Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Ali Rare Heavy Bag Video

Found this gem on tube.

Very cool - thanks for sharing!

Did you see that ring of sweat on the floor at 1:40? (And again at 2:10, 2:35, etc). Killer.

Comment

I was rather meh with it until as a.rihn pointed out, the ring of sweat on the floor.

Train like how you fight on full display there. Sticking and moving even on the heavy bag.

Comment

Yeah man i didn't saw that thanks for pointing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Taha93 View Post
          Found this gem on tube.

you can recite the koran,, you live in pakiland..,,, you got a masters in ee.. i am jew... do you hate me...

i want to test your real feelings,, befire islam hit your country.... what... i am asking you.. do you think israel has a right to fight back... be careful... i read hebrew... understand arabic...

you what..urdu.... tell me.. share.. ali was great.. you most probably know nothing about NOI... pure bs.... MOhanned was white... he hated blacks.. i know more about your religion than you do...

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            I was rather meh with it until as a.rihn pointed out, the ring of sweat on the floor.

Train like how you fight on full display there. Sticking and moving even on the heavy bag.
            Muhammad Ali trained well within his limits, he was never known as a immensely hard trainer 'His training would change in intensity depending on who he fought, and whether he perceived them as a threat' even Larry Holmes stated that Muhammad Ali could of trained harder for his fight against George Foreman 'This was at the champions forever documentary dinner'

Muhammad Ali in some ways reminded me of James Toney in his attitude to the sport 'Toney was not a lazy fighter but just mainly enjoyed sparring or hitting a heavy bad here and there' Freddie Roach once stated that 'Toney disliked conditioning exercises, and would want to just spar then go home' So Toney was never lazy just, had certain things he liked to do 'But his diet was not really adequate'

Muhammad Ali struck me as a fighter who, enjoyed his running and sparring mainly 'Heavy-bag work, floor routines, and other conditioning exercises where not his primary focus or concern'.

And his physique showed that, Ali resembled like a lot of the heavyweights from that area 'Physiques of Olympic decathletes'.

Now? Heavyweights sometimes look like failed body builders 'Or gym goers who you would see in planet fitness etc' But still you cannot judge a fighter on these variables, I never do just making a observation.

Comment

Funny how all his heavy bag shots were at torso range but when he fought in the ring he was primarily a headhunter.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
                Funny how all his heavy bag shots were at torso range but when he fought in the ring he was primarily a headhunter.
                Think of Ali’s prime, and how he would do against Ruiz Jr etc makes me shudder!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X