Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion on Top Boxer Alien gloves (long fingers, especially the thumbs)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Top Boxer Alien gloves (long fingers, especially the thumbs)

What is the consensus on this brand and model in general? Is it good quality and well designed?

And more specifically for me, is Top Boxer Alien a good choice for someone with long fingers, in particular long thumbs?

I'm 6'4 with "piano fingers" and a lot of other gloves I've tried have left me stubbing my thumb a lot when punching, as my thumb is long enough that it protrudes about an inch past my knuckles when I make a fist and stick the thumb forward.

I need something that's long enough in the thumbs to fit mine inside it (obviously) but also which tucks the thumb in well enough and is sufficiently padded in the knuckle that the thumb doesn't take impact that should go to the knuckle. I've had some problems with this before, anyone know how Top Boxer Alien fares in this regard?

I've heard of them before, but don't know anyone who used them. Where are you buying them from?

Comment

If I do go for them, I'd just be ordering them directly from TopBoxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver357 View Post
        If I do go for them, I'd just be ordering them directly from TopBoxer.
        Usually the best way, unless Ebay has a deal going.

Comment

Topboxer is known to have amazing quality gloves. I've bought headgear and glove sets from him. Quality is amazing. The great thing about topboxer is that you can customize everything you want about a glove, from cut, to colors, to the type of padding, to design. If you check topboxers' reviews on s.herdog then you can see he is topnotch. He can create anything you want as well. Highly recommend his gear.

Comment

Originally posted by {Pito} View Post
            Topboxer is known to have amazing quality gloves. I've bought headgear and glove sets from him. Quality is amazing. The great thing about topboxer is that you can customize everything you want about a glove, from cut, to colors, to the type of padding, to design. If you check topboxers' reviews on s.herdog then you can see he is topnotch. He can create anything you want as well. Highly recommend his gear.
            How are the prices?

Comment

I'll be buying directly from them rather than ebay for the same reason that I won't be doing anything custom for this order, and the simple reason for this is that my reason for going to them in the first place is that I struggle to find gloves that fit my long thumbs, so I need to have the option to return them either for a bigger pair or for money back in case they don't fit me properly.

Buying from ebay might make that difficult, and going custom would make it impossible.

Another aspect of it is shipping, which might be a pain with ebay as I need them delivered in Norway, and there are some customs issues that might also cause a problem aside from shipping costs.

As for prices, from what I understand they are 110 USD for most standard models and 149 for custom gloves, and at this price they do free shipping in north america, all of europe, and a lot of other countries outside this too.

This is another bonus for me as it means if I have to return for money back i'd get the full amount rather than only the price without shipping, so my loss would only be the return shipping costs rather than both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver357 View Post
                I'll be buying directly from them rather than ebay for the same reason that I won't be doing anything custom for this order, and the simple reason for this is that my reason for going to them in the first place is that I struggle to find gloves that fit my long thumbs, so I need to have the option to return them either for a bigger pair or for money back in case they don't fit me properly.

Buying from ebay might make that difficult, and going custom would make it impossible.

Another aspect of it is shipping, which might be a pain with ebay as I need them delivered in Norway, and there are some customs issues that might also cause a problem aside from shipping costs.

As for prices, from what I understand they are 110 USD for most standard models and 149 for custom gloves, and at this price they do free shipping in north america, all of europe, and a lot of other countries outside this too.

This is another bonus for me as it means if I have to return for money back i'd get the full amount rather than only the price without shipping, so my loss would only be the return shipping costs rather than both ways.
                Probably the smarter route to go in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  Probably the smarter route to go in that direction.

I've seen some of the custom stuff they've done and it just looks amazing, so wish I'd be going that route, but when the whole point is that I'm trying to find (at long last) a glove that will fit my long thumbs I kind of need to keep those return options open. So therefore it's standard gloves bought with the option with the best returns policy.

I've made the order now, so some 18oz Alien gloves should be arriving in not too long.

Comment

Working...
                  X