apartment? Do you have a garage?...….Rockin'
      No, I’m in a 4 bedroom. I do have a garage, but the wall is exactly the same. It won’t even hold a hook screwed into it. I’m thinking of just buying the 3 station heavy bag when I get my fafsa in a couple of weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Dawn-nightmarex View Post
        No, I’m in a 4 bedroom. I do have a garage, but the wall is exactly the same. It won’t even hold a hook screwed into it. I’m thinking of just buying the 3 station heavy bag when I get my fafsa in a couple of weeks
        I'm not sure about how to hook you double end bag up. What does a wall have to do with hanging a double end bag, that confuses me… What is a 3 station heavy bag?…….Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 05-08-2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          I'm not sure about how to hook you double end bag up. What does a wall have to do with hanging a double end bag, that confuses me… What is a 3 station heavy bag?…….Rockin'
          The ceilings are very old. It won’t hold hooks for longer than 3 seconds, and it won’t hold the mount from my double end bag. Everything falls out of it. My sisters room will hold it, but she won’t allow it in there lol and here’s https://images.app.goo.gl/Z4zf5oR9v6n3bDVV9

Comment

Either you’ll have to cut out some
            Drywall and install some wood backing for a I hook

Usually ceiling joists are 16”-24” apart. So if you can figure out which way they run you could get a 4’ two by four or something and just screw it up to the few joists you got. Then sort of loop one of your straps around the 2x4 and hang the double end bag off that.

I would use 3” screws. Even though a double end bag is light there will be a lot of movement and over time if the screws aren’t really into lumber it will fall away.
            I forgot to mention leave the drywall on and just screw through it into the joists. You probably rent your place and don’t want to loose your deposit.
            Last edited by Lucky86; 05-10-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I have a hook into a stud. If u dont have a stud to drill into u could likely use drywall anchors.

I just bought a new double end bad, it came with a plate with a hook on it. Dry wall anchors would likely work.

I use RDX brand weighted anchors to hold my bags down but in reality a 25-45lb weight will do just fine.

Comment

Fitting was also a problem for me, as there must be enough area where one can easily practice. For fitting them i used brackets and fittings, it was hard to do, as i was not pro, but by following some steps online, i done that all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesfranklin View Post
                  Fitting was also a problem for me, as there must be enough area where one can easily practice. For fitting them i used brackets and fittings, it was hard to do, as i was not pro, but by following some steps online, i done that all.
                  How many pounds was the bag?

Comment

Working...
                  X