No announcement yet.

Need Help Dealing With Super Aggressive Fighters - Tips Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Dealing With Super Aggressive Fighters - Tips Needed

Hey, I need help dealing with super aggressive fighters. My boxing "style" is based around counter punching and fighting off the backfoot and using my athleticism and footwork to avoid punches from my opponent and show ring generalship by controlling the pace.

But the one major thing I have problems with is super aggressive fighters. Fighters who fight similar to shawn porter who just rush in throwing punches in or out of the clinch it doesn't matter.

I constantly have to deal with one of the two.

Constant headbutts
    Clinching

Usually when they rush in I'll get headbutted if they're shorter than me or get headbutted by them trying to get out of the clinch.

Inside the clinch is also a problem because it seems like these guys that does have this type of style are just physically stronger than usual sparring partners.

What are some tips on how to deal with this? I know I'ma have to get stronger to deal with opponents like this. Also A jab seems to keep them off of me until they just rush in. I'm also working on a left hook to get off the ropes and kinda sweep them to the side or towards the ropes while I slide out. Kinda like mayweather does.

Any advice would help!

I'd say get on your bike. Use lateral movement. Watch what Thurman did with Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoseph View Post
      Hey, I need help dealing with super aggressive fighters. My boxing "style" is based around counter punching and fighting off the backfoot and using my athleticism and footwork to avoid punches from my opponent and show ring generalship by controlling the pace.

But the one major thing I have problems with is super aggressive fighters. Fighters who fight similar to shawn porter who just rush in throwing punches in or out of the clinch it doesn't matter.

I constantly have to deal with one of the two.

Constant headbutts
      Clinching

Usually when they rush in I'll get headbutted if they're shorter than me or get headbutted by them trying to get out of the clinch.

Inside the clinch is also a problem because it seems like these guys that does have this type of style are just physically stronger than usual sparring partners.

What are some tips on how to deal with this? I know I'ma have to get stronger to deal with opponents like this. Also A jab seems to keep them off of me until they just rush in. I'm also working on a left hook to get off the ropes and kinda sweep them to the side or towards the ropes while I slide out. Kinda like mayweather does.

Any advice would help!
      I'd say stop being a wimp and fight rather than running away because you'll get knocked out

Comment

The things you claim as your strengths, are the very things you need to deal with pressure fighters so maybe take an honest account of what your strengths really are vs what you want them to be. From that point you can decide what areas you need to give your attention.

Footwork is king here. Supported by the jab. Study the Klitschko Brothers, particularly Vitali. Look at how the opponent strikes. Is he leading with a punch? Or, is he establishing his feet before striking? There's a lot of things to take into consideration.

Comment

Didn't know fighting on the backfoot is running away. I guess shakur, floyd and many defensive fighters run away. including AJ who fought ruiz that way lol

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            The things you claim as your strengths, are the very things you need to deal with pressure fighters so maybe take an honest account of what your strengths really are vs what you want them to be. From that point you can decide what areas you need to give your attention.

Footwork is king here. Supported by the jab. Study the Klitschko Brothers, particularly Vitali. Look at how the opponent strikes. Is he leading with a punch? Or, is he establishing his feet before striking? There's a lot of things to take into consideration.
            Yeah I understand that. My footwork is good. Maybe need to work on throwing a better jab. And most opponents lead with a punch.

Comment

Id ask my trainer and team members

Comment

Working...
              X