No announcement yet.

Help me choose some bag gloves.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose some bag gloves.

Alright so our gym is poor, and our trainer supplies gloves but they are really old gloves, some of them are like over 20 years old, and well im sick of hand pain and my hands shaking after ever session, so i think it's time to bite the bullet and buy some gloves, especially with christmas coming up.

Anyway anyway, firstly what size gloves should i use, im 78 atm but that's cause i got lazy and fat, and can't spar atm, but by the time ill be sparring again ill be back to 72 ish, so what size gloves should i be getting, I already have 16 ounce sparring gloves but i was thinking for the bag/pads i should get something lighter maybe closer to gloves ill be fighting at, maybe 14's, hell maybe even 12's.

So pricing, yeah im not poor or anything but im definitely not quite as rich as my friends, anyway the cheaper the better, but i'd like em to be decent, the max id want to go is like 150 aud (100 usd) but if all the gloves at that price range are gonna be chit i can maybe extend it to 200 aud (135 usd)

Cliffs
    - reccomend me bag gloves
    - what weight gloves
    - weigh 78, will be using at around 72
    - price less the better but i want em to be decent.

Thanks boys

Fighting training gloves are good, i use 12oz im 85kg

Comment

you can get some really good prices this holiday season

Comment

Rival gloves perhaps? They have a .au website that has a few different choices within your price points. I was initially going to suggest them thinking you might get a better deal with the AUD to CAD exchange rates, until I noticed they have an Australian site. So that's a bonus. The prices are a little more expensive compared to the .ca website but I'm sure any deal you'd get there would be mangled by shipping prices. Just an option to consider anyway

Oh they have a size guide on there too and you'd be L 12 oz

https://rivalboxing.com.au/collections/bag-gloves/
        Last edited by YoungManRumble; 12-03-2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Man f*** all that get them jack johnsons go old school

Comment

I got some Cleto Reyes bag gloves several months ago. I use them on average like 3 days per week and they still don't show much wear at all. The new glove smell stayed around forever.

Comment

Originally posted by dot.c.eh View Post
              Rival gloves perhaps? They have a .au website that has a few different choices within your price points. I was initially going to suggest them thinking you might get a better deal with the AUD to CAD exchange rates, until I noticed they have an Australian site. So that's a bonus. The prices are a little more expensive compared to the .ca website but I'm sure any deal you'd get there would be mangled by shipping prices. Just an option to consider anyway

Oh they have a size guide on there too and you'd be L 12 oz

https://rivalboxing.com.au/collections/bag-gloves/
              Yeah man i was actually looking into rival already, i was thinking going fuk it and buying these guys https://rivalboxing.com.au/collectio.../products/rb10

i'm just wondering if there are better gloves in this price range, or for less.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
                I got some Cleto Reyes bag gloves several months ago. I use them on average like 3 days per week and they still don't show much wear at all. The new glove smell stayed around forever.
                I was looking at them and like, idk i know the brand has a great reputation and all, but all their bag gloves are mitts, and i hate mitts.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  Man f*** all that get them jack johnsons go old school
                  they seem a lil.... dated, lol

Comment

Go for 16oz Fairtex BGV9 gloves. It's going to be perfect for you, trust me

Comment

Working...
                    X